Never Going Back Again

Ten

Waking up next to Billy this time was much more pleasant. She wasn't in a sour mood like before, the only part of her that was naked was her feet, and Joe wasn't there to beat on her door. She was pressed up against Billy's chest with her face in the crook of his neck and her arms wrapped securely around him. “Hey,” Billy said to her in a husky voice. His facial hair tickled the side of her cheek. “I've got to go.”

“Can I come with you?” She asked him. Billy let out this deep chuckle that would seem so sinister to anyone who didn't know him, but sounded so sweet to Valencia. It warmed her whole body up, making her smile and pull herself closer to him.

“Not this time,” Billy said.

“Are you coming back?” She asked. Billy nodded. “When?”

“As soon as fucking possible,” he sighed. Valencia kissed his neck then pulled away from his to give him a kiss on his lips.

Billy sat up and ran a hand down his face. He picked up his shoes off of the floor and quickly put them on. He still had to go see Bones. He didn't even make an effort to go and see him last night. He was too busy trying to fix things with Valencia. Now he had to hurry before Bones decided to keep his promise. Billy would never forgive himself if he let something to happen to Valencia. He refused to let Bones hurt another person that he cared about.

“Take my keys,” Valencia said to Billy as he reached in his pocket for his pack of cigarettes. “So you can let yourself in. There on the kitchen counter.” Billy nodded. Valencia stood up on her knees in her bed and pulled Billy close to her. She wrapped her arms around his middle and kissed him softly on his lips. “Hurry back, okay.” Billy nodded again and kissed her once more before walking out of her apartment.

Image

“Well look at this,” Bones said as Billy stepped out of his car. “I was just on my way to go see that pretty girl of yours.”

“There's your money,” Billy said handing him a brown bag. “Don't you fucking come near her again,” Bones frowned as he reached behind to the back of his pants and pulled out a gun. He pointed it at Billy like it was nothing. He did it so casually, as if he's done it before.

“You better fucking remember who you're talking to, Nancy,” Bones said. “I ain't afraid to put a bullet in your fucking head. The only reason I haven't done so yet, is because of the business you bring in. Even if it is bullshit business. But test me like that again Billy, and I will fucking kill you.” Billy didn't say anything. He was too pissed off to speak. Bones brought out the worst in him. Just seeing him standing there, breathing and living made his blood boil. He hated him like nothing else in the world.

“Don't come near Valencia,” Billy said again. Bones reached into the bag and began scooping out the scraps of bills.

“Don't take your time paying me again and I won't,” Bones snarled. He tossed the bag back at Billy and began walking towards the shop. “Fucking pansy,” he mumbled. Billy always found himself with his hand on his gun whenever Bones turned his back to him. If Bones were gone, everything would be fine. All his problems would be gone because Bones was his only problem. Bones turned around and looked at Billy. “What the fuck you waitin' for? Get the fuck outta here,” He said. Billy turned around slowly and made his way back to his car. He knew the day he and Bones would brawl was drawing closer. Especially since Bones knew about Valencia. But Billy tried to get the thought of him out of his mind. All he wanted to do now was get back to Valencia.

When he got back to her apartment, he found her still in her bed and fast asleep. He kicked off his shoes and pulled off his shirt before climbing in beside her. She had taken off the pants that she had slept in and was now just in her underwear. “Val,” Billy said into her neck. “Wake up.” Billy took his hand and placed it on her bare thigh.

“What took you so long?” Valencia groaned as she looked over at Billy. She kissed him quickly on the lips. “Did you get everything taken care of?” She asked as she turned on her side and wrapped herself around him. Billy nodded.

“If he comes around here again let me know,” Billy said. Valencia nodded.

“Why do you put up with his shit?” Valencia asked. She knew she had either shocked him or pissed him off. No one has ever flat out asked him why he continued to let Bones treat him like he did. Everyone wanted to know why someone who was feared by so many would let someone constantly degrade and threaten them. “I'm sorry,” Valencia said before he could answer. “I just...” Billy pulled himself away from her and Valencia sat up.

“I don't know how good things are between you and Adalae right now,” Billy said.

“Why are you bringing up Adalae?” Valencia asked.

“We've known each other for a long time, you know. I used to hang out with her brother,” Billy said.

