Status: incomplete

This Is What I Want

14.

“Damon Salvatore we need to have this conversation!” I yelled angrily at his retreating back. He didn’t respond. Stefan and Elena came running at the sound of my voice.

“Ignoring me isn’t going to solve anything, Damon!”

The words came out as a hiss as the anger built up in my veins.

Stefan came around the corner as Damon whirled around and stalked back toward me. He grabbed him and tried to restrain him, but Damon threw him into the nearest wall.

Elena had bee-lined straight for me and pulled me back as Damon came back toward me. His eyes turned red as he released his vampire nature. He pushed Elena aside stuck his face in mine. I cried out as I heard her stumble. Fear stole through my body but I refused to move. My hands shook with nerves, fear, and adrenaline as he came closer.

“Damon! Think about what you’re doing!” Stefan said, instantly at his side once more. He placed a firm arm around his chest. “Don’t do this.”

“Don’t tell me what to do, brother. I can handle this myself.” He threw Stefan’s arm off and rounded on me.

“This,” he gestured to himself, “is not what I want for you! We will discuss this when I decide we will discuss it! You are not turning, not on my watch. I am not talking about this anymore with you,” he hissed at me.

I slapped him across the face, my pent up anger finally breaking through my hold. His expression turned from anger to shock.

“How dare you. You have no right to make that decision for me, nor can you tell me when we will or won’t talk about this! I can’t believe you would even say something like that to me!” Angry tears filled my eyes and I swatted at them.

“I need some space. Don’t call. I’ll be around in a few days.”

I spun on my heel and stalked off. I heard Elena’s footsteps behind me as she followed me down the hall.

----

“This will be your room while you’re here. Feel free to make yourself at home. It’s me and Jeremy here, so don’t be shy.”

“Thank you so much for doing this. Truly. I really appreciate it. I just…can’t…be there right now.” My voice cracked on the last words and Elena wrapped me in a hug.

“Don’t cry, please.”

“I’m sorry. It’s just, I’ve never seen him like that before, nor has he ever spoken to me in that way before.”

“I think he’s just scared. He doesn’t want you to have to cope with the same things he’s gone through.”

“But that’s not his decision to make!”

“I know. Let him cool off. Go talk to him in a few days and see if you can work it out.”

I nodded.

“Thanks, Elena. You can always make me feel better.”

She gave me a soft smile and shut the door behind her.

----

“What the hell was that, Damon?!” Stefan raged. “How could you be so stupid!”

Damon stood in silence, the impact of his actions washing through him. Guilt seeped into every fiber of his being as he caressed his stinging cheek.

“I shouldn’t have let her walk out. I should’ve stopped her and worked it out with her. What if she doesn’t come back? What if something happens to her?”

Panic began to rise in his chest.

“Hey, hey, she’s going to be fine. She and Elena are together, and no other vampires can enter Elena’s house. They’ll be safe there. I’ll pick them up for school each day and keep an eye on her for you until she comes back.”

“What if someone gets to her, though? What if she dies?” Damon’s voice was small as the guilt continued to build.

“Don’t think like that. She’ll be fine.”

“I hope you’re right.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's been a while. When I'm home is really the only time I have to write, relax, and really think about the direction of my stories. So sorry for the long wait!

xoxo