Status: Just going with it, comments/messages are always welcome.

The Grey Valley

Chapter One: Square One

A hypnic jerk woke Alice up and brought her back to reality. Alice immediately squinted, adjusting to the new lighting and surroundings. From what Alice could see, she was in a barred up interrogation room with the detective sitting across from her at the table. Detective Marcus had been idly reading, waiting for her to wake up.

“How did you get here?” Detective Marcus stated with a pang of pity.
“What do you mean?” Alice replied.
“What I mean is how did you end up at this state of affairs? What led you to leading this kind of life?!” Detective Marcus’ voice had elevated. He was starting to get irritated by her predicament.
“Look, Detective, it’s not really a good story to tell....”Alice’s voice trailed off.
“Alice, I need answers. And if learning your background is the only way that some of that information comes out, then that’s the course of action that we are going to take.” Detective Marcus took on speaking with a tone of authority.
“Detective, please. Don’t make me do this!” Alice almost cried.
“Why shouldn’t I? You could be locked up for a long, a long time. That doesn’t mean that you should be.”

Alice sighed at that. “I don’t think that you have time for it, Detective. It’s getting late, and my story may take a lot longer than you think it actually is.”
“I don’t mind. Alice, are you hungry? Because I could really go for some pizza with a beer right now.”
“Well, last time I ate was, “Alice paused, thinking on her feet, “this morning. So yes, that sounds perfect.”

Detective Marcus stood up and walked over to open the door. He turned around and smiled at her. Alice seemed alright to him, but he saw something else. Maybe unease for what was to come. “I’m just going to send out another one of the guys on the squad to get it for us. Any preference?”
“I’m not picky,” Alice said. She began to lose her composure and was being slightly squeamish in her seat.
“Okay, I’ll be right back.”

And with that, the door shut behind the Detective, leaving Alice alone for the first time in what seemed to her like forever. She glanced around the room, taking note of the security camera turned on in the corner, and the ‘mirror’ that took up most of the wall on her right. Alice then moved to brush back her hair, only to find that she had been handcuffed to the chair.
Struggling to stay blasé, Alice then resorted to lay her head down on the table, just waiting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for trying this out, guys! Hope you like it. Message me with any ideas, or leave me any notes in the comments. :)