Status: I am free to write again. Got caught up in all my classes!

Cage of Roses

Rose twenty - eight

"HUMOUS!" They all shouted at once nearly blowing out my eardrums.

"Brother is that really you?" Natura asked her eyes disbelieving.

"Yes sister. It is I?" I didn't like the fact that I had no control over my body. It wasn't a good feeling.

"But how? The last we heard you had vanished from the mortal realm." The all gathered around me tears prickling their eyes.

"My body which had become human did die as all things must in this world. However my spirit once free was allowed to wander. I have been watching over my children since then." He replied my body shrugging. Again not a good feeling.

I felt it before he did. The magic that shot out at us, well me to be exact. Humous jumped away as a lighting bolt, which had no business doing there struck the spot where we'd been standing a moment ago. We both turned the sight that met my eyes wasn't a pleasant one. Darken was dripping lightning the very air around him crackling with anger. Before another word was said he launched more lightning at us. Humous just barely dodged away from them. After we dodged the last one we faced Darken, apparently the sight one Humous was used to since all he did was smile.

"You should be careful brother. You wouldn't want to damage this young girl here now would you?" He taunted.

"Then step out of her and fight like a real man! I have waited for so long to get my vengeance on you. If one human life is the price I have to pay then so be it!" He shouted thunder rumbling in the growing clouds.

"I'm afraid I cannot allow you to do that. You signed your own sentence the day you struck down my wife!" Humous shouted power growing around my hands.

Wife? Um was I missing something here?

"A creature that the very light was jealous of. A women that none could compare to. You struck her down! And I shall never forgive you for that!" Suddenly what looked like little suns formed in my hands. A moment later Humous threw them at Darken.

Okay I was really missing something here. Despite the fact that my body (currently being controlled by Humous) was currently locked in a magical battle ( those miniature lightnings hurt!) my mind ticked away. Okay so the story didn't include the part where Humous had a wife or that Darken had killed her. All it said was that the two brothers had a dispute and with the aid of their sisters Humous sealed away Darken. Apparently whoever wrote the book didn't know the whole story. That and the fact he called them gods when they weren't.

"I'll kill you!" Darken shouted before he lost his balance and fell.

"No brother I will seal you once again. There is no place for you in this world. And there never was." Even to me Humous's voice sounded cold.

"Will you two stop this already?!" A shout broke through the air extinguishing the globe Humous had formed in my hands.

We all turned and saw Lilith come forward her eyes blazing. Except now she was a full grown women. Talk about your change. Then Humous stepped away from Darken his eyes never leaving Lilith.

"Sili?" He asked confusion entering his mind.

Sili? What kind of name was that?

"Yes now shut up! I swear! You of all people should know what happens when you lose your temper! The last time resulted in the start of global warming!" Okay this was not the same person I had met before.

"What are you doing here? I thought your soul was lost." I felt a strange pull and a moment later a glowing figure was standing next to me and I had my body back.

"You idiot! Like every other NORMAL human my soul entered the afterlife. the reason you couldn't find me is because after you sealed away Darken you powers were no longer connected to the afterlife. Moron!" A moment later A woman veiled in white stepped away from Lilith who looked staggered.

"I should have known."

"Humous I didn't die because of Darken. He saved me." She placed a hand on his arm stopping him from leaving. Good thing too because he looked like he was about to kill Darken.

"What do you mean?"

Umm excuse me?" I held up my hand and everyone turned towards me. I was a little tired but I wanted this to be done with already.

"Sorry to interrupt the drama moment but can you guys decide what is going to happen already. My family needs to get released from a spell and so do I." I said feeling ready to fall over at any moment.

They all stared at me then the lady started to laugh. I waited feeling even more light headed then before when she walked over and placed a glowing hand on my cheek. I instantly felt a little better.

"Dear you are an amusing girl. Darken finish you obligations. As for the rest of you we shall sort this out elsewhere. If you haven't noticed you have remained in this world fro too long." Her voice I realized now was like silk. No wonder Humous had fallen for her.

"You always were the sensible one Sili." Humous said walking over to her.

A flash of light later and they were all gone. Except Darken who was watching me as if I might collapse. i did but only after he'd stopped laughing.

"Come Maliina. Before my brother decides to come back." He held out his hand and lifted me off the ground when I took it.

"Better relish your freedom now. Seems like you won't get another break for awhile." I muttered as he half carried me away. No more volunteering for great beings to take over my body. No siree.

"Then I shall do just that." he smiled in an obviously better mood.

All I wanted to do was go home, see my parents, see my friends, then sleep for an entire week. And maybe find out where my raven had been during all of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one is extra long. The next one will be the last thanks for holding up with me for so long.