Finding Forgiveness

I Don't Want A Dad

Kira’s POV
Since Misha was only 4 I wasn’t going to throw him a big party, he was shy and enjoyed my company alone most of the time anyways. Although I was inviting Evgeni’s parents, my parents and for the first time Evgeni would be there too.

“Mummy, can I open my present?” Misha ran into my room and jumped on the bed.
“Mik, really? no good morning?” I grabbed him as she sat on my stomach.
“Good morning,” he squashed me in a hug.
“Good morning little man, how is your head doing today?” I ran my hand over the red lump that had gone down a lot.
“It’s ok,” he settled down next to me.

“Why don’t you go wake up da… Evgeni? and then you can open your presents,” I ushered him out of bed.
“Ok,” he climbed out and ran down the hall to the lounge room.

Evgeni had taken to sleeping on the couch each night. He wanted to be around Misha but I wasn’t ready to let him back completely into my life or even my bedroom at that.

Evgeni’s POV
I watched as Misha ripped into his present and pulled out a little knee hockey kit, “Mummy, thankyou,” he jumped into her lap and gave her a big kiss on the cheek.
“Can we play?”
“Not yet buddy,” there was a knock at the door, “after breakfast, maybe Evgeni can go out with you,” Kira suggested smiling at me.
“I want to play with you,” he frowned.
“Ok, all of us can.”

“Misha look who is here,” Kira smiled as she opened the door to reveal my parents.

“How are you?” my father wrapped his arms around me in one of his big hugs.
“I am ok, it’s still hard to fathom. Why didn’t you tell me?”
“Would you have thrown away your whole career for this?” he looked at me seriously, “Evgeni it is a big responsibility. It’s easy now because you aren’t working but what are you going to do when you go back to Pittsburgh?”
“We will cross that bridge when we get to it.”

Soon enough Kira’s mother and Ben were over and we were eating a big breakfast.

“Misha, how do you like having mummy and daddy around?” my mother spoke up and both mine and Kira’s heads shot up to the word.
“Who?” he looked up at Kira, “I don’t have a daddy,” he frowned, “do I?”
“Umm sweetie I think we should go and talk,” Kira stood up and lead him down the hall.

“Zhenya I am sorry, we all thought you two had told him,” my mother began apologizing.
“Not yet, we were still working on it,” I got up from the table and headed down towards Kira’s closed bedroom door.

“Misha, nothing with us is going to change. I love you and Evgeni, he loves you too, can you please just give it a chance?”
“But I don’t want a daddy? I have you,” I heard his voice through the door.
“Misha!” the door opened and the little boy ran out down the hall.

“Misha come back!’” my father’s voice boomed as the door to their apartment slammed.
“Evgeni come quick, he has run out,” my father and I ran after him.

I wasn’t sure how long we had been out looking for him, I had lost track of time. But I was determined to find him.

“Misha!” I called as I walked through the park we had been to many times the past few weeks.

I noticed a little head pop out from under the play equipment from the corner of my eye.

“Misha?” I headed over towards the little boy and sure enough it was him.
“Go away,” he pulled his legs up to his chest and buried his face in his knees.
“Misha, please,” I sat down next to him.

“Why you leave?” he looked up with tears streaming down his little cheeks.
“What?” I tried to pull him closer but he only pushed me away.
“Mummy said you had to be away, why?”
“Because I was selfish,” I sighed, “I made a lot of mistakes, ok? And I am sorry. Misha please can you forgive me?”
“No,” he looked down not interested in what I had to offer.
“Well please can you come home with me? You have mummy worried.”
“Ok,” he got up and took my hand but I almost had to drag him.

I wasn’t going to tell him the truth that Kira had actually taken him away from me. I couldn’t do that. He loved her and she was everything to him. At this point I was nobody to him. I just had to prove that maybe I could be somebody to him.