Status: I am free to write again. Got caught up in all my classes!

Cage of Roses

Rose twenty - six

"You see long ago the others who ruled over the earth and the humans decided I wasn't suitable to rule along with them." Darken posed as if he were in a model shoot. I just wished he would just tell the story.

"I do not know if it was because they were jealous of my beauty. Or if it was simple because of something that I did. Either way they gave me the afterlife to look after and banished me from the earth. Under the conditions of my banishment only someone who had no power but came from a power blood line could release me."

"Which is where I come in right?" I asked crossing my arms and glaring at him.

"Of course my dear. I checked again and again for someone like you. But sadly every baby born to a power blood line held the powers of their parents. And yet you have somehow not. True the blood that runs through your veins is a mixture of witch and necromancer and yet there is no power from that blood. You were born for me." He turned and grabbed my chin and smiled devilishly.

"Don't get carried away. I just want to know how you managed to hook this curse on me." I slapped his hand away and looked upwards. It was going to start to rain soon.

"I understand why you would want to know. But once again it is all because of your blood line. Without your mothers blood I could not curse you. And without your fathers blood I could not visit you. There is a limit to my powers but through you I found a connection back to the world. And now I am free." He turned and held his hands to the sky just as it opened pouring buckets of rain down on us.

I watched for a second he seemed happy. How long had he been trapped? And why? i didn't know the answers to those questions but I knew what had to happen next.

"Sorry to rain on your parade (can't believe I said that) but you will have to go back." My voice was even as I watched him.

"And what makes you say that?"

When he turned around I thought I was going to die right there and then. His eyes were so cold it was like drowning under a block of ice. I hadn't noticed his fangs before but now I did. They were long and sticking out of his mouth. It was terrifying.

"You cannot stay on this Earth. You were never meant to be here." I said holding my ground.

"You say that now. However you were the one to release me in the first place. For your own selfish desires if I might add." He walked over that terrifying expression never leaving his face.

"You gave me no choice!" I countered although it wasn't much of an argument.

"You had plenty of choices. You could have reached out for help. Asked your mothers friends to break the curse. Even told your uncle everything. And yet you chose not to do those things. Because you were afraid of what they would think. You have no powers. You don't belong in their world, and yet you can't belong in the human world either can you?" He was close enough for me to see every detail of his face, his words hurt as much as a dagger to the throat.

"You're wrong." I said even as I knew he was right.

"Don't deny the truth. I have seen your mind, your greed, even your deepest fears. There is nothing you can hide from me. You - We know there is no way you can reseal me. I am to strong. And you are nothing but a mortal." He grinned now showing the fact that his other teeth were as sharp as his fangs.

"Maybe she can't but we can." The voice came from my right and we both turned at it.

There stood the little girl from the train, and next to her were the two elderly woman I had met. They stood side by side there eyes locked on Darken. I turned back and he straightened his smile gone replaced with a frown.

"Hello sisters. It has been too long."

I couldn't mistake the edge in his voice. Just as I couldn't mistake the fact that I was in even more trouble then I was a few minutes ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
I GOT MORE TISSUES!!!!!!