Never Going Back Again

Six

Valencia finally managed to figure out that Joe, the asshole with a big mouth, was Billy's younger brother. She learned, in the few minutes she spent in the car with the two, that they cared for each other. Joe hung on every word Billy told him. Billy was much like his father than anything else. Even though it was wrong, Valencia began feeling very jealous of Joe. The way Billy was talking to him made Valencia very envious of him. She wanted Billy to talk to her with such love and care. God, she thought. I'd give anything for that.

"Hey," Valencia snapped back to reality and looked towards Billy. "You hear me?" He asked her. She didn't say anything. "Stay in the car all right?" Valencia nodded and watched as Billy and Joe stepped out of the car. They were at an old abandoned building.

"Billy," she said before he closed his door.

"Don't worry," he said with a subtle smile. "I'll be back in a minute." Valencia nodded and leaned back into her seat. The two boys walked up the steps of the building. Both of their walks were intimidating and alluring. Valencia wanted to get out the car and follow them, but feared what Billy might do to her. He gave her one last glance over his shoulder as he and Joe walked inside. Valencia sighed as she leaned back into the leather seats. She wondered why Billy had given her that informal invitation back at Adalae's house. She was grateful though.

Billy kept his promise. He was back outside just as quick as he got in. But now he had a group of men with him. The same people from the party. "Shit," Valencia said to herself.
"I'm riding with Spink, Billy," Joe said. "There some shit we gotta talk about." Valencia watched in anticipation.

"What the fuck do you have to talk about Joe?" Billy asked. He looked in the direction of the other man with one of his death glares. "Spink?"

"Nothin' Billy," Spink said. Valencia looked at him. She looked at them all. They all scared the hell out of her, but they were all feeble compared to Billy.

"You pullin' some shit on the side Joe?" Billy asked.

"No, nothin' like that Billy," Joe said. "Just chill, I'll let you know later, all right?" Billy didn't say another word to anybody. He just got into the driver seat motioned for Valencia to move up front with him. She crawled over the seat and made herself comfortable in the spot next to him. She quickly glanced at him, and noticed that he was looking down at her. He didn't look away, like she wanted too. He just stared at her. She matched his glare, trying her hardest not to look away or even blink. She did want to smile. They were so close to each other. If she just moved her hand over a little bit, it would be touching his. But she couldn't bring herself to do it. Not even a light, innocent touch. Billy was so unpredictable, she didn't want to do anything without his permission.

"You still got that stuff I gave you?" He asked after their staring contest. Valencia looked out the window and blushed.

"Mmhmm," She nodded still looking away. The feeble men outside were still standing around conversing. Most were smoking. They all looked dirty. "What is this pla-" Valencia sucked in a sharp breath and looked down before looking over at Billy. Her cheeks were bright red she finally processed what Billy was doing.

He was now turned in a his seat towards her. He had one hand on her knee, and the other was slowly pulling her shirt up. Not here, she thought. Not with people around. He lifted her shirt up jut bellow her belly button, and unbuttoned her jeans. Valencia couldn't help that fact that her breathing became erratic. She couldn't help that her hands were shaking and her palms were getting sweaty. She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Nothing but her ragged breathing. She looked out the window towards the group of men as Billy's hand trekked deeper down her pants. She noticed that the men were staring at the car. How embarrassing, she thought. She closed her eyes and bit down on her lip, hoping that they would look away. Billy had found what he was looking for, but still his hand lingered. The worst part of it is, she was liking it. Her legs began to tremble in the way only he could make them. You're liking this. You're going to hell.

She let out a whimper of protest as his hand slowly came back into view. She heard Billy let out a gust of air, almost like a laugh. She opened her eyes to see him buttoning her pants and pulling down her shirt. Before she had a chance to pretend to be mad, he was turned in his seat with his hand back on the wheel. One of the feeble men were making their way towards the car. He walked like the rest of them, with uncontrollable arrogance. He had a malicious smile, that was similar to Billy's when he was handing out death threats. "Bodie," Billy said as the man leaned against the car. "Here, take care of this." Billy handed him the stuff that was stuffed securely down Valencia's pants a minute before. Bodie looked at it, before turning his gaze on Valencia.

