Never Going Back Again

Eight

“So guess who came by late last night and decided they wanted to do the right thing,” Adalae smirked as she lit a cigarette. Valencia already knew who. Adalae has been trying to talk about Billy since Valencia pulled up in front of her apartment. Valencia wanted to talk about him. God, did she want to. But she feared that she would tell Adalae everything. She was already hiding so much.

“Who Adalae?” Valencia sighed.

“Billy,” she said as she blew out her smoke. “He comes by and says he just wants to talk, and we did... at first.” They way Adalae was looking at Valencia suggested that she wouldn't want to hear it, but Adalae was going to tell her anyway. Whatever she was about to say was making her happy. More than happy. Hell she was fucking glowing. “He tells me he doesn't want to me end up like Davey,” she scoffed. Her glow disappearing for just a second. “Then tells me he won't be selling to me anymore.”

“What'd you do?” Valencia asked.

“Nothing for a while,” she said, taking another long drag from her cigarette. She making this longer than it need to be. This was all for dramatic affect. “I was still pretty messed up from earlier.” She pointed to her eyes and kind of smiled. “I'm still a bit loopy from that shit. I haven't slept in fucking three days.” Valencia knew the aftermath of drugs, but she couldn't imagine anyone staying up for three days straight. She felt a little uncomfortable hearing Adalae talking about it so freely. “So, it took me a while to process what he said.”

“And when you did?”

“I fucking lost it. I was screaming, and throwing stuff. I would've hit him too, but I'm not that stupid.”

“Maybe... it was for the best,” Valencia said. “I mean, you don't want to end up like your brother do you?” Valencia didn't know what to expect after she said it. Adalae didn't even look at her. She put her head down and looked at the cigarette in between her fingers.

“I couldn't end up like Davey even if I tried,” she said. Her lip began to tremble just before she took a deep breath and looked up at Valencia. “And believe me, I've tried.” Valencia never really knew Adalae's brother. She met him once, a few weeks after she and Adalae started hanging out. He had that same dazed look that Adalae has whenever she's fucked out of her mind on God knows what. The only difference between the two siblings were how they took it. For Adalae, it's up the nose. For Davey, it was straight to the veins. “But enough of all that.” She waved her hand in front of her face as if she were swatting away her thoughts. “I haven't got to the good part yet.” There's more? Valencia thought sarcastically. She had to refrain from sighing. “He finally got me to calm down. Told me it was for my own good. Then he said, and these were his exact words.” Adalae stopped to let a vicious smile spread across her face. “I love you Adalae, and I don't want to lose you.” What?! Those words aren't even in Billy's vocabulary. Those words are in his least likely to say list¾right next to thank you. Adalae had to be making this up.

“Really?” Valencia asked. She was trying her hardest not laugh and put out Adalae's cigarette in her eye.

“That's not all though,” Adalae said.

“God, will you spit it out already?” Valencia didn't mean to say this. It just spewed from her mouth before her brain had a chance to control it. It didn't bother Adalae though. In fact, her smile grew just a little bit more. She put out her cigarette in the small glass ash tray sitting on the table and closed her eyes.

“He kissed me,” she gushed. “Oh God did he kiss me. It was wonderful, Val.” She leaned back and let her body melt into the sofa. “We made out here, on the sofa, for what seemed like hours, before we went in the back... and it was so hot.” Valencia was quiet for the longest time. She couldn't string a sentence together if she tried. The only words she could think of were words you should never say to a friend. But she was starting to wonder if Adalae could be given such a title.

“Bitch,” She said in a tone that shocked her. Adalae just raised her brows.

“Jealous?” Beyond belief.

“No,” Valencia lied. “You think I like Billy?”

Adalae shrugged. “To some extent.”

“Well, you're wrong.”

“I could be,” Adalae said nodding. “But I doubt I am.”

“What makes you so sure?”