“Billy, why-”

“You know I was with him the night he died right?” Billy asked. Valencia nodded. “Things were better then. Bones was still a prick but we didn't let him get to us. We never listened to him, we just used to run around and do our own shit.”

Valencia looked at Billy, and he was lying there looking off into nothing. He looked so vacant. It scared Valencia. It was scarier than having him point a gun in her face. “What're you trying to tell me Billy?” She asked. Billy looked up at her before looking away again.

“Adalae's brother didn't overdose,” Billy said. “Bones killed him. Because we weren't doing what we were supposed to. He told me that's what I could expect every time someone fucked up,” he said. He looked up at Valencia to see a shocked expression on her face. “That's why I put up with his shit,” he said. “For now at least.”

“You should tell Adalae,” Valencia said.

“I'm not going to fucking tell her that, Valencia,” Billy said looking at her. “And you better not either.”

“I won't,” Valencia said.

“I'm fucking serious, Val. If you say anything-”

“I said I won't Billy,” she huffed. “Is that why you sleep with her?”

“What?” Billy asked.

“You sleep with her because you feel bad about what Bones did to her brother,” Valencia said.

“I stay with her because she has no one else,” Billy said a little defensively.

“Do you think that sleeping with her is going to make everything all better? When she finds out-”

“She's not going to find out.”

If she finds out, then that's going to make everything worse.” Billy furrowed his brows at her. Valencia could feel how angry he was. She could tell that he was trying not to yell at her. Trying not to scream or get violent. But Valencia knew it was coming. Even though Billy tried to keep cool, Valencia knew there was no way to control his temper.

“I fucking know that Valencia!” Billy fumed. “That's why she's not going to find out. Why don't you just stop beating around the bush and say what's really on your fucking mind?!”

“Billy's there-”

“You think I'm still fucking around with Adalae,” Billy said.

“Yes,” Valencia nodded. “You can't fucking blame me for it. I saw you two kissing last night.”

“Why does it fucking matter?” Billy asked. “If it wasn't for Bones showing up at your doorstep, you wouldn't have given me a second thought.”

Valencia looked at him with narrow eyes. He looked calm but his eyes were different. He sat there so, casually, like he knew he was right. He just sat back in her bed looking calm and nonchalant. “I would've thought of you. I have thought of you,” Valencia said. “I do think of you, even though I shouldn't.”

“Why shouldn't you?” Billy sighed.

“You're an asshole for one,” she said. “Plus, my mind never seems to be in the right place with you. You take me out of my element. You're the worst possible thing for me right now, Billy.” Now Valencia was sitting back in her bed looking as calm and nonchalant as Billy. She was satisfied with herself.

Billy smirked at her. It was like everything she just said to him just completely went around him. He reached over and grabbed his pack of cigarettes on her night stand. “You want an apology?” He slipped one into his mouth and reached for his lighter.

“I want something...” Valencia frowned as she pulled the cigarette out of his mouth. She flicked it across the room before he could fix his lips to say something. “You can't smoke in here,” she said.

“What the fuck is your problem?”

“You can't smoke in here,” she repeated.

“And why the fuck not?” He asked frowning back at her.

“This isn't your house,” Valencia smirked. Billy was really starting to get angry now. His nostrils flared and his breathing quickened just a bit. Valencia didn't seem to mind. She still had that smirk on her face as she made herself comfortable next to him.

“Maybe I should go somewhere else then,” Billy said. Valencia shrugged and looked up at him.

“Maybe you should.” Billy set his lighter back down on her night stand and looked down at her. They were both staring at each other so intently. Now she was playing his game. Valencia was so proud of herself for not backing down to him. She was so satisfied with herself, she didn't feel his fingers sliding up and down her back. She didn't even realize that he was pulling her into him. Not until she had her lips on his. He had done it again. He had made her totally forget about whatever it was they were arguing about. He'd done it so easily too. Letting her think that she actually won a fight.

“Billy,” Valencia said panting as she pulled away. She couldn't even get another word out before he slipped his hands under the sheets and began tugging at her underwear. Valencia's breath caught in her throat as Billy's fingers slipped down her thigh. Now she was in that mind fucked state of lust that Billy always put her in. She began unbuttoning his pants and pulling them down roughly with his boxers. “Billy,” Valencia said in a hushed tone as Billy began pulling her shirt over her head.

