Status: A work in progress :D

Southern Constellations

After All This Time? Always

I snapped a few photo's of the scenery around me. Being able to take photos in the forest again was something I greatly appreciated. My Cannon camera around my neck, the steady sound of the stream a few feet away made me happy. I breathed in the chilled air, and smiled. The unzipped hoodie I was wearing made the weather perfectly comfortable. I continued walking, the October leaves crunching beneath my feet. The sound of the stream grew louder, and soon I could see it. It was about ankle deep, and constantly running through the bed on the forest floor. I sat down on the leaves, on the side of the water. I ran my slender fingers through the miniature waves, and appreciated the feeling of it on my pale skin.

"Dare me to jump off of this Jersey bridge I bet you never had a Friday night like this Keep it up, keep it up, let's raise our hands I take a look up at the sky and I see Red for the cancer, red for the wealthy Red for the drink that's mixed with suicide Everything red." My phone sang.

I fished it from my back pocket, and smiled when I seen Kellin's name flash across the screen. I hit 'send' and pressed it against my ear.

"What's up Kell'?" I said, yawning a little.

"Get home, I have a surprise for you!" He said, laughing softly.

I knitted my brows together in confusion. "A surprise?" I repeated, becoming curious. I stood up from my current spot, and began walking back towards my back yard.

"Yeah. Just get here." he said. I could tell he was smiling on the other end.

"Alright." I hung up, and shoved the phone back in my pocket. I could see our home from a distance, and once I had emerged from the trees, I began looking through the many pictures I had taken. I deleted some, saved others. I began making a mental list of which ones I had wanted to edit on my computer, and see if they would turn out any better. I reached the front of the house, and entered the garage. I placed my camera back in it's case, and put the case back in Kellin's car. I had an 'blind appointment' Kellin had set up for me later in the day, and I had wanted to catch up with my skills. That's why I had taken a few photos in the forest.

I walked out of the garage, making sure to close the door. I skipped up the stairs of the porch, and clambered inside. I kicked off my Vans, and flipped my hair to the right side, and looked up.

"Oh my god!" I laughed, and jumped into Vic's arms. He hugged me tightly, and lifted me from the ground, causing me to bend my knees.

I couldn't stop smiling, as I buried my face in his hair. I've missed him more than anyone realizes.

I pulled away, and hugged Jaime. He tickled my sides, and grinned. "D you realize that it's been two weeks since you've texted me?!" He yelled, pushing his lower lip out like a small child.

I frowned. "I'm sorry, Jaime." I kissed his cheek, and shrugged my shoulders. "The upside is that you're here now!" I stated, grinning.

I hugged Tony, and smiled. "You're so adorable." I teased, hitting his cheek gently.

"You haven't texted me either!" He said, patting my cheek as well.

"I know and I'm sorry!" I smiled apologetically.

I hugged Mike, and smiled. "After all this time?" I asked, winking at him.

He looked at me, and grinned. "Always." He said, chuckling at my Harry Potter reference.

"What're you guys doing here?!" I asked, smiling widely. In all honesty, all I wanted to do was cuddle with Vic.

"We're here for that photo shoot!" Tony answered, looking at me as if it was obvious.

"Kellin didn't tell me shit!" I yelled, hitting Kellin playfully in the arm.

He stuck his tongue out at me. "Shut up. This is the best surprise of your life!" Jaime said, winking at me.

I nodded. "Yes, I have to agree with your statement, my dear Jaime." I giggled.

"Come on!" I grabbed Vic's and Tony's wrists, and pulled them outside. "I've got a perfect idea!" I exclaimed, grabbing my camera quickly from its case. I placed the strap around my neck, and began walking across the back yard. I was taking a few quick practice shots as we were walking. Vic and I were ahead of the rest of them, including Kellin. Once I was finished with practice shots, I let the camera rest on my chest.

"Can I ask you something?" I avoided Vic's eyes, and looked ahead as I asked the question.

