Status: incomplete

This Is What I Want

07.

Our “day-out”, as Damon had called it, turned into an unofficial second date for us. Damon held my hand the entire time we were out. I couldn’t keep the smile off my face. I noticed some suspicious glances as we walked, but decided to wait until later to address these concerns with Damon.
We walked around downtown Mystic Falls, Damon showing and telling me the historic points of the town. He pointed out all of the old and iconic areas of downtown. I was fascinated that our town had changed so dramatically since Damon was last here.

When someone made the sign of the cross in front of them as we walked by, I couldn’t wait to ask Damon about the strange signals any longer.

“Damon, why are people giving me strange looks when they see us together? Someone just made the sign of the cross at me.”

He sighed and led me to a nearby bench. He sat down and pulled me down beside him, his hand still holding mine.

“The founding families of the town had a hatred for vampires way back when I was turned. They went on a mission to find and burn every vampire that existed during the 1864. They mostly succeeded, but obviously, they missed a few. Most of the people here aren’t aware that Stefan and I are vampires, and the fact that we walk in the daylight throws them off. I think some of the founding family members have been educated by older generations and are still suspicious of my brother and me.

I also have a reputation for being the ‘bad boy’ around here. I think they probably don’t want to see little, innocent you with big, bad me.”

I contemplated what he told me, not surprised that the townspeople had gone on a rampage against the vampires in the 1800s. I shrugged and stood up.

“They don’t know you like I seem to know you.”

----

Damon pulled me into the Grill and toward the bar as the sun was setting. We sat at the bar and Damon motioned to the bar-tender, no words needed. The girl working the bar poured the drinks wordlessly and moved away quickly, tending to the next patron.

I put my chin in my hand and gazed at him, drinking in his perfection. The drinks came and I noticed a ring on his finger as he reached for the glasses. I grabbed his hand and examined the ring.

“This is beautiful, Damon. Where did it come from?”

He glanced down at the ring as I continued to examine it back and forth.

“It’s a day-walker ring.” I glanced up at him. His eyes were fixed on the ring as he twiddled it back and forth. “It allows us to walk in the sun without bursting into flames.”

I nodded, tucking the information away with the rest of the vampire knowledge I was accumulating. He grabbed my hand and placed the glass in it.

“That’s another story for another day.”

He finished his drink in two swallows and gazed at me as I finished mine at a slower pace.

“What are you looking at?” I felt like we had been dating for ages, the way that we interacted with one another.

“Just you. You’re so beautiful.” I blushed and finished my drink.

“Let’s get out of here.”

I grabbed his hand and pulled him toward the parking lot.

“Where do you want to go?”

“Your house.”

He nodded and we drove off, heading in a direction I’d never been.

----

We pulled up to their house which took my breath away. It was old, but beautiful. Damon came around and opened the door, pulling me from my reverie. I grabbed his hand as he led me inside. I continued to stare as he went over to his alcohol collection, pouring himself another drink. I followed slowly behind, still in awe of the Salvatore home.

I explored their home, taking in the vintage-ness of the house. I immediately fell in love, deciding that this was going to be one of my favourite places to be.

By the time I had finished looking around Damon had polished off his fourth drink. I walked by and he grabbed me, pushing me toward the wall. I could taste the whiskey on his lips as they crashed into mine. My heart began racing as my hands ran into his hair seemingly of their own accord. His hands roamed my body and his lips soon followed. I gasped for breath as my hands urged him on.
I finally pushed him off, not ready to go all the way.

“Damon,” I panted, his lips continuing to explore my body. “Damon, stop, stop!”

He pulled away, gazing into my eyes.

“I need to get to know you better. Come on, we’ve only been on two dates,” I reminded. He sighed and pulled away, his head hanging between his hands, which caged me between them.

“Delaney, we spend every waking moment together. What more do you need to know about me?”
I gave him a look and he conceded.

“You know what I want to know about.”

Silence followed as he searched my face. He sighed.

“Fine. I’ll take you on another date. Tomorrow. Anything you want to do we’ll do it. We’ll have another conversation soon.”

I smiled and grabbed his hand, heading toward his bedroom, suddenly tired. He followed eagerly, stripping off his shirt as we went. I fell into his bed, my eyes closing slowly on their own.

I felt the bed depress as Damon crawled in beside me.

“Goodnight, Delaney,” he whispered. I felt his hand play with my hair as I drifted to sleep, unconsciously moving closer to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
xo