Status: Hey :) First story (on Mibba)! I thought I'd make it a fanfiction :3

Triangles

Someone Like Me

School finally finished and we’re all finally free. I won't have to sit in anymore cold law classes or boring science lessons. I can spend my time with Sean and Gavin in the park, soaking up the sun and having loads of fun. We've already planned a shopping trip to Cardiff for next week. Gavin’s going to take me down on the train and we'll stay for two nights and maybe see a movie. I’m really looking forward to it.

I don't known how much time I'll get to spend with Sean. For the first time in my life I’m worried about loosing someone, and it’s because of Gavin. I don't want him to feel like Gavin is all I need in my life. After all, I don't want to be around people. My personal pact has changed from being 'no people' to 'Sean and Gavin only'.

It‘s the night before Gavin and I go away. I’m really excited. I've never been away before! I packed on the very last day of term, bursting with energy. I just want to get away from Merthyr and have a taste of the city. I went to Cardiff once, to be diagnosed with some weird fucking mental illness.

I’m helping Gavin make dinner in the kitchen. I say 'make', I mean heat up a Chinese selection box thing that we discovered hidden in Tesco and put Doritos in bowls. Jan’s away on a business trip and won't be back until Friday. We’re going to stay up all night watching movies. We asked Sean if he wanted to come round, but he declined. Gavin invited some of his friends round instead.

I don't want to be around them. If they’re anything like Gav, I'll feel so violated and unsafe. I like him and all, but he's flirty and makes damn well sure you know so. I’m probably not wearing the right sort of clothing for a night like tonight. I’m wearing quite short shorts and a white, almost see-through, sleeveless blouse. I’m pretty much doomed. Maybe I should go change into my onsie later. I’m not ready to talk to people - I've only just started making friends!

"Do you want to go choose a movie?" Gavin asked, checking the timer on his phone. "I'm going to meet Rhys by Spar" he grabbed his jacket and slipped on his Vans. "I'll leave my phone here. The timer will go off when it's ready, if I'm not back" He seems to think I’m stupid. He left the house, smiling at me slightly. I do feel quite odd, being home alone. Anyone could be in the house!

I went into the front room, Gav's phone in my top pocket. There's a huge cabinet full of movies, from horrors to children's. The Butler's don't strike me as a family who watch many horrors. They seem a very civil family. I smile and open the cabinet, already knowing what I want to watch.

Gavin’s been gone for some time, but when he came back he had someone with him and the Chinese was just about ready. I've never cooked or prepared anything before; I don't have much clue as to what happens next. The Chinese platter we found in Tesco is pretty huge, and was supposed to be big enough for three people. We decided we'd get two and share it with a bunch of people. I’m not too keen on this idea, but Gavin said so. I can't argue with him at all.

"Oh, isn't Sean here?" the boy he was with asked. He’s quite small, smaller than me. He’s about as thin as me too. His face is very feminine and soft, like a baby's. He has pale blue eyes and a little stubby nose. His hair’s quite curly and almost grey in colour. Black jeans cling to his legs and a black leather jacket hangs from his skinny build, strange for the summer months. "Oh" he adds simply, catching sight of me. I'm hard to miss - I've got blue hair for god's sake!!

"Echo Moon, nice to meet you" I say sarcastically, coldly. I glare at him, telling him mentally to keep his distance. He backed away, seeming to get the hint. Gavin smiled at me, but his eyes tell a different story. He isn't pleased with my cold attitude. That's his problem, right now I don't care how he wants me to behave around his friends. I don't trust them at all.

"Rhys Davies" he states politely. An awkward silence filled the room, everyone just looking back and forth between each other. The doorbell rang, making me jump. Gavin ran to get it, and seconds later the sound of laughter fills the room as what sounds like a group of people came in. There are way too many people here, and I haven't even seen them all!

Gavin came back into the kitchen, a string of people following him. I swallow. One looks skinny and scrawny like Rhys, but two look tough like Gavin. I instantly feel afraid and threatened, even though they are all smiling brightly. Their presence takes up all the space in the room. I’m suffocating on nothing but fear.

"Guys, this is Echo. The most beautiful person in my life" Gavin states. I feel his arm slip around my waist again. I swallow and look up at him, looking for some signs of comfort. He looks down and smiles at me, some comfort radiating from him. "Echo, this is Matthew, Snoz and Bob" he introduces me to everyone, from left to right.

Only Matthew looks like he shows some understanding of someone like me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried to write something a little longer this time :3 Please comment!!

* Recently Edited - English UK*