Status: Hey :) First story (on Mibba)! I thought I'd make it a fanfiction :3

Triangles

She Tried to Play a Player

Sean's Point of View

I can't believe him. I don't know why I still hang out with him; I guess he's all I have. He's a bastard and a half, he really is. I can't think of anyone more disrespectful, more childish, more downright pathetic than Mr Gavin Butler. He's been an asshole to Echo since day 1. I tried to help her - but she was blind to it. To her, Gavin was an angel. It's such a pity that only now does she see him for what he really is.

Echo isn't Gavin's first victim. In fact, she's far from it. He likes girls, but they don't like him. Girls want more than good looks. They want a loving personality and someone who respects them. When Gavin doesn't get his way, he turns nasty. Extremely nasty. He's hard to fight. He may be a little red faced midget but he's tough. There's no talking him out of it. Once he has his mind set on fucking a girl that's it. They don't stand a chance.

Echo looks as beautiful as ever, sat across from me in Law. She hasn't spoken to anyone and it's all his fault. This is supposed to be our last year! It's supposed to be fun and joyful, but she won't talk to a soul. She's turned into some recluse, she doesn't want to know anyone.

I miss her. I never thought it'd be possible to be so close to someone physically, yet so far from them emotionally. I miss seeing her smile and listening to her laugh. Echo was the bomb in my life, she destroyed everything. I found I couldn't live without hearing her voice or admiring the way her blue hair fell. She became my everything, she had me at hello. And now? I don't know what she is anymore. She isn't Echo, I can say that. She doesn't smile or laugh anymore. Her blue hair is always a mess these days. Her eyes don't shine so brightly as they did before, it's like the fire has gone out inside her. I miss that little smirk she always had whenever she looked across at me. If I ever get the chance to turn back time, I'd make sure I stop Gavin from even looking at her. I'd go up to her and talk to her confidently and make sure she's mine. I miss her more than I can explain. I'd do anything just to see her perfect smile again.

The bell rings and she slumps out the classroom without looking at anyone. Gavin tries to intercept her in the hall, but she brushes past him without saying a thing. He sighs and watches her walk away. I leave the room quickly, grabbing hold of his arm. I'm furious with him, but he's still my best friend.

"Why did I have to fuck up so bad?" he whined. "We could've had it all"

"Let's face it, your sole aim from day 1 was to shag her. It was never going to last" I say, hoping he'd realise how much of a fail he is.

"But that changed. I like her like you do" he insisted.

"Gavin, you wanting to be in a relationship with a girl is like other people wanting to sneeze. She was never anything special to you, was she? Just a girl. You don't understand her, she isn't normal. She doesn't even believe in love, Gavin! She used you to find out what love was and you played her" I rant, getting worked up.

Gavin thought for a moment. "So she tried to play a player who only played her in the end?" he asks. I nod. "Oh...so I was nothing to her?" He looks up, eyes a little glassy.

"I'm not saying that, you probably meant a great deal to her. It's just, dude...Echo can't be in relationships and function normally as a human being. There's something wrong inside her head that just doesn't allow any of that shit to work properly. She used to to jump start that system and you let her down. You could've been everything to you and you could've been everything to her. Gav you destroyed her!" I rant again. Every word reminded me that Echo will never be with me, it's just an impossible idea. I want her though, I need her.

"Okay I'm sorry! I guess can't change! Can you try and get a few words out of her? Just tell her I'm sorry, I've tried so many times but she won't listen! Sean, please just be there for her when she won't accept my help. She needs someone, and you're her best friend, aren't you?" he pleads. I sigh. There's no point in arguing, he always gets his way eventually. I don't want to sort Gavin's fucked up love life again and all I really want is for Echo to be mine.

"I have next lesson with her, I'll talk to her then" I sigh, wondering off towards my Welsh class. The teacher isn't here today, so I won't get told off for being late. Gavin's a set higher in Welsh than I am. I walk into class while the supply teacher shouts at someone and sit next to Echo. She doesn't even look up.

"'Iya..." I mumble nervously, unsure of what to say. Where to begin?! Nothing I say will convince her Gavin is sorry, really. I don't blame her. She didn't deserve any of that. "Gavin says he's sorry about what he did to you" Oh yeah, nice one Sean.

She doesn't respond and merely stares helplessly at her hands. She's too pale for the end of summer. I remember the day it rained, and I showed her the one bit of privacy I have. No one knows that the tree house is my sanctuary, only her. I trust her enough to let her into that part of my life. I don't have anyone anymore, not since Dad died. Jay's changed - he's 13 but acts like he's 20. He gets drunk and he smokes and he's been arrested twice. Ask him about me and he'll deny I even exist. He makes fun of me to his mates and he's had way more girlfriends than I have. He's not even a virgin for Heaven's sake! I want my little brother back more than I want Dad back. I'm glad Echo knows that side to me, because I know the dark side to her family. We both have our problems, we're more alike than she realises.

"Come with me after school, we should hang out" I say softly. She looks up, her expression blank. The blue eyes that used to hold so much life and emotion have gone cold and glassy like a doll's. I want to take her in my arms and just hug her to make it all better, but it'd just make things worse. She looks as though she'll burst into tears at any moment. Just this lesson until we can go to the place nobody knows.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me a while to update this. A little note about my other fan fiction: If Ian Watkins gets convicted of rape and all the other awful shit I'm taking it down. I still have faith him and I will support him until we know whether he's guilty or not.