“I've seen it all before,” she said. “Hell, he's done it to me.” Adalae looked down as she remembered past encounters with Billy. “You think just because you've got that mark on your neck, you're a couple.” Valencia was happy Adalae wasn't looking at her, because her jaw was scraping against the floor. She brought her hand up to her neck as if she were trying to hide it. “I've had a few of those from him too. It doesn't mean shit except he's almost done with you.” Adalae looked up now, hoping to catch a flicker of belief in Valencia's eyes. “I'm not saying this to hurt you,” she said. “I just thought I should let you know. I don't want you to run off track for someone like Billy. You don't deserve that, but me...” Adalae smirked. “I've been off track since birth, and I can't possibly get any lower than this.”

“All right,” Valencia sighed after a few minutes of silence. She put her head down. Now, she felt like shit. “I take back that bitch.” Adalae laughed.

“It may have seemed like I was upset yesterday... jealous even. But I was only trying to look out for you,” Adalae smiled. “Billy's nothing to me but a... a good lay.” Now they both were laughing. Valencia found it hard to believe that just a few minutes ago she was questioning her friendship with Adalae. Adalae wouldn't lie to her, she was candid with everybody about everything. There was no reason she would stop now.

Their laughter stopped though when they heard a knock at her door. There was no doubt in either of their minds that it was Billy. “Seriously Val,” Adalae said as she walked towards the door. “Find someone that fits you. Billy doesn't fit you at all.” Adalae opened the door and stood back. Billy walked in without so much as a hi to her.

“I need my things Adalae,” he said. Then his eyes fell on Valencia, and everything about him softened. Everything Adalae told her went flying out the door. “Hurry,” he said. Adalae nodded and went back to her room. Billy came over and sat as closely as he could to Valencia. Without any warning, he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled himself down to her ear. “I told her I was going to stop,” he whispered. His facial hair tickled her neck and made her giggle like a prepubescent school girl. “Just like you asked me to.”

“I know,” Valencia said. Now she was practically in his lap, and her hands were resting on his muscular arms. “Thank you.” She was surprised by how comfortable she felt here. It was like she fit, it was like he was made just for her.

“Now, I need you to do me a favor,” he said.

“What?” He pulled himself away from Valencia's ear and brought his lips down on her own. She expected his kiss to be much like him: hard, rough, scary, and mildly unpleasant. They weren't. His kisses weren't anything like him. They were soft, loving, breath taking, movie type kisses. The kind that made women fall to their knee's, in more ways than one. But she had a feeling she experienced this all before, she just couldn't remember it. And his hands... boy, did he know how to use them. One snaked up around the back of her neck and gently tugged at her dark, flowing hair. And now her hands gently held his face, caressing his cheeks with her thumbs.

When they finally pulled away, their lips made this wonderful smacking sound that sent Valencia giggling again. “Was that it?” She asked in a breathless tone. Billy shook his head and gave her another kiss on her now beet red lips.

“I need a place to stay,” he said. Valencia nodded. She didn't wait for him to ask her. He didn't need to.

“I don't mind,” she smiled.

“I knew you wouldn't,” Billy said before planting another kiss on her lips. He brought his hand from behind her neck and let it trail down the front of her shirt. Valencia's whole body quivered in a way it hasn't before, and a quiet moan passed between her lips. “Shh,” Billy smiled, almost laughing. “Save that for later.” He removed her from his lap and placed her next to him. “I need one more favor,” he said.

“Whatever it is-”

“Joe's got to stay with me,” Billy said. That was enough to knock the lust right out of her. She wanted him to herself, but if this was the only way she could have him...

“He can stay too,” Valencia said nodding. Billy kissed her once more before pulling away from her completely.

“Here Billy,” Adalae said as she walked out the room. She set down Billy's gun—the one he threatened Valencia with—on the table in front of them.

“Damn it Adalae,” Billy roared as he grabbed his gun. He wiped it down with his shirt as he stared at Adalae. “How many fucking times have I told you not to touch it?” He asked.

“Sorry,” she said.

“I don't want to see you get put away because of me.”

“Because you love me, right?” Her words were like acid. They ate at everything in the room. Her glare was just as vicious. Billy stood up and tucked his gun in the waistband of his jeans.

“I've got things to do,” Billy said as he walked towards the door.

