Status: A work in progress :D

Southern Constellations

I Trust You

"I swear to fukcing Satan Justin! Give it back!" I yelled, standing on my tip toes, and reaching for my Canon Camera.

Justin laughed at this, and held the camera out of my reach. "You swear to Satan? Cora! What a bad girl!" He teased.

"Shut up." I sneered, jumping as high as I could, still attempting to reach my prized possession.

"I have a shoot to do in ten minutes." I stated, letting my arms fall to my sides, finally giving up.

"A shoot? Who?" Justin asked, the camera still held high above his head.

"If you don't give me my camera back, I'll shoot you." I said, glaring meanicingly at him.

Justin sighed. "Fine. Next time, be nice. Don't throw water bottles at me on stage, okay?" He said, handing the camera to me.

"No promises!" I yelled, sprinting outside, and towards the Pierce The Veil bus.

I placed the camera around my neck, and continued running. My breathing became rugged, and the stitch in my side began to ache. I wasn't the skinniest girl. I was average weight, but still as short as I was when I was fourteen. My height was definitely a problem on tour.

I passed a few people I recognized. Including Jefree Star (who was with Jayy Von Monroe), Jack Barakat, and Alan Ashby. I was good friends with all of them, but was in too much of a rush to stop and talk. By the time I reached the Pierce The Veil tour bus, I was breathing much more heavily. I wrenched the door open, and walked in. Jaime was tuning his bass, Vic was doing vocal routines in the bunk area, Mike was tapping his feet nonchalantly, and Tony was putting new strings on his guitar.

They all looked up at me, as my breathing slowed down gradually.

"You're late again!" Vic sang, causing me to giggle.

I nodded. "Justin wouldn't give me my camera. After the show then?" I asked, pulling out my phone to reschedule their photo shoot.

"Signing!" Vic sang back.

I sighed loudly. "God dammit! When am I going to get to do this? We've had to reschedule three times already!" I said, falling onto the sofa next to Jaime.

After a second or two of no sound except Vic's voice slipping into each vocal range, and the quiet strumming of Jaime's bass, my phone vibrated in my back pocket.

Get back to the bus. Now. -Kellin

I sighed. Great. What'd I do now? He probably found some alcohol by my bunk. Expecting that it was mine again.

"I've gotta go." I said, standing up, and walking back outside. The blazing sun shone brightly in my hazel colored eyes. I made a mental note to make a habit of bringing my sunglasses everywhere with me. In the distance, I could see Of Mice & Men doing a performance. I noticed that Tinika was standing at the side of the stage, and I couldn't hold back the smile forming on my lips. She had always had this school-girl crush on Austin.

"Cora! Hey!" A familiar voice called from behind me.

I stopped in my tracks, and looked over my shoulder, to see Ricky Horror of Motionless In White. I smiled brightly, and made my way over to him.

"Hey, Ricky. What's up?" I greeted him the way I greeted everyone.

"Nothing. I just wanted to ask you a quick question." He answered.

I stared at him, questioningly. "Shoot," I said.

"Is it true? Do you really have a crush on me?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck in nervousness.

My mouth formed into a perfect, comical O. "Oh my god. No, Ricky. I don't. Who told you that?" I asked, prepared to murder someone.

"Justin. I was just curious." He answered, laughing awkwardly.

I threw my head back in annoyance. "He's being such a jerk. Anyways, Ricky, I see you as a best-guy-friend. Not a boyfriend." I verified.

He nodded. "Alright, thanks. I just needed to clear up the rumors." He smiled brightly. "I'll see you around." He said, before walking in the direction he previously came from,

I lengthened my strides, as I continued walking to the SWS bus. Once I had finally arrived, I stormed in, and came face to face with Justin.

I pushed him with all my strength, and began yelling. "Jesus christ! I hate you so much! You're never allowed to talk to my friends again!" Justin did nothing but laugh hysterically, creating anger in the pit of my stomach. I loved Justin though. He was like the brother I never wanted.

