Status: A work in progress :D

Southern Constellations

We All Have Scars -- They Make Us Who We Are

"What're you doing?" I asked, my voice groggy. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I stumbled into the kitchen. I leaned against the counter to regain my balance.

Vic made his way towards me and snaked his arms around my waist. He gently kissed my forehead, and grinned. "I'm making breakfast." He answered, pulling me against his chest.

I leaned against him, and embraced his body heat. It was then that the smell of the eggs hit me. My stomach grumbled softly, and I giggled. I pecked his lips, and pushed myself up onto the counter. My legs fell carelessly around Vic's. he kissed my neck sweetly, and I giggled again.

He reached above me, and grabbed a plate, before walking over to the stove, turning it off, and dumping the scrambled eggs onto the plate, straight from the pan. We both walked over to the table, and sat down across from each other.

I ate happily, until I was halfway done. I pushed the plate towards him.

"You should eat, too," I suggested, still sleepy.

He shook his head. "I'm fine. I already ate." He stated, pushing the plate back towards me, his face expressionless.

I sighed, but refused to touch the food. I rested my cheek on the cold, wooden table. He continued stared at me, his eyes showing the slightest bit of concern. "What's wrong?" He asked, his back straightening.

"You left me this morning." I mumbled, yawning. I had had a hard time sleeping without him next to me. Without him, I felt like I was alone. He truly made me happy, even when he was silent.

The corners of his mouth turned down slightly, and he stood up. He grabbed the plate, scraped the remains into the garbage, and placed the plate into the dishwasher. Towering above me with my head laid down, Vic reached out to talk my hand. I laced our fingers together, and let him drag me into the living room. We both laid on the sofa, his arm draped over my waist carelessly. He placed his arms under his head, and stared at me. With one hand on his chiseled chest, I ran the back of my hand across his cheek lightly, admiring his perfection.

My eyes flickered towards his wrist, and I sighed. The scars from his teenage years were lighter than the surrounding skin. I sat up, and he imitated me, his beautiful eyes piercing through mine.

"What's wrong?" He asked, grabbing my hands. "Did I do something wrong?"

I shook my head. "No." I answered, staring at our hands. I felt a few tears trickle down my cheek.

Vic held my face, and wiped my tears away with his thumbs. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked, his voice gentle.

I grabbed his wrist, and turned his arm over so his palm was facing up. I stared at his scars, and traced them cautiously before kissing them.

He laughed softly, and took my face in his hands again. "That's why you're crying?" He asked,

I nodded. "I don't ever want you to hurt yourself. Ever. I love you too much." I admitted. "I don't even know how someone as perfect as you could want to hurt themselves." I mumbled the last part under my breath, but he was close enough to hear.

"Actually, I was hoping you could answer that for me." He grabbed the hem of my pajama shorts, and tugged them up, revealing my scars.

I stared at him, bewildered. "How do you know?" I asked, my voice barely audible.

He chuckled, tears now welling in his eyes. "Coraline, how could I not notice? I care about you too much to not notice." He whispered.

I shook my head, avoiding his gaze. "Do you know how irrational that sounds?" I asked.

"What?" He grabbed my face once more, forcing me to look at him.

"You say you love me, but I don't see how that's even possible. I'm so-"

"Stop, please," he cut me off, a single tear falling from his gorgeous eyes. "I love you. Don't question why. You're too perfect to be so insecure. You're to beautiful, too young..." He trailed off, shaking his head. "I could write a novel of reasons why I love you." He kissed me gently, before wiping my tears away.

I sighed, and laid back down. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, and pulled me into his chest. "I love you so much, Coraline," he said.

"I love you too, Vic," I replied.

\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\

"Delete your profile. Do it or I will." Tinika demanded through the phone. Her voice was fierce.

I sighed. "It's nothing." I lied, scrolling through the comments on the picture of Vic and I holding hands on tour.

She's such a hoe

She looks like shit.

Why would Vic go for someone like her? This is photoshopped

That's Kellin's little sister!!

I feel bad for Kellin...

Seriously, shut the fuck up. They're both obviously happy

Kellins related to THAT?!

You're all just jealous because Vic doesn't know about your existence.

Shut the hell up, she's beautiful

"That's nothing? You're lying. I'm not stupid." Tinika stated.

I sighed. "I'm not deleting my profile over something so stupid! I'll just ignore it." I added, logging out, and closing the computer.

Tinika sighed. "Fine, but if it gets too bad I'll deactivate it myself. I know your password, bitch." She laughed.

"Oh yeah? What is it then?" I tested her.

"Vic Fuentes. No spaces, the V and the F are capitalized." She answered.

My face went red, and I was beyond happy that Vic was inside. I had brought my MacBook outside, so I could read the comments without him seeing them. There was a chance that he wouldn't know, and I wasn't giving up on that chance. Tinika had called my cell phone around ten minutes after I had gotten outside, and we had been talking for hours.

"Hey, I've got to go." She said abruptly.

"Go fuck your bitch." I said, laughing.

The call ended, and I laughed. She was the best friend anyone could ask for. Hands down.
♠ ♠ ♠
My chapters are slowly getting shorter...I promise that I'll write a longer one soon. :D
Just stick with the slow-moving story. I'd really really appreciate it!
Comment, recommend, and subscribe!

Thanks to the beautiful commentors;
@ Flood
@ ashlynn202
@ sammiedoo
@ TheSun
@ amy.lucas.xo
@ Zirara

Stay Beautiful xxx