“What?” He huffed. He unhooked her bra and grabbed her by her hips.

“If we're going to be doing this,” she said. “Then you can't still be messing around with Adalae.” Billy picked her up and placed her in his lip with a sigh.

“You picked a really good fucking time to talk about Adalae, Val,” he said.

“There can't be a me and you if you guys still got something.”

“I'm not worried about Adalae,” Billy said. He placed his hands on her hips as Valencia wrapped her arms around his neck.

“So, there's no more Adalae?” Valencia asked. Billy just grunted a response. “Billy...” Valencia sighed as she let her arms fall to her side.

“Fuck Val, no,” He said. “There's no more fucking Adalae. All right?” Valencia almost smiled as she wrapped her arms around him and gave him a light kiss on his lips.

“All right.”

Image

“Ma, I wish you would stop shoveling food on my plate,” Valencia said with a mouthful of her mother's food. “I'm already full. What're you trying to do?”

“Plump you up so she can eat you!” Valencia looked down to see her little brother bouncing around with a smile on his face.

“I bet that's it.”

“How is school, Valencia?” Her mother asked as she poured Valencia another cup of soda.

“Good,” Valencia lied. Truth is she was struggling. She wasn't the best student to begin with, but since she and Billy had been spending more time together, she let her grades slip. No, more like plunge. She hardly ever went to class, and when she did she never got anything done. Her mind was always somewhere else. It was on Billy. It had only been a month since she and Billy had made up, but so much has happened. Billy was now her life. Everything she did seemed to revolve around him, but it was all by choice. Billy was like a drug to her. When she was with him, she'd always be in a state of euphoria—even during the fights. When he wasn't around she'd lose herself. She'd crash and mope like there was no good in the world.

“That's good, hija,” her mother sighed. “How is Adalae?” Adalae. Valencia hasn't thought about her in a while. She's forced herself not to.

“I don't know Ma,” Valencia answered honestly. “I haven't seen her.”

“Oh.”

“Look,” Valencia said as she began to wipe her mouth wit her napkin. “I've got to go.” She stood up and kissed her mom on the forehead.

“Already?” her mom asked.

“I got to stay on top of my school work,” she lied again.

“Okay,” her mother sighed. “Call us when you get home.”

“I will,” Valencia said. She reached down and picked up her brother. He giggled and squirmed in her arms. She shook his around lightly and gave him a kiss on his forehead as well.

“Can I come with you Val?” He asked in his squeaky little voice.

“Not today,” she said.

“Soon?” He asked. Valencia nodded and gave him another kiss. She set him down on his tiny feet and grabbed the plate that her mother made for her to take home.

“Soon. I promise.”

Image

“Don't you fucking lie to me!” Valencia knew she should've turned around when she heard that angry, harsh tone coming from behind the entrance door of the Four Roses. She knew that tone, that voice. She walked inside anyway, but as soon as she did, she wished she hadn't. There he was. Her life, her world, her new best friend. He had his hand around some man's neck, pinning him down onto the bar with his gun steadily placed at the man's temple.

“I'm not lyin' Billy,” the man said. He had his hands up. His whole body was shaking. “I swear. I was jumped, man. They took all my fuckin' money.”

“Val.” Valencia looked towards the end of the bar to see Joe, Bodie, and the rest of the guys all looking in her direction. “Get your ass over here,” Bodie hissed. Valencia noticed his eyes flicker in Billy's direction. She did the same and caught Billy staring at her. His nostrils flared and Valencia could see his hand slowly starting to shake. He turned his glare from her and put it back on the man in front of him.

“You've got until tomorrow night,” he growled. “If you're not back here by then,” he said. “I'm coming for you. And you don't want me comin' to look for you.” Valencia flinched at his words. He sounded so much like Bones it frightened her. “Now get the fuck out of here,” Billy said. The man nodded and thanked Billy as he scurried out of the bar. Billy looked over at Valencia with the same agitated stare he gave that man. He walked over to her with his gun still in his hand. “What the fuck you doing here Val?”