"What you doin' with her Billy?" He asked. His eyes still on Valencia. Billy just shrugged. "Whatever, man. Four Roses then?"

"Four Roses," Billy nodded. Bodie looked over at the guys and nodded.

"Hop in the back," Bodie said to Valencia. She looked at Billy, who was already starting his car up.
"No," Billy said to Bodie. "All of you are riding in there." He nodded towards the other car parked a few feet away.

"How are we all going to fit in there?" Bodie asked, wide-eyed.

"Fuck if I know," Billy said. "I don't care if you have to sit on Heco's lap. Just get to the Four Roses." With that, Billy took off. Valencia was happy she didn't have to share her ride with someone else. The ride with Joe was enough to make her green. The only things she had to worry about with Billy was the maddening silence that followed one of his moods. "You were going to ask me something," Billy said. "Before you got all red in the face." He looked at her a sickening grin that turned her into pudding.

"Th-that place, we were just at... what was it?" She stuttered. Her voice came out a little scratchy, like she had just ran a mile. Billy didn't say anything for a few seconds. Valencia thought she pissed him off.

"It's... my place of business," he said, driving through a red light.

"You cook there?" Valencia guessed, sneaking a peek at his face. Billy kind of smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, we cook there," he said. "I keep forgetting you're not as dumb as you seem."

"Thanks," Valencia snorted.

"Get me a cigarette?" He nodded towards the pack lying on the dashboard. Valencia grabbed the pack and pulled out a cigarette. She tried to hand it to him, but he shook his head and licked his lips. Jesus Christ, she though. I'm in Heaven. She leaned over a bit and slip the cigarettes between his soft lips, her hand barely grazing them. Her heart began to flutter when she noticed his eyes on her. "You gonna light it?" He mumbled, trying to keep the cigarette in his mouth. Valencia wondered why he so desperately needed her to put it in his mouth and light it. It's not like he cared about his driving. But, none the less, she got his lighter and lit it for him. She watched him like he was her favorite movie as he inhaled. He pulled the cigarette out of his mouth and blew the smoke out with an exaggerated sigh. "How long have you known Adalae?" He asked her. Adalae. It seemed like years since she seen her last, but it hasn't even been two hours. Valencia hasn't even thought about Adalae. Some friend I am.

"Since I was seventeen," she said. "She was the first person to talk to me when I moved here." Valencia looked out her window. "You knew her brother right?"

Again Billy was quiet. It scared her. She didn't like it when he didn't talk. She'd always fear that she'd upset him somehow. "Yea, I knew him. The only guy to ever ask me to date his sister," he said with a smile.

"So you guys did go out," Valencia said more to herself than him.

"Not exactly," Billy added. "He asked me to. She was in love with me or something." He said it like he didn't even care, like it didn't matter to him. "So, I'd take her out with me, like I'm doing with you now, every now and then. We fooled around quite a bit too, but we never dated."

"Maybe you should tell her that." It came out cattier than intended. Valencia didn't want him to think she was jealous. She wasn't. She just felt that this was Adalae's thing, not hers.

"Should I?" Billy asked as he blew out some smoke.

"She's still... into you," Valencia said.

Billy shrugged. She expected that response. "That's too bad for her," he said. "Because I'm taken." What?! Valencia had to bite her lip to keep her thoughts from coming out of her mouth. Since when was he taken? He's lying. He has to be. No taken man would have his hand down some other girl's pants, even if it was to retrieve something that he cooked up.

"Yeah?" Val asked as calmly as possible. Billy nodded. "Good... for you." She looked out her window again and mentally beat herself up. She didn't even know the menacing smile on Billy's face.

"So," he said. "You want me to take you back to Adalae's?" He asked. "Or do you think you can toughen up for a little bit and come with me?"

"Where are you going?"

"A bar," he said. "To celebrate."

"Celebrate what?" Valencia asked.

"Maybe I'll tell you... one day."