Status: A work in progress :D

Southern Constellations

Your Tiara Is Falling

•\•\ Vic's P.O.V /•/•

The smile on my face wouldn't go away as I stared at her. Coraline was sleeping peacefully right next to me. Her head on my chest, my arms around her waist. I pushed a piece of her hair back behind her ear, and she stirred in her sleep.

"Morning." She mumbled, fluttering her eyes open, revealing the astonishing shade of golden bronze. She nuzzled her face in my neck.

I grinned, and pulled her closer to me. Her essence alone was enough to make me nervous. I kissed her temple lightly, and she wriggled out of my grasp.

"I'm hungry." She said, wrenching the navy blue, star covered blanket off of the bed, and wrapping it around her shoulders.

I laughed, and got up. I quickly threw my shirt from last night back on, and followed her. I nearly tripped over Jaime, who was passed out on the floor, some kind of drink in his hand. The others were also sleeping, but some more awkwardly. One of Mike's legs was hanging off the table, which he was passed out on.

I walked into the kitchen, laughing at the sight. Coraline had been trying her hardest to pull Phil off of the counter. Once she had succeeded, Phil tumbled to the floor, leaving her in cute giggles.

She searched through the cupboards. "Vic," she sighed. "Do you know how to make pancakes?" She smiled innocently at me, before dropping to her knees, her hands on her temples.

I rushed towards her, sweeping her up into my arms. "Cora? Cora, baby, what's wrong?"

She moved her hands away from her face, and looked up at me. "My head," she mumbled, relaxing into my chest.

I sighed, and moved away from her. "Just a second." I said, making my way into the bathroom, and searching for a bottle of Tylenol. Once I found it, I unscrewed the cap, dumped two into my hand, and wrapped my arms around her again.

After she took them both, she relaxed in my chest once again. I kissed the top of her head, and sighed.

"So, about those pancakes?" She giggled.

"I'll be back by six. I've got to go." Kellin kissed Cora's cheek, and rushed out the door.

"What was that about?" I asked Cora.

She shrugged her shoulders. "It's Kellin. He's probably going on some mission, like James Bond."

•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•

\•\• Cora's P.O.V •/•/

My head still pounded, yet It wasn't as dominant as my happiness. If all went as planned, I would have a few hours alone with Vic. I was way too overly confident today, and wanted to admit how I felt about him.

"Hey, Vic, will you go take a few photos with me?" I asked, grabbing my camera, and throwing a hoodie on.

He nodded. "Yeah, sure." He smiled, and grabbed his jacket. I slipped on my Vans, and walked outside. The cold wind pierced my skin, and blew my hair across my face slightly.

"Where are we going?" He asked, lacing our fingers together.

The bag on my shoulder, containing the camera and a few of its accessories, made me feel as if I was walking back to school – a memory that wasn't very amusing.

"I have an idea." I grinned.

After a few more minutes of walking in pure silence, I made my way into the thick group of trees that I had known so well.

Memories flooded back into my mind. Good memories, mostly. I allowed a small smile to etch itself onto my lips. I slowly made my way inside of the forest. I hadn't forgotten that it was seventy six steps inside, when we would find the tree house.

Vic followed me, without saying a word. That was another thing I had adored about him. He didn't ask questions. He just went along with it.

Seven...eight...nine...ten...

"Kellin and I used to come here everyday after school." I whispered, knowing that Vic could hear me.

Fifteen...sixteen...seventeen...

"Like a tradition?" Vic asked, his hand still laced with mine.

I nodded. "You could call it that." I agreed, smiling a little bit more.

Twenty-eight...twenty-nine...thirty...

"We used to come here after school, and he'd help me with my homework. Or he'd comfort me when the boys at school would make fun of my hair." I chuckled softly.

Forty-nine...fifty...fifty-one...

Silence filled the air around us. At just this moment, it felt like it was only the two of us. Like nothing else in the entire world mattered.

Seventy-three...seventy four...

"Here?" He asked, staring up at the poorly made, old, treehouse.

I smiled broadly. "Here." I verified, making my way over to it. I ran my fingers lightly across the imprinted tree trunk.

"He made it for me when I was seven or eight. It's very poorly done, but he put a lot of time into it." I said, smiling.

I placed the bag on my shoulder on the ground, and pulled the camera out. I took a few photos, before sitting on the ground, and leaning against the tree. Vic sat next to me, and sighed.

"Can I ask you something, Vic? Something...serious?"

He nodded. "Anything." He said, lying his head on my shoulder.

I sighed again. Was I really going to do this? What if he hates me? What if he thinks I'm an idiot? What if he never talks to me again?

"Vic," I breathed inward. "Do you...love me?" I asked, avoiding his gaze by staring at the ground.

"Of coarse," he grabbed my my face gently. "Of coarse I love you, Coraline." He kissed my nose.

I shook my head, and stood up. "You know that's not what I mean." I whispered, grabbing my camera bag and shoving my camera inside.

"What're you doing?" He asked, grabbing my wrist.

I wrenched my arm from his grasp. "I'm going back home." I sneered, standing up, throwing my bag on my shoulder, and storming off in the direction we had already came.

"Coraline! Stop!" He called, grabbing my shoulder, tight enough for me not to be able to get away, yet gentle enough not to hurt me.

"Why? You obviously hate me! I shouldn't have even taken you here! I'm such a moron," I sighed. "I shouldn't have told you anything!" I yelled, unwanted tears trickling down my cheeks.

"Please, don't cry." He pulled me into a tight embrace, but I refused to relax.

"Let me go." I demanded, wriggling from his grasp.

He apprehensively let go, and I stared at him for a moment, before making my way back into the empty road.

I could feel his eyes on me as I walked. He wasn't very far behind, which aggravated me. At this moment, I couldn't stand him. All I wanted to do was go home and sleep. I wanted to fall into my dream world, where Vic would tell me he loved me too, and kiss me sweetly. But no, that's never going to happen. I felt so selfish, but I didn't care at this point. I was willing to do absolutely anything, if it meant I could be with Vic.

"Where the hell've you been?" Tinika yelled across the yard, as I approached my house.

I shook my head in annoyance. "Dying, Tinika. I've been dying. No! Let me rephrase that, I have been decapitated, and had the life sucked out of me!" I yelled back, shoving past her to go to my room. I set my camera bag on the floor, and slammed the bedroom door. I fell on my bed, and let the tears flow free. I felt like crawling in a hole, and dying. Or drowning, that'd be okay too.

"Cora?" Tinika's light voice came from beyond the door.

I didn't reply, but simply shoved my face into my pillow.

I heard the door open and close softly, but refused to pay any attention to it.

"Cora," Tinika's soft voice filled the silence of my room. She gently rubbed my back, and sighed. "What happened?" She asked, lying next to me.

I sighed, and explained everything to her. I didn't leave out a single detail about how I felt for the last few days, or how I wanted to feel. Every single detail was told.

"Crying over a guy? Pick your head up, princess, your tiara is falling." She smiled, and poked my cheek.

I giggled at her fairy tale reference, but immediately felt better. I leaned up, and hugged her tightly.

"Hey, where's Kellin? Shouldn't he be back by now?" I asked, glancing at the alarm clock on the bedside table.

Tinika shrugged her shoulders. "I dunno." She said, smiling sympathetically.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and recommend!! It really does mean a lot to me!! <3

Thanks to the commenters:
@ TheSun
@ s3lfish-mach1nes
@ Zirara
@ sammiedoo
@ kessmemaybe
@ Artcoholic
@ ashlynn202
@ missdemeanorluv
@ LivingDeadGirl

<3

Stay Beautiful xxx