“What do you mean what am I doing here?” She asked as she looked down at his gun. Billy continued to stare at her. Valencia was here just as often as Billy was. He never liked her there though. Too many people knew about his gangs' little bar. Anybody could just walk in. He didn't want people knowing about Valencia. He didn't want her to get hurt. “Billy...?”

Billy didn't say anything else to her. He pushed past her like she was one of his boys. Valencia didn't turn around to see him walk out of the bar. She just walked over to the table in the back of the bar. She sat down in the empty seat next to Joe. “Maybe you should just stay home from now on,” Joe said as he pushed a drink in front of her. As usual Valencia didn't even look down at it. It would sit there until she decided to leave.

“What was that all about?” She asked.

“He owes Bones money,” Bodie said. He picked up his drink and chugged it like it was water. “You shouldn't be here,” he said looking up at Valencia.

“Why not?” She asked. “Why all of a sudden am I not allowed here?”

“Billy's in a bad mood,” Spink said.

“When isn't he in a bad mood?” Joe asked quietly.

“Something happen today?” Valencia asked. She looked around the table and noticed everyone looking in different directions. “Joe?” She asked. Joe just shrugged and buried his face in his cup. “Bodie?”

Bodie looked at her with a grim expression on his face. “Nothing you need to concern yourself with.” Before Valencia could reply the entrance doors to the bar swung open. Billy walked through looking more pissed off than he did five minutes ago. He took long, angry strides towards the table, and stopped in front of Valencia and Joe. He leaned down towards Joe, his jaw tight.

“Get her the fuck out of here,” he growled. Joe looked at Valencia, who looked like she was crumbling on the spot, before looking back at his brother.

“What?” Valencia said. Billy looked at her before looking back at Joe.

“She's fucking outside. Get her out of here.” Joe finally understood. He got up from the table quickly and walked outside. Valencia immediately knew who he was talking about when she caught a glimpse of flowing blond hair.

Adalae.

“What is she doing here?” Valencia asked to herself more than to him.

“What do you think?” Billy asked as he sat down. At the same time he sat down everyone at the table started to get up. They all found something else to do so that Billy and Valencia could have some time to themselves.

They were both silent for a second. Billy sat there looking towards the entrance, as if he was expecting her to barge in, while Valencia watched him. She didn't want to say anything until he said something first. She could see how upset he was and she didn't want to piss him off anymore. After a few long seconds, he turned and looked at her. “Are you going to drink that?” He asked nodding towards the glass in front of her.

“Do I ever?” She sighed. Billy snatched it up and drank quickly. Valencia moved her chair closer to his and brought her hand up to the back of his neck. Billy sighed as she began to caress it lightly.

“I don't like it when you're here Val,” he said. Valencia frowned.

“I haven't seen you all day Billy. I missed you,” she said quietly.

“You have to leave,” he said. Valencia snatched her hand away from his neck and sneered.

“I love how you tell me what I'm going to do Billy,” she said sarcastically. Billy just shrugged. “Ugh,” Valencia groaned. “I hate you when you're like this.”

“Then leave.”

“What's wrong with you Billy?” Valencia asked. “Is it Bones? Is it Adalae? What's got you so fucking wound up to make you act like such a dick?” Billy didn't say anything. He just put his head back and closed his eyes. “Is it me?” He looked at Valencia for a minute before looking back towards the door as Joe stepped inside. He shook his head as he sat back down at the table.

“She finally left,” Joe said. “She wanted to talk to you,” he said nodding towards Valencia.

“Me?” Valencia asked. “Why me?” Joe looked at Billy, almost like he was asking for permission. Billy glared at him. “What did she want Joe?” Joe looked back at her but didn't say anything. Valencia frowned and stood up. “Damn it Billy! I'm sick of you keeping stuff from me,” she hissed. “What did she want?!” When Billy didn't answer, Valencia groaned. “Fine, I'll go ask her myself.” Valencia turned to walk away but Billy grabbed her wrist.

“You're not going anywhere,” Billy said pulling her down into her seat.

“Now you want me to stay?” Valencia asked. Joe got up from his seat and walked over to Heco. “I don't want to stay Billy,” she huffed. “Now, I want to leave.”

