Status: Okay, every single chapter of this story is a complete oneshot. Spur of the moment thing, don't know where it's going! Enjoy, leave comments if you like :) Flames are for toasting marshmallows.

Nevermore

Bifrost Opens.....

Loki stood on the balcony, eyes closed. The wind gently caressed his face, a cool breeze to mediate the blazing sunset. Evening in Asgard was always beautiful, the sky lit up in a soft, golden haze as the last rays of day vanished below the horizon.
To Loki, however, the world was colourless.
Tomorrow, Thor would be crowned king. Tomorrow, he would become the forgotten prince, the broken remnant of what could have been had fate and Odin been kinder. No chance, no chance for Loki now. No reason to remain here, but nowhere else to go.
Slowly, he opened his eyes, breathing out with a sigh. The edges of the sky were dyed purple, the stars beginning to emerge. In the distance, he could see the lone figure of Heindell, standing, ever vigilant, guarding the Bifrost. Vaguely, Loki wondered if he could go, travel to Midgard, or Jotenheim...anywhere but Asgard. Anywhere but the place where he would never be anything but the insignificant lesser of a greater legacy.
The whole of Asgard stretched out before him, once possibly to be his, but now....that dream was gone, nevermore to be entertained. He tried to quell his bitter feelings, but nothing could erase the feeling of not being good enough.
Bitterness and jealousy were quickly becoming hatred. Thor would pay. He had made Loki nothing, and he would pay...
Even as these dark designs brewed in his mind, he was jerked back to reality by a sight he had not seen in many a long year – the opening of the Bifrost. Light blazed into the air, reflecting in Loki’s dark eyes as he stepped back and watched in surprise. A column of white shot into the air, thunder echoed and then, silence.
From this distance, he could just about make out that Heindell was no longer alone. A master of magic, his keen eyes could just distinguish one other figure standing beside him, almost definitely female.
“Loki!”
Loki stopped and rolled his eyes. Plastering a look of respect on his face, he turned to face Thor. His older brother looked as if he had been running to find him.
“The Bifrost has been activated!” he panted.
Loki looked at him, hiding his contempt. Thank you, Captain Obvious.
“Yes?” he replied politely.
“Father has summoned us,” Thor told him, leaning against a column. “He wishes us to accompany him and a small force to the Bifrost, to face this unknown arrival. Brother, this is mysterious indeed....who could have activated the Bifrost, if not Heindell at Odin’s bidding?”
Loki shrugged. “Well, Thor,” he said, “We had better go find out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So there you have it....the beginnings of a story I'm writing for the fun of it, nothing special! Don't know when I'll next update, will try to do so sooner rather than later. Loki's army unite!