Status: A work in progress :D

Southern Constellations

Playing The Game

He kissed me gently, his hands cupping my cheeks. I felt weird doing this. I knew it wasn't right, but if this was the game Vic was playing, I could play too. We weren't in a relationship, so this shouldn't hurt him, right?

I kissed back, and tangled my hands in his hair. I knew this was only temporary, kissing Ben Bruce was pointless. I didn't like him, I liked Vic. And it was pathetic that Vic was the only one I was thinking about when Ben was groping my ass.

He smiled in the kiss, and moved his hands over my hips, causing me to wince.

"Are you alright?" He asked, pulling away from me.

I nodded. "I'm fine." I lied.

He smiled, and crushed his lips to mine again.

•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•

•\•\ Vic's P.O.V /•/•

I made my way towards the food tent, still feeling weird without Coraline next to me. I got in line behind Mike, and we waited to get our food.

The both of us found our normal seats with the rest of the guys and, for the first time in a week, I had seen Coraline. She cutely made her way into the tent, walking past the food tables. She was wearing a fitting, black tank top with a white Asking Alexandria hoodie over it, and worn, black skinny jeans with holes in the knees. She looked the same as usual, yet different. She looked almost hurt....

She made her way towards the Asking Alexandria table, walking by the place she usually sat next to me. I sighed, but shook off the feeling I've had for the past week.

She sat next to Ben, and he kissed her cheek. I couldn't ignore the anger that was become greater and greater by the second. Of all people, she was with Ben? Ben was a good guy, don't get me wrong, but he never had a relationship for long. I couldn't stand to watch her get hurt again. I couldn't stand her being with anyone else.

Ben rubbed her thigh, causing me to stand up abruptly, my hunger vanishing.

"Are you okay?" Mike asked, as all three of them stared at me.

I nodded. "Yeah, I've just remembered something." I lied, walking away from the catering tent; my food untouched.

I fished my phone from my back pocket, and texted Coraline, trying to sound subtle.

I need to talk to you.

I hit send, and sighed before falling into the sofa in the lounge of the Pierce bus. I hated this hopeless, remorseful, empty feeling I got when she was with other guys. It made me feel horrible.

Within seconds, the door opened, closed, and Coraline was right in front of me.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her voice worried.

I sat up, and she sat next to me. She stared at me with worried eyes.

"You're with Ben?" I asked, earning a sigh of annoyance from Coraline.

"More like friends with benefits." She answered, lying her head on my shoulder. I missed this too much....

"Would you do me a favor?" I asked, wrapping my arms around her waist firmly, making sure that she wouldn't leave.

She nodded against my shoulder. "Anything." She mumbled, biting her lip.

"Stay away from him. Don't let him touch you like that anymore, please?" I begged, tears welling up in my eyes. I refused to let them fall though.

She silently cried on my shoulder, and I pulled her close in attempt to comfort her. Thankfully, she stopped crying soon.

"I've got to go." She smiled up at me.

I nodded. "Be careful, okay?"

She smiled, and giggled adorably before walking outside.

I sighed.

Welcome to hell, Vic. It would've been much easier if you just told her how you really felt.

•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•

\•\• Coraline's P.O.V •/•/

For the rest of the day, all I could think about was Vic. I had talked to him for the first time in what felt like forever. It only brought me to realize that I couldn't see anything or anyone more beautiful than Vic. He was flawless, and I was just me. It was no wonder why he doesn't like me.

I sighed, and pulled the blankets over my head. I hated sleeping by myself. No, let me rephrase that; I hated sleeping without Vic.

Our relationship was better than most, if you really look past the many many flaws of it. We could sleep in the same bed without fucking each other; which is better than most 20 year olds can say, his age might've had something to do with it too, though. We could have an entire conversation without saying more than one word. We could keep each others secrets, and trust each other with them. How many relationships could say that?

The thought of talking to Vic this morning made me smile, but I was still confused about why he didn't want me to be around Ben. It wasn't just guys in general, was it?

No, it couldn't be. I was constantly around Sleeping With Sirens, Of Mice & Men, Miss May I, and the rest of Pierce The Veil. It couldn't be just guys in general.

I sighed, and turned over, so my face was in the pillow. I was probably the only one on the entire world who would stay up trying to decipher why something happened, rather than actually sleeping.

My phone buzzed on the floor next to me, causing me to look up. I wriggled out of the tangled mess of blankets around my body, and grabbed my phone. My face lit up like a Christmas tree when I saw Vic's name on the screen.

Are you awake? -Vic

I quickly texted back, the smile never vanishing from my face.

Yeah...why? -Cora

I was now sitting on the floor, my legs crossed over one another. While I was waiting for a reply, I scrolled through our previous conversations. That always made me smile like an idiot.

Can I stay with you? -Vic

Of coarse(: -Cora

I walked into the lounge, and waited for Vic. He was so perfect, and it was almost painful. Within seconds of meeting him, I don't understand how you couldn't fall in love with him. And the fact that I had known him for about a year and a half, I was even more fascinated with him than ever before. I fancied him more and more because of everything he did. Even his flaws and mistakes made him perfection,

The door to the bus opened and closed before Vic appeared. I smiled widely, but bit my lip to try and hide it. I stood up, and laced my hand with his. I pulled him towards the bunk area, and we both climbed in.

He wrapped his arms firmly around my waist, and I snuggled into his chest. With our legs entwined, he pulled the blankets over our bodies. I grabbed the navy blue blanket from the side of the bunk, and laid it over myself.

Within minutes, I had drifted off into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Unexpected turn in this chapter, so comment and tell me what you thought!
Thanks for reading. It means the entire world to me, really.

Stay Beautiful xxx