Clarity

Hold still right before we crash

I tried to keep my eyes off him, to look anywhere I could look. As I looked around the room, I wondered if my classmates could hear how fast and hard my heart was beating beneath my skin. I breathed in as I looked from my right to my left, where Micki was watching me with a worried look. “You okay?” She whispered.

I looked straight to see Matt Professor Sanders looking out at the sea of people in front of him, but I stopped breathing when his eyes landed on mine. I’m pretty sure that every time we made contact, he was freaking out himself.

I was the one to break eye contact as I brought my own gaze to Micki’s. “I’m okay.” I whispered back solemnly, my own hazel eyes finding hers. I watched as she nodded and brought her cup of Starbucks to her lips again and downed the rest of it.

“Professor Sanders,” Began a girl, her hand in the air. I looked for the body of the soft spoken, but nasal sounding voice and saw one of the Sophomores with bright blonde hair, fake tanned skin—what was her name? Katie? I think, at least. I watched as she popped her lips and eyed Matt like he was candy and I felt the little green ball of envy begin to coil itself in my stomach. “How long have you been working out to build muscles like yours?” She asked all dreamy. I snickered from the back of the room quietly, earning a chuckle from Micki.

Matt was sitting on the table in front of the class, seeming already too cozy in the room, bot too much the cockiness he was so clearly oozing. Was it because of my presence, of just because he felt like he belonged up there? I slipped down further into my chair as his eyes sought mine. I felt my cheeks get warm and watched as a smirk played on his lips, probably remembering a few texts I have sent him over the past couple of days about his muscles. At the thought my cheeks got warmer and I put my head in my hands. “Matt, please; I am no older than you guys are.” A chuckle left his lips and I removed my hands from my face. “It takes a lot more than just working out to keep this up.” He winked at the blonde, but I think that it was more directed to me. Embarrassed, I watched as he flexed his right arm and another chuckle left his lips. “No, I’m just kidding. Just eat healthy and shit, work off the right amount of carbs and work the right areas.”

Vaguely, I thought I heard someone say that he could ‘work her’ anytime of the day. Again, the green monster found its way into my system and I found myself wanting to stand up and just shout ‘He’s mine, bitches.’ But I didn’t think that it was best to out my relationship, if there was one, with Matt.

Memories of the night I spent at his house bombarded me and bent over the table, my head hiding in the crook of my arms. I remembered his arms wrapping around my body, those wonderful hands of his cupping my breasts…

I shook the memory of his skin against mine, pulled my seat back and grabbed my bag. Micki looked at me in shock as I stood from my chair and walked out of the room. I felt his hot gaze on my back as I exited the room and ran for the bathroom.

__

I was hiding away in the bathroom for the next half hour and was ignoring every text that was sent to my phone. I didn’t care if it was from my mother, or even from my brother—what I cared about was the fact that I seriously needed to think this shit through. I mean, what the fuck was I supposed to do? For the first time in my life I have had great sex—toe-curling sex, to be exact, and he turns out to be my professor?

I groaned and fell to the floor—I am so screwed! It would be my luck to find a great guy, but to have him be put on limits. I realized that Micki was actually true this time—I would end up being thankful for her gossiping skills.

I shook my head and ran my hands through my hair, playing with strands as I eyed them—I really needed to go to Tara, the woman behind this beautiful master piece. I’ve been dying for nearly a year and a half now and I love it so much I don’t want to change.

The bathroom door opened to reveal Micki. Her brown eyes gazed at me before she turned, locked the bathroom door and met me on the floor. “He let us go a little early.” She murmured as she fell down, her bag beside her near the trash.

I frowned and looked at her. “I should have listened to you.” I said softly. Micki rolled her eyes.

“What good would that have done?”

“I wouldn’t be so conflicted right now.” I pulled my legs away from my body and played with the hem of my white t-shirt. I heard Micki sigh text to me and looked at her—I couldn’t believe that she looked so strong right not. I mean, she just underwent a break-up and she was moving on like it was nothing. But that was how she worked, I guess, and I admired her strength every time.

“I think he’s still there,” She murmured, her brown eyes gazing into mine. “You should talk to him.” Just then my phone chirped and she smiled. “Ten bucks is Dimples.” She said and I raised an eyebrow at his nickname, recalling the memory of doing it myself.

I pulled my phone out and opened it to see his name across the screen.

Mattxo

Can you meet me in the room, Steph? I think we need to talk.

With my heart beating a mile per minute, I looked up at Mick just as there was a knock on the door. She rolled her eyes, stood up off the floor and I followed suit. She unlocked it to find Katie, the blonde bitch from earlier. Her bright blue eyes were filled with determination as she glanced at us. “Isn’t the new Professor sex on a stick?”

I heard Micki cough and I looked at her as I hid my jealousy. “I heard he had a girlfriend.” I said with a smirk. Katie’s eyes glimmered under the florescent lights as she applied more gloss to her lips.

“Not after I’m done with him.” Before I could make a retort, Micki grabbed my arm and smirked.

“Just go, Steph, Jesus.” I stuck my tongue out at her and walked out of the bathroom and towards the classroom that may or may not hold my future.
♠ ♠ ♠
I suppose if I asked for a certain amount (5) of comments, it would make a bitch wouldn't it? XD Thanks to those who take the time to comment! Please don't be shy to comment about the negative part of the story! I'd really like to hear all the criticism!