Finding Forgiveness

I am In

Evgeni's POV
"Mummy we go skating?" the little boy tugged at Kira's shirt as she made us a coffee.
"Not yet, give us 10 minutes and the. We can go," he was about to run away but stopped straight away at the sound of her voice, "hey, why don't you go grab your hockey gear and show Evgeni? he loves hockey."
"Ok," he ran off down the hall.

"I can't get over how much he looks like me."
"I know neither can I," she handed me a cup of coffee.
"You should see this," she walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a photo album, "look," she pointed a picture of me and her when we were about his age and then bought up the photo on her phone, "he is defiantly yours, no doubt about it," she smiled.

"I should have told you," she sighed looking down at the photos.
"Kira," I grabbed her face and made her look at me, "it's ok," I gave her a kiss so she knew I meant it.

"Mummy! Mummy! Look!" Misha came running back in with a poster in his hand.
"Evgeni is Malkin," he smiled pointing to me on the paper.
"Yeah he is," she chuckled.
"Cool," he looked at me with wide eyes before running off again. His footsteps echoing down the hall as he did.

Kira's POV
"He..." Evgeni pointed down the hall where my son had disappeared in excitement.
"He is a big fan of yours."
"This just keeps getting better," he shook his head with a smile as he came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist and placed a kiss to my shoulder.

"He would adore you even if you weren't his dad," my attention was drawn to Misha dragging his oversized bag down the hall with his stick getting caught.
"What are you doing?" I laughed but helped him carry his stuff.
"Mummy no, I do myself," he pouted but it was too late I had already gotten his stuff free.

"Don't give me that face," he began to narrow his eyes at me and his eyebrows dipped down.
"Show Evgeni your new skates," it was the only thing going to stop him and the face he was pulling.
"Ok," he ripped open the zipper and pulled out the tiny ice skates before running over to Evgeni and putting them in his lap.

"Bauer, good choice, just like mine," Evgeni looked at them.
"And my stick," Misha ran back to his bag.
"They are so small," Evgeni mouthed as held them up with a the most adorable smile on his face.

"Alright buddy, put the stuff away and go get ready," I tapped his back and he was off again.

It took a lot longer than usual to get ready because he was just so excited that Evgeni Malkin was there. Well he was going to be over the moon when he finds out he is his dad.

"He is good," Evgeni smiled as we watched the little boy zip around the ice, "you good teacher," he put his arm around me and pulled me into his side.
"Thanks," he placed a kiss to my forehead.

"You should get out there with him," I nudged his side.
"I guess I should," he looked down at his skates before pulling away and stepping into the ice.

By the end of it Evgeni was dragging Misha back across the ice by his foot, my little guy was so worn out.

"Hey Misha you want to go get dinner?" He sat up instantly suddenly getting all his energy back.
"Yes! Spaghetti!"

I stood back and let Evgeni help him get undressed. Besides I had been doing this for a year now, it was his turn to pick up some of the load.
Not to mention there was just something that made him a whole lot more attractive by him being all father like and all.

Evgeni's POV
I was truly enjoying spending the day with Kira and Misha and I didn't want it to end.

"See that is exactly how you used to eat spaghetti when we were kids," Kira smiled pointing to Misha with sauce all over his face and as he slurped a strand of the pasta.
"You did it too," I scoffed.
"Never," she scrunched her face rejecting my statement.

"Mummy ice cream," he pointed to the picture on the dessert menu.
"I don't know, Evgeni do you think he has eaten enough to get dessert?" she looked over at his plate.
"Mmm I think he might just make it," she smiled at me so I was taking my choice as a good thing.

He had eventually devoured all of his dessert and was more than ready to leave. He didn't even make it home and was passed out in the back of the car in his seat.

"You can get him," Kira smiled as she opened the door.
"Just press that button and pull his arms out of the belts," I was worried I was going to wake him.

I picked him up almost knocking his head on the roof but was too cautious and lucky that it didn't happen.

He stirred a little before wrapping his arms around my neck and resting his head on my shoulder while I carried him up the stairs to their apartment.

"His room is the second last on the left," Kira pointed down the hall and followed right behind me.

She pulled back the covers to his equally tiny bed, "just lay him down."
I did as she said and stood back as she pulled his shoes off and got him out of his jacket before tucking him in a placing a kiss to his forehead.

"Come on, lets go," we headed out of the door.
She shut it ever so quietly and ushered me down the hall.

"I am in," I turned around to see her confused face.
"What? What do you mean your in?"
"I want to be his dad, for real."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just like my stories 'It Takes Someone Special To Be A Dad' and a 'A Dad Is A Son's First Hero And A Daughter's First Love' I love writing about Geno's and with little kids, it's just too damn cute.