“Fine,” Billy said. “But you're not going to talk to Adalae.” Valencia huffed in defeat. She put her head down and tried her hardest to control the fit she was about to have. She bit down on her lip which was starting to tremble and closed her eyes. Billy looked at her and let out the same defeated huff. “Don't,” he sighed. “Don't start that.” Valencia sniffed and looked away from him. She saw Joe looking at her. He had that same sympathetic look on his face he did the night she and Adalae came into the bar looking for his older brother. “Don't cry,” he said turning towards her. His voice was soft but his face was still hard, his eyes still cold.

“What does she want?” Valencia asked. “What aren't you telling me?”

“Valencia, I will-” he stopped mid sentence and sighed. “Look at me Val,” he said. Valencia wiped away the few tears that were making there way to her cheeks. “Look at me.” He let that cold hearted authority seep into his voice. When Valencia didn't look at him, he grabbed the legs of her seat and swiftly turned them to make her face him. She gasped, nearly falling out of her chair. “Don't ignore me Val,” he said quietly. There was no point for him to be discreet now, half of the bar was looking in their direction. “We'll talk about it tonight all right?” Valencia still didn't say anything. She turned her head towards the wall and let her hands fall in her lap. Billy made this intimidating noise and he grabbed her chin. He jerked her face in his direction with more force than needed and made her look at him. “All right?” He asked a little louder. Valencia tried to pull her face away, but it only made him grab her harder. She let out a whimper as he squeezed harder.

“Billy,” Bodie said from his spot at the bar. He stood next to Joe, both of them had unreadable looks on their faces. “Chill man.”

“You better fucking answer me,” he said to Valencia.

“All right,” Valencia said after she took a deep breath. Billy pulled her face towards his and kissed her roughly on her lips. Then he pushed her away and sat back in his chair.

“That's more like it.” In a matter of seconds, Valencia eyes spilled over with tears and her face contorted into something that resembled pain and anger. Her lip trembled as she ran her hand along her now sore chin. Her hand trembled. That was the first time Billy had ever done anything like that to her. It was the first time anybody has done anything like that to her.

She only knew one way to react.

She stood up and brought her trembling hand down as hard as she could across Billy's cheek. There was this deafening smacking sound. All his boys around the bar stood up. Valencia cursed at him as she began to walk off. “That fucking bitch!” Billy said as he turned around, ready to reach out and pull her back. Before he got a handful of her hair, all his boys were at his side.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” Bodie asked Valencia as he ushered her out of the bar.

“What's wrong with me?” Valencia asked harshly. “Did you see what he fucking did to me in there?” She was sobbing, struggling very hard to catch her breath. Bodie shook his head with a smug smile on his face as he opened her car door.

“You sure did get him good,” he said. Valencia brought her hands up to fer face as soon as her butt hit the seat.

“What did I do to him to make him treat me the way he did?” She sobbed into her hands. Bodie shook his head again.

“It's not you... I mean, it wasn't you. It was Adalae.”

“What does she want?!” Valencia yelled. Bodie shrugged.

“You're gonna have to ask one of them.” Valencia nodded as she shut her car door. She was going to ask one of them eventually, but right now all she wanted to do was go to her mother's house and cry.

Image

“What's wrong with your face Val?” Armondo asked in his tiny little voice. Before Valencia could croak out a lie her mother saw her. There were already marks around her chin. By morning her jaw will be purple.

Hija!” Her mother said. “What happened to you?” Valencia's lip trembled again as she crumbled into her mother's arms in a mess of sobs and tears. Her mom wrapped her arms around her and started to sob with her also. Her little brother looked up at the only two women in his life and wrapped his arms around their legs.

“Who did this to you Valencia?” Her mother asked through her own sobs. Valencia didn't say anything at all, she just held on to her mother tighter.

Image

Valencia didn't remember how she made it home. She knew she drove herself, but she was really awake for any of it. She was in a zombie like state until she slammed on her brakes in panic. She was at the entrance of her apartment complex, but even from there, she could see Billy's car. She could see him. He was leaning against his car with his hands in the pockets of his long trench coat. From here, Valencia could see the bright burning cherry of the cigarette he had dangling from his lips. “He's going to notice you sooner or later,” she said to herself. Then she saw the cigarette fall from his lips.

