Status: updates on tuesdays and thursdays, authors' schedules permitting

Timer

The moon won't judge me just because I can't be saved and I'm a lost cause.

Zack’s POV

Tick, Tick, Tick. Time is a consistent and consistent is something I live for. Without consistency in the world we'd be in madness; people who live on impulse will get themselves killed. Everyday is the same, everyday is planned and everyday is safe. I look down at my scarred wrist and see that I have six days, five hours, twenty three minutes and sixteen seconds left until me and my "soul mate" (bullshit) meet. It was actually 6 days until the 5th anniversary of ... the event that changed it all. My therapist says I should talk about it more but I just can't, the words get stuck in my throat and my eyes begin to sting. They don't sting as bad as the cuts but still, an unwanted reminder of days gone by. This shit world obviously thought it would be best for me to be saved on the day I can't help but push everybody away. My clothes are planned and my words rehearsed yet I can't help but shake; what if the TiMER isn't right? What if I hurt him or her like I've done to all my friends I've ever had? I am alone is world, it's always been that way. I suppose I'm just scared. Believing is hard. I've seen things, remember?

I walk over to my iPod connected to the surround sound and press play, My Chemical Romance’s I’m Not Okay quickly filling the large sterile apartment as I wander over to the wall of glass, staring out at the never sleeping city and of course the moon; I find a strange comfort in it. The moon is so cold and unforgiving, never having to explain anything to anybody, it just exists. I had a moon painted on the ceiling of my bedroom when I was a little kid; I’d spend hours staring at the spinning spirals and memorizing the flecks of gold and silver that calmed me so much. My mum would come in and sing me to sleep, I remember it all so well.

With the shine in my eye, I sigh and turn off the music. Don’t overthink, I remind myself; walking to the organized bedroom and collapsing onto the bed. 'I miss you, I miss you so so so badly I can’t even put into words how hard it is not having you here helping me' I whisper to myself before silently sobbing myself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short :P Yeah I find it really hard to write opening chapters to co-write fics but I gave it a shot.
My Tumblr: mychemgaydivision.tumblr.com