“You comin' back?” Adalae asked.

“I've got a place to stay.” Valencia tried not to look at Billy when he said it, and she tried not to look guilty when Adalae looked in her direction.

“I have to see my mom,” Valencia said as she stood up. She walked over to Adalae and gave her a quick hug. Billy began walking towards his car.

“I hope he's worth it Val,” Adalae said. Valencia couldn't answer. She just nodded and began walking towards her car. She didn't bother looking back. Not until she heard Adalae's door slam shut. Leaving with Billy probably felt like Valencia was slapping Adalae right across the face.

“She'll get over it,” Billy said. He was leaning against Valencia's car with a small smile on his lips. “I've got to go do some things, and uh, get Joe.”

“Okay,” Valencia said nodding.

“I'll come by later.”

“I've got to see my mom, anyway,” she said. “I won't be long, so...”

“Don't worry about it,” Billy said. “Stay as long as you want I know you missed a visit to your mom's house and-”

“How did you know that?” Valencia asked. Billy wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Valencia looked up at Adalae's apartment, making sure she wasn't peeping out of her window, before looking back at Billy. He leaned down and kissed her feverishly. Every inch of Valencia's body was pressed against his, but she was still trying to pull him closer to her. She didn't even mind that he used his lips to change the subject.

“I'll be by later on tonight,” he said against her lips. “I promise.” Valencia nodded as they pulled apart from each other. She turned to get into her car, but Billy stopped her to give her a kiss on her cheek. Valencia's heart just about stopped. That wasn't something Billy would do. A kiss on the cheek was a just because kind of gesture. Something she never thought Billy would be capable of. Billy's kisses seemed to be straight to the point: lips, tongues, and a whole lot of groping. But a kiss on the cheek... “See you soon,” he said as he closed Valencia's door.

Image

People say that anticipation is half the fun. It wasn't fun for Valencia. It was killing her. Here she is, sitting with her mom, trying her hardest to listen to what she was saying. But she can't. Billy is the only thing on her mind. She couldn't wait to go home. She couldn't wait for Billy to get there. She couldn't wait to wrap her arms around him and have him do the same. “Hija,” her mother said. “You're blushing.” Valencia bit down on her lip and looked down.

“I think I gotta go, Ma,” Valencia whispered. Her mother nodded and gave her a kiss on her forehead. She told her she loved her and sent her on her way with a plate of food that was sure to add ten pounds.

Valencia couldn't drive fast enough to her apartment. Her speed didn't make a difference though. When she got there, Billy's car wasn't in sight. “I'll get to catch up some work then,” She sighed to herself. She's been slacking since the day she met Billy. As soon as she got inside she pulled out all her text books and notes and began looking over everything she's missed in the past couple of days. It took her a while, to get back in gear, but eventually she managed to fall right back in place. Just not for too long. To say that she was upset when she heard someone knocking at her door would be a lie. She couldn't get to the door fast enough. Nearly broke her neck. When she opened the door, her heart sank. “Joe...”

“Thanks for letting me stay here,” he said as he walked inside. “I was a bit surprised when Billy said you were okay with it. I was pretty sure you drank yourself into a coma.” Valencia must've looked like a deer in headlights. “Billy's out in the car on the phone with Tommy,” he said.

“Oh,” was all Valencia could manage to say.

“So I guess I'm sleeping on the couch?” Joe asked.

“Unless you prefer the bathtub,” Valencia said.

“I'll take the couch.”

“You hungry?” Valencia asked. “My mom made me a ton of food that I can't eat by myself. It's in the fridge if you want some.” She walked over to the hall closet and got Joe a thick quilt and a pillow. “Let me know if you-”

“World history?” Valencia looked over to see Billy holding one of her textbooks. He removed his eyes from her book and settled them on her. “You takin' history?” He asked almost surprised. Valencia nodded and handed Joe the pillow and quilt. Billy looked at Joe as he sat back on the sofa and turned on Valencia's television. “Where do I sleep?” Billy asked her, knowing damn well he already knew the answer.

