Status: A work in progress :D

Southern Constellations

The Selfish Machine

•\•\ Vic's P.O.V /•/•

"She didn't come with you?" I asked Tinika in disappointment.

She shook her head. "No, she's sleeping. Insomnia will take over her until you guys make up," she stated, walking past me and into the house.

I closed the door, and followed her up the stairs. She had came here to collect Coraline's things for tour. I just wish Coraline had come with her.

"Do you think she'll ever forgive me?" I asked, sitting on the edge of the bed as she bustled around the room.

She sighed. "That's up to you. If your willing to prove that you still love her," she answered.

"What should I do to prove that to her? You know the most about her, and it would be easier if you told me. I just want to be able to talk to her again."

"Look, Vic, she just needs some time to escape. She's not the most emotionally stable person, and I'm sure you've noticed. Just give her time," she said, placing the strap of the duffel bag containing Coraline's clothes on her shoulder. She walked back down the stairs.

I followed her again. "Tell her that I love her," I called as she walked outside.

She stopped, and turned around to face me. "Don't say it; prove it." She got back into the car, and drove away.

\•\• Coraline's P.O.V •/•/

"You're really good, you know," Austin complimented me as I was drawing.

I stopped scribbling on the paper, and glanced up at him from across the island. "Thanks." I gave him a weak smile, before returning to my sketching.

"What's the inspiration behind it?" He asked, resting his chin on his hands, staring at the nearly-covered page contently.

I stopped drawing, and stared at it for a moment. The Corpse Bride and Victor stood together, hand in hand. I knew exactly what it meant. The corpse loved him, but it could never be. And the main character's name just happened to be Victor....

I shrugged. "Nothing, really," I lied, closing the sketchbook shut quickly. I was relived to hear the front door open and close, signaling that Tinika had gotten back.

She rushed into the kitchen, and sat the duffel bag on the floor. "I got everything you asked for," she said, smiling sympathetically.

I smiled back, and thanked her. "I hope you guys don't mind that I came here last night." I bit my lip nervously.

"It's fine, really. I'm just happy that you got here safely," Austin said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders from behind. That's exactly what Kellin would have done.

I sighed, and pulled away from him. Physical contact wasn't exactly pleasant at the moment. I just wanted to be by myself.

"Sorry," he apologized.

I shook my head. "Don't be. It's just a personal space kind of thing." I laughed. "When do we leave?"

"In about half an hour." Tinika answered.

I nodded, and grabbed my bag from the floor. I shoved my sketchbook inside, and hauled it towards the door.

"Could you guys not mention this to Kellin? I don't want him angry with Vic," I asked the two of them. In truth, I hoped that there was still a chance with Vic. But there wouldn't be if Kellin knew that he hurt me.

Tinika nodded instantly, hearing the real reason under my lie.

Austin, on the other hand, was hesitant. "I thought you were angry with him? How are you going to hide that?"

I sighed. "Just don't say anything."

I listened to Selfish Machines on my iPod while waiting for the time to pass. The thirty minutes seemed to drag on for eternity. Once we arrived at the first venue, I was planning on moving my things to stay on the Sleeping With Sirens bus. I would feel like a burden if I was anywhere else.

"Cora, lets go." Tinika tore me from my thoughts. I slipped my Toms on, and followed her outside.

The both of us got on the bus in silence. I didn't turn my iPod off at all. As much as it hurt me, Vic's voice soothed me. It was a confusing feeling. I wanted to ignore his voice; to forget it. But I couldn't. It made me feel better, it numbed the ache.

The things he had said the previous night played through my thoughts like a song on replay.

You've built a fucking wall between reality and denial...

The longer you hold in your frustration, the harder it's going to be when you face something as simple as a pair of scissors...

He was right. I did constantly think about hurting myself. But I would never go back to that. I couldn't. It's too hard to stop, so I couldn't begin. I had too many reasons to be happy to hurt myself. But, under all of the reasons to be happy, there was only one reason to hurt myself. That reason to inflict myself was once my main reason not to. Everything was so confusing. I wasn't sad, but I wasn't happy either.

Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce the selfish machine...
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, guys, I feel really bad for taking forever to update again. I've just been a a little stressed lately. I'm behind on my studies again. What's new? xD
I have another chapter coming too. :D
Thanks for reading! I love you all dearly. <3

Thanks to the beautiful commentors;
@ sammiedoo
@ Zirara
@ blessedbybroken

Stay Beautiful xxx