As if he had heard her, Billy looked in the direction of her car. He stood up straight and took his hands out of his pockets. For a second he looked like he was going to walk in her direction. But he didn't. He leaned back on his car and waited. “Shit,” she said as she slowly began to move forward. She parked her car on the other side of the lot—far away from him. When she got out, she could hear him muttering things to himself. She didn't even want to make out what he was saying. She figured he was trying to find different ways to hurt her.

At her apartment complex, there are two staircases one on the far right, and one on the left. Billy was closes to the one on the right, but she parked next to the one on the left. Without hesitation, she began walking up the one of the left. She didn't even glance in Billy's direction, but she heard him cursing to himself as he began walking up the other one. Her apartment was closer to Billy, so she quickened her steps. Billy didn't seem to notice, or he didn't care. Valencia got to her apartment before Billy did, but she had to unlock it. It doesn't matter if I even get inside, she thought. Billy could easily kick the door open, break a window, he could do just about anything that crossed his mind. Realizing that running from him was a lost cause, Valencia just stood there waiting for him.

He seemed to walk faster when he noticed that she wasn't going anywhere. Valencia didn't look at him when he stepped in front of her. She just leaned back against her door. “Did you talk to Adalae?” He asked her. Valencia shook her head. Billy leaned against her door also as he stared at her. “Well, where were you then?” Valencia looked up at him with a frown on her damaged face. She noticed Billy flinch when he caught sight of the light bruises that he had given her.

“I was with my mom,” she said harshly. “I'm sorry I didn't check with you first.” Now Billy frowned. His was much more intimidating than hers.

“Don't fucking start Val,” he said. Valencia put her head down and cursed quietly. Billy grabbed her chin, much more gently than earlier, making her look at him. This time she was able to snatch her face away from his grasp.

“Don't touch me,” she said just before biting down on her lip. She found her house keys and tried to open her door.

“Can I come in?” He asked. Valencia now shot him one of the looks he frequently gave her.

“Was that a fucking joke?” She asked. She waited, hoping that he would admit to his dumb question. “I don't want you in my house Billy,” she fumed. “I don't want to be in the same city as you...” Valencia's breathing became erratic as she started to get angry. She was going to start crying again. “Damn it Billy,” she sighed as her eyes began to water. He reached for her, but she backed away. Billy let his arm fall with an audible sigh.

“I'm sorry Valencia,” he sighed.

“No you're not,” Valencia huffed. “You don't fucking think Billy. You let your temper get the best of you. You could care less about other people feelings. You don't care who you hurt,” she said as she touched her chin. “I've been nothing but good to you Billy, and for you to put your hands on my like you did today...” she let her voice trail off as she stared at him, trying to read his expression. “You hurt me today Billy,” she cried. “You've hurt me in a way I've never been hurt before.” Billy jaw got tight and he clenched his fist. It didn't go unnoticed. Valencia shook her head and sighed. “Now you're pissed off again,” she said. “Look at yourself Billy. What're are you going to do to me this time?” She asked. “Hit me?”

Billy wasn't mad at her, he was upset with himself. Everything she was saying was the truth and it was pissing him off. She was good to him. She'd done more for him in the last month than he would ever be able to do for her. He knew what he did back at the bar was wrong, but again, Valencia was right. He let his temper always get the best of him. Another trait he wish he hadn't inherited from Bones. That's what was really pissing him off. The fact that he was turning into him. He was doing the same thing Bones did to his mother and everyone else around him. “I'm sorry Val,” he said again as he unclenched his fist. “I shouldn't have done... what I did today,” he said.

“How do I know it's not going to happen again?” Valencia asked. “How do I know it's not going to be worse?” Billy couldn't think of a bad answer to that. He had no idea how things would play out for them later. “You're just as clueless as I am,” Valencia said as she finally opened her front door. She looked at Billy once more before stepping inside. “Goodnight Billy,” she said. She tried to close her door, but Billy stopped her.

“Val, let me in,” he said. “Please.” Valencia bit down on her lip again. His face was soft, his eyes were pleading, and his voice was pleasant. This is what the drug was like when it felt good to her. No matter how many times she got that high feeling Billy gave her, she still knew that underneath those boyish features he was a monster. He was the worst kind of drug there was, he was ruining her life, but she couldn't get enough of him.
She was just as much of a junkie as Adalae was.

