Status: A work in progress :D

Southern Constellations

Nothing, Nothing At All

I awoke with a smile on my face. It wasn't much of a surprise though. The only thing that was a surprise, was the fact that I had actually gotten to wake up on my own. I was always being woken up for some apparent reason.

"Morning," Kellin flashed a brilliant smile, as I walked past him towards my bag.

"Morning," I replied, returning the smile. I hurriedly grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and my favorite tank top, a fitting top with cream colored lace over the white silk fabric. I slipped my Toms on and shoved the clothes into the book bag that had before contained my clothes from the MCR concert.

"Where're you going?" Kellin asked, the protective, brotherly side of his personality becoming dominant.

"A shower. Tinika should be up." I answered, before making a swift move out of the bus door. I had to admit, the day seemed perfect so far. I made sure not to acknowledge the good things though, because it would always backfire.

Without knocking, I made my way into the tour bus. Other than Tinika, the bus was empty. I could hear the quick, defying drips of the shower from the lounge. I sighed softly. Patience was yet another flaw of mine.

"It's Alan. He should be done in a second or two, though." Tinika said, not taking her eyes from her phone's screen, other than a second to glance at my face.

I chuckled quietly. That girl could read me faster than The Enemy series. It was almost disturbing, in a best friend kind of way. I sat next to her and laid my head on her shoulder. A smile formed on my lips as I seen who she was texting.

"You don't go a day without taking to him, do you." I assumed.

The corners of her lips turned up slightly, and a tinge of red flooded her cheeks, as she shook her head. "Cora," I could hear the hesitance in her voice. I wasn't stupid. I could read her faster than the Harry Potter series.

"Go on," I said, a smile still on my face. "Just use protection!" I warned.

She laughed, and hugged me before walking outside, leaving me in silence – something I was familiar, and comfortable with.

I heard the water stop, and I stood up, my book bag still securely on my shoulders. I wanted to hurry, so I could go and talk to Vic.

My hands quickly went over my eyes as Alan walked out of the bathroom, only a towel around his waist.

"Sorry, I thought Tinika had left. I didn't hear you come in." He apologized with a slight chuckle straining his voice, as I made my way into the bathroom. With my hands still over my eyes, I laughed.

"Just get dressed before I'm finished." I said, closing the door behind me. I laid my bag next to the door, and turned the shower on. I quickly showered, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. My mind entirely empty as I did so.

Once I was finished, and my hair was dry, I used the curling iron Tinika had used on my hair. I hated to admit it, but she was right. I looked better with my hair in ringlets. Even if I still looked horrible, I was slightly less difficult to look at when my hair was in ringlet form. I did my makeup the same as everyday, sliver and black, before grabbing my bag and stepping back into the lounge. It was empty, once again. I was assuming that Alan had left. I was grateful for that, it was one less awkward moment I had to endure.

I slipped my Toms back on, and almost had a stroke as a familiar voice called my name.

"Cora?"

I hit Phil on the arm with all of the strength my tiny body would allow me to. "You ass! You nearly scared me to death!" I accused, my chest rising and falling rapidly.

He laughed. "Sorry," the grin was still there, but so was the sincerity.

I shook my head. "It's fine – just don't do it again. I'll put bleach in your food." I threatened, narrowing my eyes.

He laughed again. "No need for that."

I smiled. "Anyways, I should get going."

He nodded. "See you later," he said, as I walked outside.

The sun was pleasant during the October days. Warm enough to wear tank tops, but too cold for swimming. It was my favorite kind of weather. I loved the Halloween feeling everything had as well. It was my favorite holiday, hands down.

I threw my bag into the SWS bus, not caring to see if anyone else was awake yet, or even stepping inside. I basked in the heat radiating from the sun as I made my way to the Pierce The Veil bus. To my surprise, and delight, I saw Vic just a few meters away from where in was currently standing. He was striding towards me, a concerned look on his face. His expression was the only thing keeping me from smiling.

"Coraline, can we talk?" He asked, grabbing both of my hands.

I nodded, instantly getting butterflies in my stomach as he touched me. "Of coarse," I smiled.

"Could we go somewhere else, though?"

I nodded again, but this time, I became really nervous, rather than just love-like-nervousment. I let him drag me behind the buses, and across the close-to-deserted street. We finally stopped walking, as we got into the center of the grass meadow. It was almost like a park, except there wasn't anyone here....

We both sat down, across from one another. I immediately started pulling up grass. I've noticed that it was a small, avoidable habit of mine.

"I'm sorry, about last night," he began, but I cut him off before he could continue.

"No need to be sorry." I smiled generously at him.

He sighed. "Coraline, we can't do this. Your brother's a much too close friend of mine. And I couldn't imagine ever hurting you. I need to steer clear away from any chances of doing that." He avoided my gaze, and stared at my hands.

I forced a smile, and said nothing. This seemed to catch him off guard, so he looked up at me for half a second.

"Vic, stop acting like this. My brother has no control over me. But I understand your perspective. I'd never force you to have feelings for me. That's quite ridiculous." I said, grabbing his hand.

He stared at me, pity in his eyes. I could feel the pain in my chest from my heart breaking. I hated this so much. The feelings changed over one night, both of ours. I felt like crying, but in my head, I repeated the phrase that I had told myself for years and years.

You're strong.

I laughed at myself. Vic stared at me, confused. "What's so funny?" He asked, a smile gradually turning up the corner of his lips.

I looked at him for a long moment, before answering. "Lily Evans and Severus Snape." I laughed again, and chewed my lip.

He chuckled softly. "Harry Potter? At this moment? You might have much more in common with Mike." He smiled.

I sighed, and stood up. "Alright, I get it. Nothing happened between us. It's over with, it's fine." I forced a smile, as I walked away from him.

Nothing between us. Nothing at all.

•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•

I watched Vic carefully, as he performed. He screamed his anger, pain, happiness, and everything in between. I wasn't sure what he was feeling. Obviously not like I did. I was in love with him. He thought of me as only a friend. Isn't the way it always works?

"Cora, you're watching him like your obsessed with him." Austin nudged my arm, and sat next to me on the warm, black pavement. My short legs looked weird compared to his.

I sighed. "I know, I'm such a creep." I covered my face with my hands in embarrassment.

He laughed, as I laid my head on his shoulder. "You're not a creep, you're just in love," he grinned, and chuckled softly.

"You know, I've been really depressing lately. I'm sorry." I sighed again, and he laughed once more.

"I'm not stupid, I get it. You're not depressing, your just not as confident as you should be. Your twenty, Cora. You should be a cocky bitch who's constantly in and out of relationships. You're beautiful and you don't give yourself enough credit." He stared at me, his dark brown orbs piercing through my golden bronze.

I laughed lightly. "I hate you," I joked, hitting his arm playfully.

He laughed, and got up. "Ten minutes." He warned, walking in another direction.

I sighed, and listened intently on the loud music coming from a few yards away from me. I'd hoped Vic didn't notice I was there, watching him. But as soon as I thought it, I swear his eyes connected with mine, only for a fraction of a second.

I was crazy, this tour life, plus 'love' drama. Yep, I'm officially insane. Coraline Maria Quinn needs to be in an asylum.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah! Sorry it's been forever! I really am! More chapters should be coming soon, my exams are finally finished. Anyways, recommend, comment, and subscribe! :D

Thanks to the beautiful commentors;
@ lilverdeja4
@ LipstikLullabies
@ ashlynn202
@ sammiedoo
@ Zirara
@ amy.lucas.xo
@ wowfairy13

Stay Beautiful xxx