Status: Going through editing but has a sequel

Dedication Takes a Lifetime but Dreams Only Last for a Night

Jack: With or Against Me?

Alex POV:
I woke up as usual to my dad screaming "Where the fuck is my breakfast you lazy piece of shit?? I have a awful hangover!"

I rolled out of bed sighing. This is the way I normally wake up. I climbed up the stairs and made him some eggs and bacon. I don't know why I even try. It's not like he even cares about my efforts and attmpts to be a good son, at least as good as Tom. Just so my dad would actually be proud of me.

"Disgusting. And I mean you and this pathetic excuse for food." He said after taking a few bites.

He launched the plate at the back of my head and I ducked just in time. This was practically routine in our house. My mom was already at work. I just wanted to get to school where he can't attack me.

"Clean that up." He said walking away a beer in his hand already .

I swept up the broken plate, threw on some skinnies and a hoodie and went to school. Nothing like starting the day with my dads screams.

I sat outside at lunchtime because of the pleasant weather and the fact Rian had to talk to his Calculus teacher. I was just eating when I noticed Jack looking upset with that jerk Blake approach and surround me.

"Hi there faggot." said Blake smirking again.

"What do you want?" I asked unsure of why Jack and Blake were together.

"Oh nothing" he said as he snatched my sandwich, threw it on the floor and stepped on it.

"Why'd he you do that?" I asked raged. Who does he think he is, to bully me? I decided that in the new school I wouldn't let anyone bully me. I get enough of that at home. I don't need more from them.

"Well it was fun. Go on Jack." he smiled slightly shoving Jack forward. "Don't forget my guarantee."

Jack stumbled a bit, balanced himself and before I could protect myself punched me right on my dads bruises. The bruise was starting to fade but it was still there. My fringe didn't do enough to hid it sadly.

"What the fuck Jack?!" I said as I tried to block the pain spreading through my face.

Blake smiled enjoying the show and said "There you go Jack! Right on his other bruises! Now that I think about it, where did those other bruises come from?"

"None of your business." I growled. The last thing I need is someone especially Blake to know about my dad. No one could know.

Blake punched me with Jack occasionally helping again till I fell on the pavement next to my crushed sandwich, and curled up into a little ball. I could already feel more bruises coming. I hated this, hated it all. I thought moving schools would solve the problem but I could already see school was going to be as torturous as home. When would it end?

As Jack came to punch me again I stared at him. Why was he doing this? What did I ever do to him? He stared at me back, his chocolate eyes looking regretful and full of empathy which was confusing since he was punching me. Something in his eyes changed. He turned around and punched Blake.

"Run Alex!" he said helping me up and pushing me away. Blake was almost red from anger. I turned around and ran ,my entire body hurting thanks to Jack and Blake.

I was truly baffled with Jacks behavior. He curses me, shuns my help, beats me up and then saves me? What was he trying to do? I was only trying to help him, why did he hurt me? A part of me wanted to just say fuck it, ignore Jack and let him face his own problems. But I decided I would help Jack and I'm going to do it. I wouldn't let Blake control us.

As I iced my new scars the bell rang,signaling the end of lunch. I couldn't stop thinking about Jack. What if he was sitting there bleeding? It was slightly my fault since he was trying to protect me. What if Blake hurt him?

I turned around ditching English and returned to the courtyard. Blake fortunately wasn't there but neither was Jack.

I was about to turn around annoyed I would be late when I noticed someone whisper my name weakly.

Jack was curled up bleeding and as I came up to him he whispered "Don't leave me." and then he passed out. He was so thin and fragile. His thin frame was slightly shaking as I looked at his bruised and beaten face. I couldn't help but feel so bad for him. How many times did I lie like that wishing someone would help? I had to help him. I didn't care about English.

I carried him to his car and opened it using the key in his pocket. I then opened the bandaged his cuts with some bandages I found and waited for him to wake up, wondering about his reaction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whooooo new chapter! I can't believe I have 50 views and already 12 subscribers!! You guys made me do happy :) anyway hope you like it. Don't forget to comment subscribe and recommend. No ghost readers!! Thanks!!

Slight editing on 3.7.13