Status: Hey :) First story (on Mibba)! I thought I'd make it a fanfiction :3

Triangles

Told You So

I don't dare tell anyone about my moment with Gavin. Not even Sean, who I now trust. He doesn't seem too happy about me hanging out with Gavin anyway. He keeps dropping little hints, like 'you watch him, he's not the nicest'. I thought they were best friends!

Gavin seems to think that just because I opened up to him and kissed him that it gives him the right to touch me when he wants. We'll be walking to school, just talking about the day ahead when his arm will randomly curl around my waist. I've told him thousands of time I hate people - he's retaliated thousands of times with 'I can change that'. He can't. No one can ever change me.

"He likes you, Gavin does" Sean said randomly one day in Law class. I look over at him and laughed. He looks up and smiles, eyes twinkling like stars.

"He doesn't, he's just too flirty for his own good" I reply.

"Echo I'm being serious. I know Butler better than his own mother, he's no good boy. He's not as innocent as he looks. If he's flirting with you it's because he wants you. He'll do anything to get you, Echo. He doesn't care if he hurts you. When he's done with you, he'll just leave you thinking he loved you, wondering why you ever fell for him" he said seriously, his gentle face becoming serious.

"Sean, it's nothing. I won't let him hurt me. Besides, I can't possibly love him" I explain. I know I’m perfectly right. Sean sighs and rubs his eyes.

"Whatever you say. But he's right, y'know. You can love, you just refuse to" he said matter-of-factly. I scowl at him and go back to my work. I hate it when people go against what I know to be right. One of the reasons why I cannot ever feel love, because people are constantly arguing.

The final bell rsng and the sound of chairs scraping along the floor echoed around the dungeon classroom before the teacher had time to complain. I packed my things away and look at Sean. He smiled in his usual bright way. I smile back. His smile radiates warmth to me. It’s bloody infectious!

"I'm going to Gav's tonight" he stats. I haven't told him about moving in with Gavin either. I kick myself mentally and try to act normal and calm. "You walk home with him now, don't you?" He asks, looking a little offended that I've left him for his best friend.

"Yeah...about that..." I began, as we leave the classroom. Gavin’s waiting outside the door. He grins cheekily and waltzed over, his arm wrapping around my waist like he owns me. I sigh and try to push him off but his grip only tightens. "Sean, this isn't simple. I used to live in that hospital because I have serious mental health issues. That’s why I went there every day. Now, I'm in a foster home, with Gavin..."

Sean stares at us dumbfounded. He looked from me, to Gav, then from Gav to me. I'm not sure what shocked him more - my serious health problems or the fact I’m living with his best friend who he thought would hurt me.

"That's fine!" He says with a laugh, his face breaking into a huge smile. We leave the school building quickly, wondering down the street in the summer sun, Gavin still latched onto me like a leech.

"Don't you dare hurt her" I thought I heard Sean hiss. I glance up at him, but he’s staring at his shoes. Gavin scowled and let go of me.

He was keeping me warm. I hadn't realised until now. He was keeping me safe in his arms. The feeling of desire came back. There’s something about Gavin that I desperately need. He can love and care for me, he won't hurt me. I wrap my arm around Gavin's waist, standing on tip toes to kiss his cheek.

He looks down and smiles, before leaning over to Sean, whispering "Told you so!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this in London at any chance I got. Part of it's been wrote on a Train, on a phone so please forgive mistakes :(

*Recently Edited : English UK*