Status: Let me know what you think.

Forgive Me

Thank You

My charcoal eyes scanned the glorious view of the horizon from the veranda as my hands caressed my only escape. There was only one thing I found more stunning than the setting sun over the twilight landscape. Zechariah.

“Close your eyes,” his soothing voice uttered softly to me. I turned around to face him, to gaze at his composed expression, before complying and letting all my senses go. I soon felt his body pressing up against my own, his hand gently grasping and possessing the only device that would truly set me free.

My heart began to race as his smooth lips trailed along the soft skin of my neck, finally landing on the sweet spot behind my ear. He left the most delicate, spine-tingling kiss before he leaned closer and whispered the three words I had longed to hear; the ones that left me breathless.

“I love you.”

The room fell silent once more, my breathing quickening. I opened my mouth to utter my own words of devotion, but I was cut off.
A deafening shot rang through the peaceful room, my body filling with pain and relief.

“Forgive me.”

My eyes opened and stared intensely into his beautiful blues, a smile lingering on my face.

“Thank you.”

I let go of everything as I fell to my knees; the cold, hard ground being the last thing I felt but not the last thing I would remember.
Zechariah, my beloved, freed me from my misery. And now I can rest without guilt forevermore.

Because one forgives to the degree that one loves.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love to hear your ideas as to what the girl is being forgiven/killed for.

This is just my warped sense of compassion or something.

I had a story planned and for this to be the ending. But I never got round to writing it.

<3