Status: I am free to write again. Got caught up in all my classes!

Cage of Roses

Rose twenty - seven

For a moment I continued standing in between the three women and Darken. My instincts told me to run, but my head told my instincts to keep their mouths shut. It seemed they were going to be locked in a glaring contest forever when the little girl looked my way and smiled.

"It's so nice to see you again Maliina. I really wish it was on better terms." Okay right then she didn't sound like any little girl I knew. More like, like . . . .

"Great. Please tell me you guys aren't like lord Buttface over here?" I asked letting out a sigh.

"I resent that comment. I have a lovely face." Darken snapped annoyed enough to look at me.

"I think that's her point brother. And to answer your question dear yes we are like him." Th lady from the train smiled unaffected by the tense atmosphere, "In truth we're the ones who sealed him away in the first place."

"This is true. Lord "Buttface" over there," The other women said this just to get a rile out of Darken, which she did, "spawned the race called of magical humans who are in tuned to the afterlife. Like your father. My sister is the overseer of nature, from her came the witches and the other magical creatures that are intertwined with nature. From my youngest sister came the seers. She is quite the scamp as you know. And as for me, well let's just say my children are the most unruly bunch. Goblins can be like that."

I nodded my head. I had guessed who Darken was from reading the story in my Uncle's book. The five creators of the magical race. Darken, Lillith, Natura, Gerrenia, and Humous. from each came the different secs of magical creatures. Humous was the one who bore the humans, those without powers. And from them they took his name as well as his appearance. After he bore then though he saw how disastrous his children were without guidance. So he shed his immortality and joined his children. At least that's how the story goes.

Looking over at Darken I found it hard to imagine what he was like before he was sealed away. He caught my gaze and shrugged as if he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"Brother we can not allow you to roam the Earth once again. Once before you lost control of you power and death spread across the land. I will not allow this to happen again." Natura said a staff made from what looked like vines and tree branches appeared in her hands.

"Neither can I." Lillith summoned glowing orbs that shone with a steady light.

"Return before we must make you." Gerrenia's weapon shifted constantly so I couldn't tell exactly what it was.

"As if you could. Without our dear brother to aid you there is no chance for you to seal me away. I have grown while you have weakened. Even together there is no chance for you to survive." I was not surprised to see that Darken held a sword. I doubted he realized it was leaking magic all over.

They faced off, forgetting about me, Darken against his three sisters. I would have settled down somewhere to watch the fight if I hadn't known what could happen if either side lost.

"Idiots the lot of them." A rich voice said with disapproval.

I looked around trying to find the source of the voice. It didn't seem as if the "idiots" even noticed since they had started to fire magic at each other. I was about to say something when the voice started speaking again.

"No they can't hear me. It t'would be easier if they did. I did not realize my brother and sisters would need more guidance then my children. Really they should know better."

Crap.

"Yes I apologize. It's been awhile since I have rested inside a human body. I have missed the feeling. More then that I have missed eating." The voice rumbled with laughter at my anguish.

"Great. So let me get this straight. Not only have I been pestered and cursed by lord Buttfeace, but I've also been followed by his sisters everywhere. And to top it off currently the one who gave us life is resting inside my body. Did I get that all right?" I asked shaking my head at the turns my life had taken.

"This is the most interesting this to happen in five millennia." Humous chuckled.

"Wonderful! I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself!" I said with false humor.

"I apologized didn't I? We cannot directly influence your world but through our children we can interact. Now if you wouldn't mind?"

Shaking my head I walked over and stepped between the two warring groups. They stopped as light began to radiate from my body. Three guesses to why.

"It's been awhile brother and sisters." Humous said his voice leaving my mouth.

On my mind at that moment was:

"I wonder what my therapy bills will be for this?"
♠ ♠ ♠
There only I think three to four more chapters left. Maybe less depending on how I want to end this story. Thanks for everyone who stuck along with me the entire way!