Status: incomplete

This Is What I Want

03.

“You did what?! Why would you do something like that?!” Caroline cried as we sat in my bedroom. Bonnie and Elena were rummaging through my closet to find me something to wear. I had just brought Caroline into my bedroom and told her what had happened.

“Yep, she did. He’s hot. She’s hot. I don’t know what she was thinking, but damn, they’re going to look good together!” Bonnie exclaimed. A blush flushed my cheeks.

“I don’t really even know him that well, Bonnie. How do you know that we’re even going to be together?” I mumbled, my cheeks flaming hotter.

“Because I’m a psychic, remember? My grams told me.” I laughed and gave her a look.
Elena came beside me and held out my outfit.

“I know him. He’s...intriguing,” she said after a long pause. I looked her in the eye in the mirror.

“What do you mean by that?” I questioned, tugging on the ends of my hair, a nervous habit I had picked up from somewhere.

“He’s just different, but you’ll like him, I think,” she replied once more. I could tell she was keeping something from me but didn’t question her. I let out a groan as she pushed me into the bathroom to change, her responses making me start to doubt him. A knock on the door followed shortly after I had entered.

“Yeah?” I called, stepping into the dress Elena had picked out for me.

“It’s Elena, can I come in?” she called.

“Yeah!”

The door opened and she slipped inside.

“I need to tell you something about him before you leave.”

I looked her in the eyes, all attempts at getting ready forgotten at her words.

“What do you mean?”

“He’s a vampire,” she blurted out. My eyes widened. “So is Stefan. That’s what I was struggling with yesterday. That’s what happened at the Grill between me and Stefan,” she continued. “I had to ask him about it. It was eating away at my mind, and I had to find out the truth.” I flashed back to my meeting with Damon, remembering how his eyes had flickered to my neck.

“Oh my god,” I breathed, her statement making more sense to me. “What do I do? What should I say to him?”

“You’ll be fine. I’ve been around him and he has a good heart, he just doesn’t like to show it. He can be a bit callous and arrogant, but I think you’ll be good for him. You seem to have this effect that calms him down, makes him snap out of his ‘bad boy’ image.”

I sat down in front of my mirror as Elena swept my hair up easily. I watched as she worked, my mind attempting to reconcile what she had told me. There was no way that vampires were real, especially not in Mystic Falls.

My mind continued to reel as I applied my makeup, completely unsure of what to do. Would he try to bite me tonight? Would he try to kill me tonight? My eyes widened as that thought ran through my head. I shook my head to clear it, deciding that he wouldn’t.

I stepped into my heels as the doorbell rang.

“I got it!” I called as I made my way toward the door. I opened it to reveal Damon, stunning in all black. My breath caught, an action I was quickly becoming used to around him, and all other thoughts were banished from my mind. His hands were buried deep in his pockets, his eyes boring into my own.

I was literally speechless. My hands fiddled with my clutch as I desperately tried to think of something to say. Nothing came to mind and I was stuck standing there gawking at my date.

“Invite him in,” Elena breathed quietly into my ear. I jumped, not realizing that she had been there. I nodded slowly at her words, still trying to take in Damon’s appearance.

“Come on in,” I managed. He smirked and stepped through the doorway, entering my home.
“You look stunning,” he greeted, his hands still in his pockets.

“You clean up nicely as well,” I said, managing to regain my composure. I heard footsteps on the stairs and turned to see Caroline and Bonnie coming down.

“Shall we?” He offered his arm. I took it and waved goodbye to the girls, following Damon into the night.

His car was parked outside, and he opened the door and helped me in. I swallowed quickly and took a deep breath. The driver’s side door opened and Damon entered.

“Are you ready?” he asked. I could hear the smirk in his voice. I nodded, not ready to look at him yet. He chuckled and drove off, whisking me away.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry the chapters are still a bit "bleh". i promise they'll get better!

xo

date night