"Cora! What took you so long?" Kellin asked, walking over to me.

"I talked to Ricky. Justin made everything awkward though. You might not have that problem again, Ricky probably hates me now." I answered, sighing heavily.

He sighed, and grabbed my bracelet covered wrist, dragging me towards the bunks. He motioned to my bunk, which had needles strewn out on it.

"I found these in your bag. Why do you have them?" He asked, trying to sound subtle. I could see the disappointment behind his eyes, though.

I laughed. "Kellin! They're for my bead making!" I smiled at him, and pointed to my bracelets. "What'd you think I was doing with them? Swallowing them whole?" I tried to make a joke out of it.

He sighed. "Alright, I was just worried." He said.

He began walking away, before I stopped him. "More importantly," I said. "Why are you going through my things?"

"I worry about you, okay?" He confessed, before walking back into the lounge to join the rest of the guys.

"Ten minuets!" The tour manager informed them, as they walked off the bus, and followed him to the stage.

I sat in silence for a few moments, before being greeted by Tinika. The smell of her perfume filled my nostrils as she sat next to me on the sofa.

"You alright?" She asked, propping her head upon her elbow, which was being supported by the back of the sofa.

I could feel her eyes on me. "I don't know." I answered. "I'm angry, and annoyed, and overall, I'm tired. It's been two days since I got any sleep. Justin's still trying to get revenge on me for throwing those water bottles."

She chuckled. "Maybe you should get some sleep while they're playing?" She suggested, her voice instantly calming my anger.

I opened my eyes for the first time, and shook my head. I stared into hers, and grinned. "Not until I find out what's going on between you, and the Austin Carlile!" I exclaimed.

She turned scarlet, and grinned. "Nothing...yet." She laughed a bit.

I smiled. "It's so obvious he likes you! Who bought you the roses on your birthday? Who remembered the day that you two met? Who invites you to every signing, and concert? Who's introduced you to fans?" I could have continued on with the list of cute, little, flirty things that Austin had done for her.

She sighed. "I know, but I just don't want to make a fool of myself if he doesn't like me." She confessed, her eyes still attached to mine, and piercing through my exterior.

"Bitch please, he likes you." I smiled cheekily, and she chuckled.

"Get some sleep. I've gotta go-"

"See Austin." I finished the sentence for her, and walked to my bunk.

I heard her laugh, and could practically feel the smile on her face as she walked back outside. As I reached my bunk, I quickly removed the pins and needles upon it, and placed them back inside the plastic container that they belonged in. I pulled the navy blue, star covered, plush blanket over my frail body, and stared at the top of Gabe's bunk. I admired the symbols that I had engraved upon it the previous tour. After a while of this, I slowly fell into a much needed sleep.

•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•

"Cora. Coraline, get up." Kellin shook me awake, a worried expression on his face.

"Kellin?" I grumbled, my voice cracking. "What's wrong?"

He smiled, reassuringly. "Nothing. I just want to talk to you for a second." He verified.

He moved slightly, so I could climb out of my bunk. We walked into the lounge, Kellin right behind me.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, realizing that the bus was completely empty.

"Eating." Kellin answered, his voice expressionless. "Cora, did you do it?" He asked, changing the subject.

I stared at him, bewildered. "Do what?" I asked, curiously.

He sighed. The subject was obviously something he had been avoiding, and had decided to bring it up now. I've figured him out. It's easy, once you memorize his body language.

"Did you sleep with Justin?" He asked, avoiding my gaze.

"You're serious?" I asked, staring at him.

He nodded, and I laughed. "Me? Get with Justin? Are you insane? Is this another joke of his?" I asked, completely confused.

"No, everyone keeps saying it, though." He answered, watching his hands.

"Who's 'everyone'?" I asked, prepared to rip a throat out if needed.

"I don't know. I just heard it during the signing. You're not lying, are you?" His eyes finally connected with mine as he finished the question.

"What? You don't trust me? I said n-!"