“Please,” he said again. Valencia sighed and opened her door a little bit to let him come in. Before she even got a chance to close the door, Billy had his arms around her waist.

“Billy,” she sighed as pushed the door close. His lip touched the back of her neck as his hands grabbed onto her hips.

“I'm sorry,” he said again. She felt Billy's chest against her back as he brought he released her waist and brought his arms around her tighter. She caved into him. Letting her body mold with his as she tried to not cry. “Do you hate me Val?” He asked against her neck. She couldn't speak. She didn't trust her voice. She just shook her head. Billy's tongue traced her ear before he nipped at it lightly. He loosen his grip on her and stood up straight. “Look at me,” he said. This time Valencia did what he said. She stood there staring up at his gorgeous face and wondered how he could be treating her like some rare jewel now. She wondered how he could let himself be so cruel. Billy brought his hand up to her neck and let his fingers get tangled into her dark locks as he leaned down as pressed his lips to her own. Valencia brought her hands up to his face as she parted her lips. Billy wrapped his other arm around her and pulled her closer to him. He pulled his lips away from hers for a second to rest his forehead against her own. “I'm sorry,” he said for the hundredth time. “I love you, all right?” He heard the sharp in take of breath Valencia took and couldn't help but feel somewhat joyful. Valencia nodded.

“I love you too,” she whispered to him. She felt Billy take her bottom lip between his teeth and began to nip at it playfully before skimming his lips down to her bruised chin. He kissed it from left to right and then back again.

“I'm sorry,” he whispered.

“Stop,” Valencia said as she felt the urge to cry again. Billy did for a small moment before he reached for her hand and began pulling her towards her bedroom.

He held, touched, and kissed her like he had always done, but this time he tried not to be so rough. When the were both naked from the waist up, Billy turned her around and kissed the back of her neck again. Valencia let out a quiet, womanly moan as one of his hands ran down the front of her body. “Billy,” she breathed. “Stop.” This time he didn't listen, and she didn't mind. She felt his fingers dancing along her bare torso as it jumped beneath his fingers. He kept one of his arms around her as his other hand began unbuttoning her jeans. Valencia became embarrassed as he breathing got louder. It was ragged like she had been doing sprints. It sounded more like gasps than anything else. Billy put his hand down the front of her jeans and kissed her neck as he felt her body jolt with pleasure against his fingers.

This time when she breathed it did come out as a gasp. “No Billy,” she said. “Please stop.” She tried to resist, closing her legs, but it only made it that much better.

Billy didn't listen. He let his tongue trace patterns on her neck as he felt her hips move against his fingers more desperately. She wanted him to stop, to pull away from her because she couldn't do it herself. Right now, Billy was a tall, cold glass of water and she was a resident of hell. She could move away from him even if she had the will to. She brought her arm up and wrapped it around his neck as she turned her head to look at him. He removed himself from her neck and placed his lip on hers. “Please Billy,” she said into their kiss. “Please stop.” He said nothing as she moved against him again. She moaned again as her muscle tightened. She felt herself pushing her hips against his fingers a little faster. She hadn't even noticed she was doing it until she felt her legs began to tremble. “Oh Billy,” she whispered in a gasp as her whole body stiffened for a moment and then began to shake uncontrollably. That's when he knees gave out and she began to slip. She let her arm fall at her sides as she tried to get her breathing back to normal. Billy wrapped both arms around her and turned her around to face him. He held her close, practically dragging her spent body to the bed. He laid her on top of her sheets and began tugging at her pants. It wasn't before they were both naked. He leaned down to kiss her as her heavy arms managed to snake around his neck.

“Give me a minute, okay?” She asked him. He nodded just before kissing her softly. Her breathing still wasn't back to normal and her body was still shaking. Everything Billy did was so intense. Whether it was hurting her or making her feel as good as possible. “Don't do that again,” she said in a tired voice. Billy almost smiled, proud of himself. “I mean it,” she breathed. “Unless I ask you to.” This time Billy did smile, and she did too.

Valencia wondered how long this happiness was going to last. Billy was asking himself the same question. Because he knew it wouldn't be long before she found out the truth about him and Adalae.