Finding Forgiveness

I Have A Son?

Evgeni’s POV
I loved the morning air; it was refreshing and woke me up gently without shocking my senses.

“Morning,” I felt a pair of small arms wrap around my stomach.
“Hey, good morning,” I turned around and put my arms around her, “Did you sleep alright?” I rubbed her back.
“Yeah, you’re nice and warm,” she rested her head on my chest.

“Evgeni,” she sighed, “there is something I have to tell you,” she pulled away looking at the ground.
“Kira? What’s wrong?” she pushed my hands away before I got a chance to grab her.

Kira’s POV
I felt all the nerves running through me. I could only think about how he was probably going to be mad at me and everything would go pear shaped again.

I couldn’t handle looking at his sad eyes but I knew I had to tell him. I turned around and began to walk back inside before stopping in the doorway and sucking it up. I closed my eyes and let out a breath, “You have a son.”

He was silent behind me for a while so I turned back around to face him. He was learning on the railing of balcony as if it was only thing that would keep him standing.

“Evgeni?” I walked up to him and put my hand on his back.
“Just give me a minute,” he walked straight passed me and sat down on the edge of the bed putting his head in his hands.

I followed him in and knelt down in front of him, “Are you ok?” I put my hand on his knee.
“I don’t understand… why didn’t you tell me?” he looked up at me with questioning eyes.
“You were with Emily, you were so happy. I didn’t want to ruin that.”
“But he’s my son, don’t I have a right to know he exists?” he got up in a huff and began pacing the room.
“Evgeni I know, I am sorry. But we were too broken to be parents,” I was trying to justify my actions but he looked so worried and angry it wasn’t helping.
“We could have tried,” he stopped briefly and looked right at me.

“Why didn’t tell me last night?”
“Because I wanted to see if we would be ok first,” I wanted to grab him and stop his pacing because it was making me feel anxious.
“and what if we weren’t? You were going to hide him from me forever?” he burst.
“No,” I felt the tears begin to stream down my face because honestly I was scared he would leave and try and take our son away from me.

“I need to ring my parents,” he shook his head and grabbed out his phone.
“Um Evgeni,” his head snapped up to me, “they already know. They have known all along."
“Is that why you moved here?”
“I needed help,” I felt bad that I had left him out.
“I am going for a walk,” he grabbed a jumper and headed out.

I didn’t know what to do but I knew I couldn’t leave, it would be wrong on everyone if I did.

I wasn’t sure how long I waited in his room; I know it was long enough for me to end up upside down on the bed freaking out.

“What is his name?” he walked in and laid on the bed next to me.
“Misha Evgenievich Malkin,” I looked over at him.
“Evgenievich Malkin?”
“I wanted him to have your name,” I shrugged.
“Really?” he smiled.
“Yeah, I thought it was the least I could do.”

“Look maybe you could come and meet him, we go to the park, have dinner. I promised I would take him ice skating since I left him home last night.”
“He skates?” he smiled.
“All the time, every chance he gets he wants to be out on the ice. He is just like you,” I pulled out my phone and showed him my wallpaper.

Evgeni’s POV
The moment I saw the picture of him I knew he was mine. He looked exactly the same as I did, his smile, his eyes, everything was me.

“Come on,” she put her hand out for me.

“Does he ask about me?” I spoke into the silence on the cab, “like where his dad is?”
“He doesn’t really understand it that much right now but he asked once and I just told him that his daddy had to be away for a while.”

I got some crazy butterflies as we walked up to her door and she opened it.
“Mummy!” the little boy ran up and jumped into Kira’s arms.
“Hey little man,” she smothered his face with kisses.

“Have you been good for Alena?” I assumed the lady grabbing her bags was the babysitter.
“Yes,” he looked so innocent.
“He was a sweetheart as usual,” the lady bid her goodbyes and was soon gone.

“Who’s that?” the curios looking little boy looked over Kira’s shoulder and right at me.
“Misha this is one of mummy’s good friends, Evgeni.”
“Hello,” I put my hand out and he shied away a little.
“Hi,” he gave me just the smallest smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
The time has come the Geno now is a daddy!!!!