"I haven't trusted anything since that day I found out you were hurting yourself." He confessed.

I could feel my heart break in my chest. I felt like I had just swallowed a rock. "Excuse me?" I tried to keep my emotions inside, and appear to be perfectly fine.

"I love You, Cora. But I'm always going to want proof that you're not lying. I'm your brother. I'm supposed to be apprehensive about things like this." He said, his voice gentle in my silence.

"If you don't trust me, why did you bring me on tour?" I asked.

"That's the point." He said. "I brought you on tour, because I didn't want you to become a drug addict, or exposed to anything that you could be addicted to, or get yourself in trouble with."

"Please!" I sneered. "I can take care of myself!" I stated, standing up from my current spot, and grabbing my hoodie from my suitcase.

"Where are you going? It's late, you're not going anywhere!" He stood up as well, I could see the anger hidden behind his eyes.

"I'm going to prove to you that I can take care of myself!" I answered, storming outside, and into the darkness of the night. I quickly pulled the hoodie on, and lengthened my strides.

"Get back here, Coraline!" He called after me.

I turned to face him, but didn't stop walking. I held up both of my hands, and gave him the middle finger. "Fuck you!" I yelled, before turning around, and walking out of the venue, and into whatever city.

•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•

I walked around for a while. The cold was definitely getting to me. My cut off skinny jeans made it worse. I had finally found out that we were in Nevada, which means Warped Tour was almost over. I was trying to find any car rental place, but there were so many buildings, and I hadn't seen any use in any of them.

I walked down the slightly crowded streets, and finally spotted a rental place a few yards away. My body felt suddenly warmer, and even warmer when I had entered. The fluorescent lights made my skin even paler, and my burgundy hoodie looked scarlet.

"Hello! Is there anything I could help you with?" A small, older woman greeted me from behind a desk.

I smiled at her, and nodded. "Yeah. I was looking to possibly rent a car for the night. Do you have any under fifty dollars?" I asked, politely

She smiled back. "We have one. You came just in time." She smiled again. "I'll give it to you for fifty." She said.

I thanked her, before fishing my wallet out of my pocket. I opened it, to see a small paper. Justin's handwriting scribbled across it.

Your lesson's not over yet! Next time, you won't throw water bottles at me!

I groaned, and felt like crying. "I'm sorry. I don't have any money." I said, before walking back outside into the chilled air.

Kellin was right. I couldn't do this on my own. I don't know how I was expected to survive the night. My phone had died hours ago, and I was stuck here. I was wrong. As much as I hated doing so, I knew I had to apologize to Kellin. I've never liked apologizing. It made me feel weak.

"Coraline!" A soothing, familiar voice came from behind me.

I looked up, to see the last person I had expected to see. The top of his long, light colored hair hidden behind a beanie. He approached me, concern written on his face. He seemed tall standing next to me.

"Vic? What're you doing here?" I asked, trying to avoid his amazingly beautiful eyes.

"I came here to get you," he answered.

I was confused. Had he been following me? "What do you mean 'to get me'?" I continued asking questions.

"Kellin said that you needed a second to calm down, and that you probably ended up here. I've been looking for three hours. I knew you didn't need a second to calm down. You just needed to be trusted. I trust you. Now, lets get back." He rushed out his words, causing a small smile to fall upon my lips.

"Alright, but I'm not staying with Kellin. I'll stay here before I talk to him again." I sneered, anger bubbling in my stomach again. But this time, I could feel the slight embarrassment, and remorse as well.

"You can stay with us tonight, lets just get home." He said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. "Are you cold?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I'm fine." I lied.

He began taking off his jacket, but I stopped him. "Vic, I'm fine."

He continued, and placed the jacket around my shoulders. He smiled in accomplishment, as we walked back to the venue.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two comments before I update again!
A special thanks to:
@ Zirara
@ s3lifish-mach1nes
For being the first commenters! And thanks to:
@ lostins0ciety
@ picnic7082
For being the first recommenders!
Stay Beautiful xxx