Status: updates on tuesdays and thursdays, authors' schedules permitting

Timer

Matched.

Just as I was coming out of the restaurant, I bumped into a boy who looked very confused and not very happy to be outside. As soon as he looked up at me, our timers began to go off. I had never actually seen soulmates meet before, so I had always had to sort of imagine the sound that they would make. They started off humming, mine higher than his, then began to pluck out notes. Each of our timers seemed to be playing different songs, which intertwined to make a pleasant cacophony, if that even exists.

The entire time our timers went off, which might have been thirty seconds and might have been five minutes, we couldn't stop staring at each other. Maybe we were afraid that if we looked away, it would break the spell and this would stop being real, and our timers would reset to how they were the day we got them. The song finished on a note that seemed to hang in the air of the empty street.

I bit down on my lower lip before smiling and extending my hand - jesus, Jack, that's not how you greet your soulmate. "I'm Jack, nice to meet you."

The boy in front of me was tall, but not taller than me. I was definitely skinnier than he was, and I didn't have as many tattoos. But the thing I noticed most about him was how scared he looked, almost disgusted. I tried not to take it personally, but I find it's rather difficult when your match doesn't really turn out as planned to not take it personally.

You know, this whole soulmate thing is kind of anti-climatic.
♠ ♠ ♠
hello friends it is i. we're going to try and give you two updates a week, a tuesday one and a thursday one. that is all i have to say, except my tumblr and mychemgaydivision's tumblr can be used if you want to talk to us another way. please comment, i'll hand out giraffe beanie babies to everyone.