Finding Forgiveness

He Can Be Whatever He Wants To Be

Kate's POV
It was weird being back in America, at least in Pittsburgh. I promised myself I would never come back but I guess life had other plans.

"Daddy?" Misha came into our room with a tie in his hands, "you tie?" 
"Why are you all dressed up?" I smiled looking at my son in a pair of black dress pants and white long sleeve dress shirt.
"He wants to be like daddy," Evgeni smiled kneeling down and began to tie the little pink tie.
"You are cute," I wrapped my arms around Misha and kissed his cheek.
"Hockey players not cute," he frowned pushing me away.
"Oh yes they are," I smiled at Evgeni who began to blush in an instant.
"Girls bad," Misha grabbed Evgeni's face, "hockey only," he looked at him seriously making us both laugh.

He was a wise little boy but Evgeni would be telling him the same thing when he turned 17 and then proceed to tell him how he was already playing professional hockey at his age. Evgeni prided himself on those early years of hockey in Magnitogorsk, those were the years I hated him the most.

"And to finish off your look," I pulled out a little Malkin Penguins jersey.
"One day he will get drafted just like daddy," Evgeni grabbed him a hat and stuck in on his head.
"Yeah," Misha smiled jumping into Evgeni arms.

Evgeni's POV
If Misha wanted to play hockey when he grew up I wasn't going to stop him. I just didn't want people saying he wasn't good enough, that the only reason he was playing was because of me. I wanted him to be his own hockey player, have his own style.

As we got to the rink there was Sid waiting with a big smile on his face.
"I love his shoes," Sid looked at Misha's yellow converse.
"He have style, not like daddy," I shook my head.
"No denim jackets?" Sid chirped.
"You jealous you not have jacket," I frowned picking up Misha and chucked him on my shoulders.

Misha wrapped his hands around my forehead and rested his head on top of mine as we walked into the locker room, his shyness getting the better of him.

"Where's mummy?" He looked up at me from under his hat as I placed him on his feet in my stall.
"She will be back with Vero before the game starts," I stood in front of him with my arms around him keeping him comfortable as the chaos continued around the locker room.

Kira came back to get Misha giving me a good luck kiss, []"And if you score a hattrick you might get lucky tonight,"[] she whispered in my ear before heading off.

"I take it he wants to be a hockey player?" Sid gestured to my little boy walking hand in hand with his mother.
"If he wants," I shrugged.
"All parents say they aren't going to force their kids into to doing anything but admit it, if he doesn't play hockey you will be upset."
"A little but not matter."

Ok so maybe I would be a little disappointed if he didn't play hockey, but it wouldn't be the end of the world either. I would help him and encourage him but I wasn't going to force him to wake up at ungodly hours of the morning if that wasn't what he wanted to do.

I could imagine him playing, being out her on the ice fighting for a Stanley Cup. He had the determination, the strength, he was a driven little boy, the makings of something, anything he wanted to be.

Kira's POV
"Mummy can we go see daddy now," Misha looked up from the seat next to me on the sofa in the family suite.

He hadn't played with any of the kids, he was too shy and didn't understand them because they talked too fast. The poor little guy really struggled with his English. It wasn't like Evgeni who was just lazy and didn't do it, he really just didn't understand it sometimes and that frustrated him a lot. He was a strong little boy and when he couldn't get something right he tried and tried again, he was a little perfectionist.

"Ok come on," I grabbed his hand and he walked right next to me as Rhys, Craig Adams son tried to talk to him about playing hockey.

"Daddy!" He smiled running over to Evgeni.
"Hey buddy," he picked him up and sat him up in his stall.
"You played good," Misha jumped onto Evgeni's back as he sat down.
"Yeah but didn't play great," Evgeni looked at me knowing what I had said to him before the game.

He hadn't scored a hattrick but that didn't matter he still played great and if I had my way he was getting lucky.

"So how are you liking fatherhood?" I asked as we climbed into bed.
"It's tiring," he groaned as he flopped into bed, "and my back is sore all the time. He is like a monkey."
"I told you not to let him do it," I ran my hand through his hair and he sighed.

"How about I use my qualifications and give you a massage?" I sat up running my hand over his chest.
"Mmm sounds like a good idea."
"Well roll over then."

I rolled him over and straddled his back.
"Don't worry you are still my favourite hockey star," I blew over his neck making goosebumps appear on his skin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who's ready for Alex to make his triumphant return??