Status: active i guess c:

Stuck

p u r p l e h a i r

"GUESS. WHO. I. JUST TALKED TO." I shouted as soon as I got into the bus and the door was fully shut. I was nearly shaking from talking to Austin, and while the others thought of replies I set about picking up the rubbish from the floor.

"Slade?" Asked the ever naive Adam, causing everyone to groan.

"You're so fucking dumb, man. Slade's dead." Answered Cameron, causing everyone one the bus to stare at him with wide eyes and open mouths. "I'm kidding, guys." He added, when he saw everyones 'are-you-stupid' gazes.

I rolled my eyes. "No, I didn't talk to Slade. But... I talked to Austin Carlile and he invited all of us to Of Mice And Men's first Warped party!" I told them, holding out my arms in a 'ta-da!' gesture.

"No, you didn't." Answered Luca, not in the way that he was stating that I didn't, but in the sassy gay way that he was famous around us for.

"Yeah, I did!"

"And you didn't, like, pass out or anything?"

"Still alive and breathing, baby!"

Then, my camp friend proceeded to squeal and run over to me, throwing his arms around my shoulder and jumping up and down. "Jesus, Luca, calm down! It's not that exciting!"

"I'm not fangaying over you meeting your idol, sweetiepie, I'm fangaying over the fact that we're partying with OF MICE AND FUCKING MEN TONIGHT!"

Sometimes I forget that he's not even in the band.

"This calls for hairdye!" He squeaked, grabbing my arm and yanking me into his room. This was normal for us; Luca had an obsession with hairdye, but apparently, according to him, it's not 'globally acceptable for a gay male to have pink hair,' so I was his model. "What colour this time?" He asked, not even bothering to listen to my response before pulling out any random box.

There had been many times Luca had tried to colour my hair and it had gone badly wrong... I was just hoping that we could sort it out before the party.
For probably the first time ever, Luca's hair treatment had gone right first time. I was left with my pink waves transformed into purple - plus, he had straightened it perfectly, so it fell to nearly my waist. He had also insisted on dressing me, in an outfit that actually looked decent; the short red skirt and cream blouse went well with the high black heels, and the dropped jaws of Cameron, Tom and Adam were worth it.

"You have boobs!" Cam wittingly commented, staring with wide eyes at my chest. I smirked, but then crossed my arms as self-conciousness kicked in. It was nearly 9, and I had butterflies in my stomach; not because I liked Austin, but I was nervous about being a new band around so many mature, old bands. What if they looked down on us like some kids, or treated us like children? I was the most worried I'd been in a while.

"Should we get going?" I suggested, picking up my plain black bag and pocketing my iPhone. They responded with enthusiastic 'yeah!'s, and I took a deep breath before stepping out of the bus, already knowing where the Of Mice And Men bus was.

Oh, the sad life of a fan.

Purposely dragging my feet, I bit my lip nervously - this was, after all, our introduction. The first time we're meeting the bands, and they get to meet us. It was daunting, to say the least.

People were already spilling out the bus; I could practically see it shaking. A few familiar faces with sitting on the ground talking, and one of them lifted their hand and waved at us. I waved back, taking it as a good sign.

Do I knock or just walk in? I thought, an internal debate going on in my head. Thankfully, Cam pushed the used and abused door to reveal a small group of people - all of which I recognised.

"LEGS!" Shouted someone, and my eyes widened as Austin Carlile himself jumped up and ran over to me, flinging his arms around my neck and hugging me tightly - I could practically feel my bones creaking.

"Er... hi, Austin." I said, cursing myself for being awkward. I patted him on the back a few times, and caught Luca's shocked gaze from the corner of her eye.

"YOU HAVE TO MEET THE OTHERS!" He shouted, and I guessed he was already very drunk. He grabbed my hand tightly, squeezing it and dragged me over to the group of people sitting on the floor. "GUYS! This is Legs! She's the singer for Don't Touch!"

"Hi," I waved awkwardly.

They all chorused 'hey's', and Alex Gaskarth (insert girl scream here) stood up and hugged me. "I swear your name's Lennon, not legs?" He laughed when he pulled back. He knew my name.

"Yeah, Lennon Quinn, at your service. No relation to Kellin Quinn, if you were wondering." The words flowed easily; Alex was an easy person to talk to. "These are Cam, Adam and Tom, plus Luca. He's our tour manager and yes, he's gay." My stomach twisted happily when I noticed Austin was still holding my hand.

He tugged on my arm and I sat down next to him, joining the circle and seeing the others sit beside me. I looked at the faces around me and I bit my lip; I was a newbie to touring, and 'Warping', and everyone else was experienced. Taylor Jardine - who, for some reason, was without the rest of We Are The In Crowd - All Time Low, Of Mice & Men and Pierce The Veil. And then there was us, Don't Touch, who no one had barely even heard of.

"Want a beer?" Asked Austin. I nodded and he reached behind me and produced a bottle of beer, handing it to me. I popped the cap with my teeth and turned around to spit it out, then gulped down a mouthful. Everyone was talking to the people around them, so I turned to Austin and bit my lip, wondering what to say.

Instead of trying to make conversation with someone - something I had never been good at - I watched everyone else socialise. There was Cameron; flirty, funny and friendly. Adam; quiet, sweet and helpful. Then Tom; loud, boisterous and seemed to have the ability to make anyone laugh. I didn't really know what my part was, but it didn't matter, because we were here at Warped tour, living the dream, so I must be slightly likeable. Or else Austin Carlile wouldn't have invited me to his party.
♠ ♠ ♠
if there's something left to be learned, then my time is running, why should i waste it all, waste it on you?

- to live and let go, all time low

ew short awkward chapter. the next will be better, pinky promise? Also, you should review. Only if you want though. Don't succumb to peer pressure.