Status: incomplete

This Is What I Want

06.

“So how’d it go? What happened? What did he say? Did he kiss you?” Elena squealed into the phone the next morning. I held the phone away from my ear as she gushed. I had called her as soon as I woke up knowing that she would be dying to hear what happened.

“It was amazing. It was so romantic and he was the perfect gentleman! Yes, he kissed me and it was incredible. He was so perfect! It was so magical and romantic and beautiful!” I sighed as I flopped onto my bed, my phone pressed to my ear. Elena squealed in delight again.

“I’m so glad! Damon may see himself as a ‘bad boy’, but he’s actually really sweet! He needs someone like you in his life!” I smiled at her statement. I thought of our conversations last night and the vampire one flashed to the forefront of my mind.

“He also explained the whole vampire thing to me.” I closed my eyes and cursed myself for blurting out those words. I knew she wasn’t going to be too pleased.

Silence greeted my statement. I heard her sigh on the other end.

“What did he say?” she asked cautiously.

“He just explained to me that he was a predator and fed on humans and human blood. I told him I was still attracted to him and that was that pretty much that. He did say he’s not like Stefan though. What did he mean by that?”

Elena was quiet and I knew she was playing with whatever pendant she was wearing.

“Elena?” I asked after a pause. I didn’t think she was going to answer me.

I heard her bed creak as she sat up.

“Stefan doesn’t drink human blood. He’s told me that he keeps to an animal diet. Damon, obviously, doesn’t do that nor does he believe in that. He says that because they’re vampires, they need blood from humans, not bunnies. He says that because they’re predators, they need the thrill of the hunt.”
I chuckled a bit and sat up; the information she had given me sounded a lot like what he had told me last night.

“Even so, my feelings for him haven’t changed. I’m definitely still attracted to him and want to see where things go. Despite the fact that he’s a vampire, I’m still insanely attracted to him. There’s something about the danger and mystery behind him that allures me, not to mention that he’s sexy as fuck. He’s sarcastic and witty, the perfect personality for me. I’m not ready to give up; I’m not going to give up.”

Elena sighed.

“Fine. I understand that the danger and the allure and the mystery are very captivating, but you need to understand that he’s still dangerous. He’s a predator, a hunter. He likes hunting and killing people. His personality does match yours perfectly, though,” she admitted. “Please just don’t get in over your head with this.”

“Elena, I can handle it. Besides, you know him. Why are you doubting this? I have a feeling that he’s not going to hurt me. Please just trust me. I like him a lot and really want to see how things play out. I don’t want to sabotage the relationship before it even has a chance to start because I’m worried about his vampire nature.”

“I’m doubting because I know his vampire side. He’s a hunter.”

“Elena, please, don’t ruin this. I’m not going to run away because he’s a vampire. You’re still with Stefan aren’t you?”

She sighed again. She knew I was right.

“Fine, you’re right. I’m coming over. Be ready in twenty minutes.”

Before I could respond she had hung up. I had no choice but to get ready for the day.

----

The doorbell rang and I ran downstairs to answer it. Elena, Stefan, and Damon stood on my doorstep.

“Hey guys, what’s up?”

I was surprised to see the Savlatores with Elena.

“We’re taking you out,” Damon said as he stepped in and kissed my forehead.

“It was supposed to be just me, but the boys just had to invite themselves along!” Elena shot them a look before following Damon in; Stefan remained on my doorstep.

“Stefan? What are you doing?”

“I wasn’t invited in.” He rocked back and forth, his hands clasped behind his back. I watched as he took in my home.

“Oh right! Come on in!” I exclaimed. He crossed the threshold and entered my house.
I ran upstairs to grab sunglasses and a purse. I turned to leave my bedroom and came face to face with Damon. I jumped and stumbled backwards. His arms caught me before I hit the floor.

“Geez, Damon! Don’t do that!” I exclaimed, smiling as he helped me up.

“My apologies.”

I slapped him as he pulled me toward him and greeted me with his lips. I smiled and melted into the kiss. When Damon finally pulled away, he looked me in the eyes, his face impossibly close to mine.

“So I’m guessing you’re okay with all of this?”

I paused, our conversation flooding back to me. I had had time to mull over all of the information that he had given me, and I was definitely collecting and cataloguing more information as we went. I thought about the conversation that I had just had with Elena. What I had told her I truly believed. There was some part of me that just knew that he wouldn’t try to hurt me. I nodded.

“So what are you doing up here?”

“I just wanted to see you.”

I chuckled.

“We’ve only been on one date, Damon. Are you that attached already?” I smirked as I took in his appearance. Dark jeans encased his legs and a black v-neck hugged his chest. His hair was adorably tousled and lay perfectly across his forehead. I heaved an internal sigh and stuffed my phone in my purse.

“Maybe.”

He kissed me again and led me downstairs. I saw Elena’s eyes lock on our linked hands, and I just smiled at her as we exited my house. I heard her sigh as she and Stefan followed us out. I knew she was shaking her head.

Damon’s blue convertible was parked outside my house, Stefan’s red behind his. I climbed into Damon’s car and adjusted my glasses.

I heard doors slam behind us and engines start. I smiled as the wind pulled my hair from my face, the sun shining down on us as we drove toward downtown.
♠ ♠ ♠
xo

things are getting interesting.