Status: Hey :) First story (on Mibba)! I thought I'd make it a fanfiction :3

Triangles

The Storm

Echo's point of view

I follow Sean like I don't have a choice. I don't want to, but I feel I have to. I've pushed everyone away, but not him. I don't want to lose him. It's safe to say Sean is my first ever friend. All my life I've had no one. No one has ever cared and then suddenly he waltzes in and it's all okay. He introduced me to Gavin, who introduced me to friends before killing everything I know.

I hate everything about myself now. I still feel unclean and sick every time I think about it. I don't like to, but I can't help it. It just crosses my mind every time I see him. Everything about myself annoys me. I don't talk to anyone, I haven't heard my own voice in weeks. I have to talk to my doctor though, I promised. I like being silent. It gives me time to think. Everyone else thinks I'm even weirder. I get pushed around and hit a lot more. People try and force me to talk, they hurt me into talking. My voice disgusts me so much that no amount of beatings and cruel tauntings can make me speak.

Sean leads me through the woods by the football pitch. I know where we're going. We're going to the tree house again. That place means so much to him. It's the one place he can be safe and relax. He feels closer to his father there. His father died so he could have that place. He looks back over his shoulder and smiles weakly, seeing I'm still following behind like a lost puppy.

"I'm glad you came, Echo. I don't like coming here alone. I always feel like someone's watching me" he says as we reach the bottom of the ladder. We climb up to the top and slip inside. It hasn't changed one bit. The empty ghost feeling still hangs around in the air.It's still as clean and as fresh as ever. The crayons and toys still lay littered across the floor, just like someone had dropped them and left. It hurt to see this place so abandoned. Sean's whole childhood just lies in front of him in shattered pieces that can never be replaced. It's a lot colder today, the sun's hiding behind a layer of thick storm clouds. "We probably shouldn't be here cause of the weather, actually. The news promised thunderstorms". We settle down on the bean bags in solemn silence. I don't want to be here. I don't know why I'm here.

"Gavin wanted me to tell you that he's sorry. But I'm going to tell you the truth" he begins with a deep breath. I look up sadly. I don't want to hear a thing about Gavin.

"He's like one of those automated robots, you know? The type that do the same thing over and over again without second thought. You're not the first to be attacked by Gavin. He's hurt girls like this before and he says the same thing every time. Well he doesn't, I have to do it for him" he explains. "Really, he's just a slut who thinks the world of himself. He's just a short assed midget with no self esteem. Don't let him bring you down sweetheart. You know you're worth more than he is"

The silence comes back. So Gavin isn't sorry. I was just another fuck-buddy to him. For a while, I thought I meant something to him. I thought maybe something good could work but really I was nothing. Just someone he could screw as soon as he had me under his wing. Alright, I did only use him so that maybe I could work out what love feels like but that wasn't a bad thing. We could've been something had he not of played me right into his trap. I guess not all feelings were mutual after all. Sean chuckles to himself and looks up at me. His blond hair is a mess, pushed back off his face. His usually happy eyes seem to be full of stress and fatigue like he hasn't slept in a year. He laughs again.

"It's funny, I was kinda hoping you'd talk but I guess the damage has been done" he laughs with a smile. Damn right it has. He gets up and rummages around in a box in the corner. He pulls out a whiteboard and a sharpie. "Tell me how you feel" he says, handing me the board.

"Fucking great" I write sarcastically. He laughs heartily.

"It's okay, Echo. I'm here for you, even if he isn't" he replies. I smile slightly. Sean will always be here for me. He's the only person who cares now whether I'm okay. He'll look after me through thick and thin, right until I'm ready to leave for the North. I shuffle slightly closer to him and let him embrace me. Just like the first time we came here. I place my head on his smooth collarbone and link my arms around his waist. He's still as skinny was always.

A bright white flash shines through the windows and a clap of thunder rocks the earth. I don't like storms. They make me feel like the world is caving in on itself. I hold Sean tighter and wrap my arms around his waist.

"Darlin', you'll be okay" he says softly and holds me closer. His skin feels so smooth and is so warm to touch. I don't want to ever let him go. I lie crying in his arms, just wishing for everything to end. If the sky were to open up, there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be me and my memories. If this world were to end, there would only be me and Sean and no one else.

We wait for the thunder storm to pass in silence. He wipes away my tears and smiles warmly. "Come on, let's get you home" he says soothingly. I don't want to go home. I'd rather stay with him. I grab the board again.

"Don't make me go back there" I scribble quickly. He frowns.

"Well come with me. It is Friday, after all. You can stay with me for the weekend. Nobody at home will mind" he says, pulling me to my feet. We leave the place and scrabble down the ladder. The wind has grown stronger and rain falls heavily from the sky. The sky had grown dark and the cold air gushed in from the sea. Sean unzipped his hoddie and handed it to me. "Here, take it. You'll catch your death" I take it gratefully and pull it onto my shoulders, zipping it right the way up. I'm sure there's room for two in here. I look over thankfully at him. We walk in silence, the only sounds to be heard are the snapping of twigs beneath our feet and the wind howling in the trees. The woods grow darker, a sinister atmosphere falling over us. I slip my hand into his in fear.

"It's okay. Look, there's the pitch, nearly home" he says reassuringly. He's right, and five minutes later we're back at his place. His house is similar to Gavin's, though a lot smaller. There isn't a nice fancy drive or beautiful red bricks. It's just a plain concrete building. Inside isn't as well kept either. It feels more homely this way. It doesn't feel like a hotel or a house up for sale. I slip off my shoes and Sean's wet hoodie. He leads me through into a kitchen, where a rather round lady with white hair and pink glasses sat. She wears bright red lipstick and her nails were done perfectly. She smiles warmly and welcomes us in.

"You two must be freezing! Come in, sit down and I'll make you both a coffee" she says warmly, ushering us into the room. We sit down at the table shivering. I'm still clinging onto Sean's hand for dear life.

"Mam" Sean begins. So she must be Sean's mother. They have the same hair colour, mind. "Can Echo stay this weekend? She's had a hard time at home" he explains. I smile at him.

"Ahh so you're the Echo I keep hearing so much about! Honestly, my boys go on about you for hours!" she laughs heartily. Sean blushes and glares at her. "Of course you can stay!" she's just as friendly and inviting as I imagined her to be. Sean gets his glow from her and his appearance from his father I guess. He may be a little less fortunate than Gavin but he's obviously a lot happier. He gets more respect and he's been taught how to treat people. Jan really doesn't care for Gavin. He's on his own most of the time and there's no talk about his father. Sean's mother dotes over him, it's clear to see.

She made us our coffees and we go upstairs to his room. It's covered in band posters and photos of family memories. His bed's huge, covered in pillows and blankets of many colours. It looks so comfy! We settle down on the pile of pillows at the head of his bed with our steaming mugs.

"I promise you one day everything's going to be alright. Just you wait and see" he sighs, resting his head on top of mine. I sure do hope so.
♠ ♠ ♠
"If the sky were to open up, there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories. If this world were to end, there would only be you and him and no one else" - Dr Lilian Thurman, Donnie Darko.