“She says her tub is pretty comfortable,” Joe said.

“Come on,” she said to Billy, motioning for him to follow her. “I'll show you were you'll sleep.”

She heard Joe let out a little laugh. “Sleep. Yeah, right.” Then she heard a loud smacking sound. She looked over her shoulder to see Joe rubbing the back of his head.

“He's only here for the night,” Billy said. “He'll stay with his girlfriend tomorrow.”

“Why can't he stay with her tonight?” Valencia wished she didn't say it after it came out of her mouth. Luckily Billy didn't seem to mind. He actually began to smile.

“Her fiancée is home,” Billy laughed. All of them are so scandalous.

“Wow,” Valencia laughed. “I wish that surprised me.”

When they finally reached her room, Billy closed the door. “It hasn't changed in the past couple of days,” he smiled. “The pile of clothes just got a bit bigger.” Valencia knew Billy was going to come over, so why didn't she at least clean up a bit, maybe make her bed?

“Sorry,” she said.

“For what?” Billy asked.

“I could've at least-” Before she knew it, Billy had swept her up in his arms. Valencia wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. His lips were on hers before she could let out her next breath. She wasn't complaining though. One of his hands found the back of her neck and pulled her deeper in their kiss. They stumbled around the room while Billy tried to kick off his shoes with her in his arms. Valencia's hands were already tugging at the hem of his shirt when he laid her on the bed. He pulled his lips from hers to let her pull off his shirt. He didn't even give her a chance to marvel at his perfect chest and stomach before he was kissing her again. Valencia ran her hands down his shoulders and arms before moving them towards his chest and stomach. She felt his skin jump and twitch beneath her fingers. Nervous? Not likely. She then reached down to unbutton his pants, but stopped when her hand touched something cold and hard. Her breath caught in her throat making Billy pull away from her. All the color seemed to have drained from her face.

“What's up?” Billy asked in a breathless voice. Valencia looked down. Billy followed her gaze and frowned to himself. “Shit,” he said pulling his gun from his waist. Valencia flinched. How she didn't notice it before, she didn't know. “Sorry, forgot it was there.” He placed it on her night stand and looked back down at her. He had his hands under her shirt caressing her sides. “Don't look at me like that,” he said. It came out harsh, but his eyes were still soft and his hands were still at her sides.

“Like what?” she whispered as if there were dozens of people in the room and she only wanted him to hear.

“Like you're afraid of me.”

“I'm not, I-”

“I don't want you to be afraid of me, Valencia. I don't want you to be afraid of anything when you're with me.” When he said that, it was as if Valencia didn't just have her hand on his gun. Now her hands were unbuttoning his jeans and his lips were pressed against her neck. Valencia pushed his pants and blue boxers down with her feet. Now he was completely naked and she was still fully clothed. Billy didn't waste time undressing her. He pulled her shirt over her head quickly and noticed she had her belly button pierced twice. She arched her back to let Billy's hands find and unhook her bra. Then she pushed her hips up to let him pull off her pants and underwear.

“Billy,” Valencia said before they started. “Did you and Adalae..?” It had to be the worst time to ask, but she couldn't help herself.

“Yeah,” Billy said as he positioned himself on top of her.

“Last night?” She asked.

“Mmhmm,” he said, running a hand between her breast and down her stomach. Valencia wished that his blunt confession was enough to push him off of her. But it wasn't. She didn't even care. Not now. Not with him on top of her. Not with her pushing her hips up into his. She couldn't wait anymore. Her need for him pulsed through her body. She didn't even bother to get under the sheets of her unmade bed. Didn't bother turning off the lights or making sure her door was locked. Whoever said anticipation was half the fun was a fucking moron. All the fun was being had now. If Valencia wasn't moaning when Billy would roughly grab her hips, then she was giggling when his facial hair would tickle her thighs. She lost count of how many times she said his name, or how many times her toes curled. All she could think about—besides the body jolting pleasure she was receiving—was how well he fit. She couldn't wait to brag about it to Adalae like she had done to her earlier. He fit, Adalae, she would tell her. He fit like a fucking glove.