Finding Forgiveness

Some Pain May Be Everlasting

Evgeni's POV
I hadn't even noticed my throbbing hand until Veronique was by my side.

"Evgeni hun it's going to be ok."
"How you know? Alex hurt her and Kira I know, locks self away when hurt," I felt pathetic as I cried clutching my hand.

I was so worked up I could feel my hands shaking as I tried to talk but it ended up coming out as mumbled Russian that even Sergei wouldn't understand.
"What?" Vero pulled my hands away from my face.
"Nothing," I didn't want to talk anymore, I didn't want to talk in the first place but now I refused to.

"Mr Malkin," the nurse came out.
"She ok?" I stood up wiping away the tears.
"Physically yes, just a couple of broken ribs and some bruising, emotionally she is pretty scared right now."
"Can I see her?" 
"Sure," she offered me a hopeful smile, but it didn't make me feel any better.

Every bone in my body trembled as I walked into her room. She was sound asleep the only noise in the room was her light breathing as her chest rose and fell.

God was she beautiful. Even with bruise across her jaw that continued up the left side of her face and a cut just above her eyebrow. She was still my Kira, well at least it still looked like my Kira.

I moved closer to the side of her bed where my knees began to feel so weak, I just fell. I fell to my knees hoping and praying she would be ok and that we could make it through all of this.

I grabbed her hand but the usual reassuring squeeze she would give me wasn't there. Her hand stayed lame like she couldn't move it.

"Evgeni."
My head shot up to see her equally beautiful blue eyes staring back at me.
"Kira," I wiped away the few stray tears that found there way onto my cheeks.

I found my feet and lent over to kiss her forehead but she scrunched her face up and moved away.
"Don't," was all she said keeping her head turned away.
"Kira," I ran my hand through her hair trying to get her look at me but she didn't. If anything she pulled away more only to wince grabbing her ribs.

"Don't move," I put my hand on hers, "they are broken."
She looked at me with a confused look on her face, not a please repeat confusion more of a disbelief before she started crying.

"It's ok, I am here," I sat next to her and carefully cradled her in my arms.
She tried to resist me but she was too exhausted to fight for very long before giving up and collapsing with her head on my chest.
"He is never going to hurt you again, that I can promise."

Kira's POV
I didn't want to be touched, I didn't really want people near me. I felt claustrophobic and panicked easy. 

Even though I knew it was Evgeni and that we were together, in love if you wanted to say it, I couldn't help but think about all the times he had let me down.
It only drove me to want to get away from him. 

His hand racked through my hair thinking he was calming me but really it only scared me more. I thought about how Alex used it to pull me back to him. It made me want to pull it out myself believing it would relieve some of the burden it had on me forever.

As I moved a stabbing pain shot up my side stealing my breath away.
"Don't move, they are broken," he put his large warm hands on mine as I grabbed at my side trying to stop the physical pain.

I thought I had myself under control, I thought I would just pass but it didn't. His hands were so comforting, they made me feel safe. Even if was just for a moment, just for a few seconds I could feel normal again before it all came rushing back and I couldn't stop myself from crying any longer.

"It's ok, I am here," he wrapped his arms around me. I was already getting that intense panicked feeling back. I couldn't breath and I tried so hard to get away from him but I had no energy I was already completely worn out.

"He is never going to hurt you again, that I can promise," he whispered.

I wasn't sure how I was going to get over this. I loved Evgeni and I had all this belief that he would never do anything to me again but I thought the same thing about Alex too. He was like a father to Misha, you could even say he temporarily replaced Evgeni in my life for a while. And even after everything I did to him, taking him for a ride, letting him think he could actually replace Evgeni he still never seemed like he would actually hurt me.

Maybe I was just looking for an excuse, maybe I was too shocked to know who to blame or who to turn sour on. There was only one person that I would always love, no mattered what he did and that was Misha. He was my angel, he was my precious little boy who I would love through everything life had to throw at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I wasn't exactly sure how I wanted Kira to react to Evgeni, whether she is going to pull away completely or maybe seek comfort in him so I am leaving it a little open for this chapter