Status: Keep or kill?

Mistakes

The One That Got Away

To you, my dearest lover,
I only plead to say one thing
Meet me in an hour
And leave, never again.

My heart, it flutters.
My brain shuts down.
But I know I’ll never regret,
My walls crumbling down.

Hello friend, it’s been a while now.
Your presence became a routine
I'd say it’s almost weird, having you gone.
But if I’m quite honest my brain
is enjoying this short break.


"Yo, Logan!"

"Yo, Dad!"

"I need yo car keys!"

"Lay off the ASAP Rocky, Dad," I hollered back. "It isn't very becoming of a man your age to be speaking like such a ratchet hooligan."

He barked out a laugh. "Oh, like you're any better! Miss I'm-Getting-Tatted-Up-And-Dressing-Like-A-Grunge-Hooligan!"

"You really want to start, father?" I asked with a smirk. I didn't give him a chance to answer. "I will break out the teenage year photos and post them on every social networking sight and make you the laughing stock of the ENTIRE WORLD."

"Oh yeah," he started. "Well I can break out the photos of the chicken pox fiasco of 1999."

We both stared at each other, not once blinking. My mum walked in the living room and stopped short, her newspaper under her arm and coffee mug in her hand.

"If you break out those photos, I'll break out the bubblegum-in-hair fiasco of 1996 and post them all over my Twitter and Instagram. So make the wise choice and keep the blackmail photos in their safe corners because trust me, I have a massive amount of blackmail photos on you two."

Me and my dad both turned our stares on her. "You wouldn't?"

"Oh but I would." The snarky little arse! And people wondered where I got it from. Her and my dad would have these matches where they would smart off to each other and wouldn't quit until one of them out did the other. Normally my mum was the one who won, but don't tell my dad that. It would hurt his ego. And who knows what he would do with his hurt ego.

"But for real, Lo, I need your keys," my dad spoke up. "Your tires need to be rotated and your oil needs to be changed and all that good stuff."

I tossed him the keys and went back to messing around on my iPad Air. "Thanks Pops. You're the best."

"Lord knows you won't do it, so I have to. Don't want you dying or some shit on the M1."

"Glad you don't want me dying," I replied in a sarcastic tone. He sent me a sarcastic smile. "Then I wouldn't have anyone to pester. Gotta keep you around for something!"

I gaped at him. "Well I never!" I exclaimed. "I'm going to be bearing your grandchildren one day! Don't you want to see your beautiful, modelesque grandchildren?!"

"No." My eyes grew in size and my mouth dropped. "You won't be having any children as long as I'm alive."

My mum snorted. "Better get the shovel ready, dear. Our plan can be put into action."

&&&

The moment I heard the small clinks on my bedroom window, I knew who it was. He always did this. When we were dating. I don't think he understood the meaning of broke up. Or the meaning of leave me alone I don't want anything to do with you.

I ignored it for the most part. When it finally ceased, I pulled back the corner of my curtains and peaked outside into the pitch black. Nothing. He was gone. As soon as I went to move away from the curtain a head popped up outside of my second story window. I let out a small scream. Great. That would alarm my dad.

"Are you okay, Logan?" He shouted from his room down the hall. I took a deep breath. "Yeah, just saw a spider! I killed it though!" I shouted back.

"Okay," he shouted again. "Goodnight! Love you!"

"Night! Love you!"

I pulled my curtains back and flung open my window. "What the fucking hell do you think you're doing?!" I whisper shouted. "If my dad sees you, he'll kill you!"

"Well I had to get your attention somehow." My eyes rolled involuntarily. "I need to talk to you."

"Oh my god, Harry." I all but groaned. "What part of 'I don't want anything to do with you' do you not get? Do I need to say it in French? Je ne veux rien avoir à faire avec vous."

He sighed and tossed his hands in the window, pulling himself in. Well okay then. I guess he doesn't understand it in French either. He shut my window and locked it, then made himself comfortable on my bed. I sighed as angrily and loudly as possible as I moved to sit in my desk chair.

He let out an 'ahh'. "This brings back memories."

Good memories at that. Memories I would never forget. Memories I couldn't forget. But I did everything in my power to block them out. I didn't need to think about those times. I needed to be mad at him. Furious. Angry. Everything but reminiscing good memories. Remember what he did to you, Logan, I chanted in my head, He broke your heart all for good publicity. He didn't love you. He didn't care about you. He used you.

"Cut the crap," I snapped. "You need to leave."

He closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them, and looking straight at me. "I'm not leaving until we talk."

"Why do you insist on talking?" I questioned. "You finally going to tell me why you cheated? Or did you forget?"

"I—" I cut him off.

"Oh that's right!" I spoke. "You did it for publicity for the new album. You made the decision and took it to your publicist and she ran it by Simon. They okayed it so you did it."

I was fuming. Finally being able to let it all out to him was oddly refreshing.

"You broke my heart and you didn't fucking care. You promised me when we first started dating that you would never break my heart, and that's what you did," I said, staring at him with hurt eyes. "Did it make you feel better? To hurt someone and break them down? Hurt them so much to where they aren't themselves anymore?"

He looked like he just had the breath knocked out of him. He looked anywhere but me. He didn't even have the balls to look my in the eye and apologize. After everything I just told him, he didn't even have the decency to say sorry. I laid everything out on the table and he just sat there. It was like I didn't say anything. At all. A waste of breath is what that was. I shouldn't have even said anything. It did no good. Obviously.

I scoffed, shaking my head. "Why do I even try?" I asked myself that more then him. But he still answered. "Because you still love me and you feel like there's a small chance that we could work again," he mumbled.

He hit the nail right on the head. But I couldn't let him know that. After everything he put me through, he didn't need to know that he was right. And I was too stubborn to let him. If I did, it was like he won. And that cheating bastard didn't deserve to win anything. So I was going to lie straight to face.

"No, actually I don't," I stated. "I've moved on. I'm with Jimmy now. So you can go be with whoever you want without cheating."

You’ve left it a couple of days ago,
Three to be exact, and I can’t help but think
maybe this is how it should be left.

Hello accomplice, did you hear?
The white flag is up in the sky.
The battle has stopped and
the war, it’s finally over!

And now
With the old routines, still in my head
And the battle lingering in my memory
I only have one more thing to say:

Goodbye stranger.
You’re the one that got away.
♠ ♠ ♠
The poem is thanks to my lovely friend, lion eyes. She's amazing at writing poems. Go check out her shit.

And just a heads up, my updating will be scarce because I got promoted at work and am now working full time. Yay me! Haha.

But anyway, tell me your thoughts in the comments. Should Logan forgive Harry? What should she do?