I saw him nod out of the corner of my eye. "Yeah. Anything." He smiled.

"Why didn't you text or call me back?" I asked, biting my lip to hold back tears. I had never voiced this question before. It wasn't exactly something you practiced in the mirror.

"I left my phone on your guys's bus." He mumbled, guilt dripping from his voice. He fished his cell phone out of his pocket, and held it in between his fingers for a moment, before shoving it back into his pocket.

I felt like such an idiot. Why had I gotten so nervous and emotional about something so stupid? He didn't have his phone! Did you ever think of that, Coraline?!

"I'm so sorry, Cora. I wish I could've talked to you. I missed you." He laced his fingers through mine, and pulled me closer to his body.

I smiled, and pulled him into a hug. "No, I'm sorry. I would've done something if I had known!" I chuckled.

He smiled, and kissed my cheek. "Come on." He said, grabbing my hand in his again, as we continued walking into the woods.

"Alright," I said as we had all gotten to the center of the forest. "I've got a few ideas. I'll do singles first, and groups aft-"

"English! Speak it!" Jaime said, chuckling. "I don't understand your tech talk, Coraline!" He said, dragging out the 'I'.

I smiled, and chuckled softly. "I'll take photos of you alone first, and then take a few of all of you together after. Got it, Jaime? Or do I need to say it in Spanish too?" I teased, grinning maliciously.

He laughed. "I think I've got it now." He answered.

I bit my lip. "Alright, who wants to go first?" I asked.

Jaime raised his hand high. "Me!" He yelled, running towards me, and throwing me over his shoulder.

I laughed loudly. "Put me down!" I yelled through fits of giggles.

Once he finally did, seriousness fell upon us. I got straight to work, and directed each of them. Mike was the hardest to position. His height was a major factor. But we worked it out. I found a few things that I was decent with, including scenery. I also noticed a few things I needed practice on, such as color distractions.

"Alright, last one!" I announced, backing away from the group of them, and looking through the camera lens. I got down on one knee, and leaned back slightly, basking in the absolute adorableness.

"Wait," I stood back up, and walked over to Vic. "Loosen your shoulders a bit and move right just a bit." I said, smiling and getting back down to my previous position. I took the last picture, and grinned.

"Done!" I stated innocently.

They all moved from the uncomfortable position they had been in before, and spread throughout the distance. Vic made his way over to me. I smiled sweetly, and began looking at the photo's in my camera. He snaked his arms around my waist, and placed his head on my shoulder, gazing at the pictures from behind me.

"We did good." I smiled, placing my camera back on my chest, and turning in his grasp. I locked my arms around his neck, and kissed his nose.

"You did good." He complimented me.

I blushed, and shook my head. I pulled away from him. "Let's go home. I'm hungry!" I said, getting nods and laughs in agreement. Kellin, Tony, Mike, and Jaime all walked through the woods, their voiced echoing in the open land.

They had gotten pretty far ahead Vic and I, in a short time. I couldn't help but imagine holding his hand, and kissing him gently on the lips. But that was just my imagination. My hormonal teenage mind getting to me.

"I'm sorry. You know that, right?" Vic asked, his voice just above a whisper.

At first, I was confused about what he was talking about. But then it hit me; the text messages.

I quickly nodded. "Yeah, I know. I was just being a bitch." I chuckled, and chewed on my lip in nervousness.

"You weren't a bitch. You know that. I know that. I should have had someone tell you." He sighed, causing my heart to drop to my feet.

I stopped walking, and pulled him into a tight hug. "Vic, shut up. Do you realize that I could never be angry with you?"

He hugged back, without saying a word. We walked back and, eventually, caught up with the others.

Do you realize that I love you?
♠ ♠ ♠
Soon enough, I promise. :3
I've got something to tell you! In the next chapter, two people get together. Officially. I'm beyond excited about it. Can you guess who? :D

Thanks to the commentors:
@ redRevenge
@Zirara
@ sammiedoo

Stay Beautiful xxx