Resurrect the Sun

I will take this burden on

The walk to my hide-out was mainly done in silence. Andy tried to make some small talk, but I wasn’t having. I was packing up most of my clothing and leaving the place I called him for three years.

We walk up to my fortress and both Andy and Jake look impressed. “Wow this place looks incredible.” Jake notes as we climb the stairs, “you live here on your own?”

“For the most part, yes.” I reply as I unlock everything and head inside. “This is also used as a half-way house for people that are traveling through the city.” I explain as I lock everything up. “My father is responsible for everything; it was from his mind.”

“What happened to him?” Andy asks, “he wasn’t turned was he?”

“He was killed by the demons the vampires keep as pets.” I reply, “he died a year after everything happened. I’ve been on my own since.”

“I’m very impressed you survived this long.” Andy states, “I know people that are a lot stronger that have succumbed to the tempation of eternal life.”

“I’m young, I don’t want to stay young forever,” I explain, “I was 19 when this started, I’m 22 now and I want to be able to age and grow old. I’ve got no one. Eternal youth is nothing without someone to share that with.”

An awkward silence falls between us. The guys don’t know what to say to what I just told them, “I’m going to go get changed and pack.” I say breaking the silence, “I shouldn’t be too long.” With that I walk into my room and begin to change and pack…

Jake

“You know Ashley is going to be all over her, right?” I ask Andy as we wait for Anna to change and pack up her clothing.

“I’m sure she can handle him,” he smiles, “she did hand Dante nicely in the store.” I just nod, earning a look from Andy. “You’re already protective of her, why?”

“I feel bad, she watched her family die and has been alone for most of this.” I explain, “I know we had nothing to do with any of the hard times but no one should have to go through all of this alone.”

“Sooner or later, no one is gonna have to go through this.” He reminds me, “we’re going to kick them out of our city. City of Angels will be back to it’s former glory.”

“We need an army for that.” I remind him, “right now all we have are the guys and Anna.”

“She mentioned this place is treated like a half-way house, right?” He asks.

“Yea, but what does that have to do with anything?”

“She probably knows a lot of people; people that could possibly help us.” He explains, “she may even know people that managed to escape this place and took refugee in another city.”

“You’re saying, she’s our key to an army?”

“We help her, she helps us; it’s a win-win situation.’ I bite my lower lip and nod; he’s right. She could be a lot of use for us.

“Ok I think I’m ready.” Anna says as she walks out of her room, completely changed and carrying a few bags of what I’m assuming are clothing. I take a good look at her. She’s dressed normal, she has no make-up on and her hair is tied up in a messy blonde bun. She seems like your normal, everyday girl. But she’s our saviour, she’s going to be the key to our survival. She just doesn’t know it yet…
♠ ♠ ♠
Anna

chapter title credit: Saviour by Black Veil Brides.

comment&subscribe?

Also you the lovely reader get to pick who Anna should end up with. I'm going to give each guy a moment with Anna, and by their interaction you the reader will vote for who you think it's the right fit for Anna. sound cool?