Status: incomplete

This Is What I Want

10.

I woke in Damon’s bed wrapped in his arms. The sun was streaming through the windows, but I didn’t move, too comfortable to disturb our position.

“Good morning,” Damon greeted. I tilted my face to his to find his blue eyes looking down on me.

“Good morning. How did you know I was awake?”

“Your breathing changed.”

We lay there in silence for a bit longer, just savoring each other’s presence. Damon’s fingers ran through my hair as I watched the sunlight coming in through the curtains.
I finally sat up and instantly missed the feeling of Damon’s arms around me. I noticed my bags by the door.

“Did you bring all of my stuff with you last night?” Incredulity and surprise filled my voice as a smile made its way across my mouth. I turned to face him.

“Well not all of it, just most of it.”

I looked into his eyes as the smile grew bigger.

“Are you moving me in Mr. Salvatore?” I couldn’t keep the happiness from my voice.

“Well you spend most of your time here anyway. I figured, why not?” He tried to be nonchalant but a happy expression had taken over his features. His eyes sparkled as his eyebrows arched. His smirk graced his features. He crossed his arms behind his head.

“Are you accepting my offer Ms. Fitzwilliam?”

I shrugged and didn’t give an answer. I sauntered over to my bags, pulling out an outfit for the day. As I rummaged through my clothes, thoughts about vampirism flitted through my mind. How had Damon and Stefan been turned? How did you turn someone? What happened after that? Did you turn right away? Would it hurt?

“What are you thinking about? You’re awfully quiet over there, missy.”

“Oh, nothing. Just a few random thoughts, that’s all. It’s nothing for you to be worried about, for now.”

I streaked away, giggles bubbling up in my throat, as Damon leapt out of the bed.

“What do you mean, ‘for now’?” he shouted. I laughed and ran into the bathroom, heading for the shower.

Damon’s hands appeared in my peripherals as I continued to prepare for my shower. His hands landed on mine which prevented me from undressing further. I laughed again and turned to face him.

“They’re just thoughts for our next vampire conversation. I’m storing up questions to ask you.”
He looked deep into my eyes, searching them for answers. I guess he was satisfied with what he saw because he gave a little nod and released me.

“Need help?” He winked.

“Possibly. This stupid button is stuck now thanks to you..” I trailed off and let his fingers deftly unbutton the rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
xo