Status: Keep or kill?

Mistakes

Maybe I'll Get Drunk

Loud bangs startled me awake. It took me a minute to realize where I was by my surroundings, but when I did, I almost cringed.

"Harry!" I hissed. Nothing. "Harry!" Nothing. "Harry!" I smacked his chest. "Harry!" Still nothing. "Harry, wake up! Someone's downstairs!"

"What? What?" He rubbed his eyes. "What's going on? Why'd you hit me?"

"There's someone downstairs! I'm not going down there and getting killed!"

He scoffed. "So I have to go down there and get killed? Thanks, Lo." He rolled out of bed in just his briefs, I'm guessing he stripped sometime during the night, and pulled a golf club out of his bag that was sitting beside the bed. I grabbed the abandoned pizza cutter off his dresser and followed closely behind. We turned the corner and stopped, making me run into him.

"What the hell, Logan?" He hissed. I held up my hands. "Sorry."

Shaking his head, he turned back around and slowly creeped down the stairs with me following close behind. He had his whatever golf club gripped tightly in his hands. His back muscles were tense and here I was slightly shaking and going over every possible outcome. And they were all bloody, bad outcomes. By the time we reached the first floor, the kitchen light was on and whoever was in there was rustling around in stuff. We shoved out backs against the wall and Harry started doing these signs with his fingers.

"What does this mean?" I questioned quietly, mimicking his motion. "I have no idea what any of that means."

He sighed. "Just stay behind me." I nodded and did as I was told. He quickly turned the corner into the kitchen and held his golf club in a defensive manner. "Oh my god! Bloody hell!"

"Mum?!" Harry exclaimed, aggravated. "What the bloody hell are you doing here? I could've killed you with this thing!"

I peaked my head around the corner and took notice to his mum standing by the fridge with her hand over her heart. She went to say something to her son, but took notice to me. Her face was one of shock. "Logan?"

I shyly made my way into the kitchen and gave a small wave. "Hi Miss C. How're you this morning?" Small talk. Keep it to small talk.

"Hi love. I'm quite fine until Harry came in here ready to kill. What're you—" Harry cut her off.

"Mum," he snapped. "What're you doing here?"

She gave her youngest child a look that said don't speak to your mother that way before answering. "It's Friday, love. I always come and stock your fridge on the first Friday of every month."

Even I knew that. "Well maybe you could call next time, yeah? I could use a little heads up."

A smirk appeared on her face that was a carbon copy of Harry's. Her eyes flickered to me, before going back to Harry. "That much is apparent."

Oh. My. God. She did not just insinuate that we were sleeping together. Holy balls. No. No. That isn't... no. Why did she think that? Harry had to of told her what happened. He was one of those kids that looked up their mum and told her everything. That's what kids who had one parent did. The one parent they had, they looked up to. "I'm, uh... I'm just gonna go," I said awkwardly. "I, uh, I brought over a box of your stuff, Harry. It's on the table." With a wave and a mumbled goodbye, I left.

Logan Masters @LoganMasters
Did that really just happen? Is this real life?


&&&

"So he just like, broke up with you?" Eleanor paused. "Over text message? He didn't even call you?"

I nodded. "And didn't even have the decency to do it in a call."

She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "What a damn wanker! Those American guys can be total raging twat monsters!" She was fuming. She was more angry then me and I was the one who got broken up with. But I did agree with her. American guys can be raging twat monsters.

"Do you want to go out and get car parked or go to my place and get car parked?" I asked, sipping my iced coffee from Starbucks. Eleanor had yet to spend any time with me in the last few weeks and I was in dire need of some Eleanor time. She was my best mate and kept me level headed a majority of the time and vice versa.

She chuckled. "What about my place? We can make dinner and drink like there's no tomorrow!"

I grinned at her from across the table. "Deal! We can make my Dad's famous waffle fry nacho supreme."

"Oh my god," she groaned out. "I've been craving that for the longest time."

"I know I have shredded cheese, but that's it," I mused out loud. "Do you have anything?"

She shook her head. "Louis cleaned out the fridge this morning when he made breakfast for him and Niall. I have ice." I couldn't help but laugh. Niall was a bottomless pit when it came to food and Louis wasn't far behind. None of the lads were.

"Well we can make a trip to the market today. You up to it?" She nodded and we both stood up, grabbing our drinks and leaving the packed Starbucks. "We can go now. I'm done with classes for the day," she spoke.

We both got in her car and made the short drive to the market. Once we got in there, we got a trolley and started going down the aisles. The group of girls following us didn't go unnoticed. Sidling up beside her, I nudged her with my elbow. Her head snapped in my direction.

"Are we just going to act like those tweens aren't following us?" I mumbled. She chuckled. "Yeah. Just ignore them," she replied.

I loudly sighed. "Fine," I dragged out. "But just so you know, I don't like it."

"Nobody does, love." She was right. Nobody did. Especially me.

&&&

"Your dad needs to get his own food truck," El spoke through a mouthful of food. I chuckled, taking a sip of my Smirnoff Ice Raspberry Burst. "This food is orgasmic."

At that, I barked out a laugh. "I'm definitely telling my dad you said that. He'll get a laugh out of it."

She shrugged as she swallowed and then washed it down with a drink of her own Smirnoff. We had finished making our dinner and seeing as we had already cracked open one of the four six packs we got, we made our plates and slightly stumbled our way into her and Louis's living room in a fit of giggles. We were halfway through our plates and on our second pack of Smirnoffs when the front door opened. El and I immediately silenced our giggles.

"Nobody's supposed to be here but us," she whispered hotly. She was freaking out. We both were. Her eyes were wide as footballs and I'm sure mine were much the same. I picked up an extra throw pillow and covered my face. El mimicked me. I'm positive we looked like a bunch of idiots, but in our drunken state we didn't care.

"Why does it smell like nachos?"

We both gasped. "They're going to hold us hostage!" I hissed, shoving a forkful of nachos in my mouth. "If I die, just know you're my bestest best mate ever."

"Ditto." She took a swig of her drink as the footsteps got louder.

"El?"

"Yeah?" My arm swung over and smacked her chest. "They could be killers," I hissed again. "No ones here! No ones in the living room!"

Mumbling came from the entry way. "Logan?"

"Yeah?" Now it was her turn to smack me in my chest. "Oi! You hit me in my mammaries! That hurt!"

The footsteps got louder and stopped in the doorway. We both slowly lowered our pillows to look at the robbers. It was Harry and Louis. We were scared of them? I almost wanted to laugh. I tossed the pillow to the side of the couch and continued eating my nachos.

"Are those your dad's famous waffle fry nachos?" Harry questioned. He walked over and took the empty spot beside me, stealing some of my nachos. "Bro!" I shouted. "Bro!"

Harry and Louis both looked at me with raised eyebrows and smirks on their faces.

"Don't steal my nachos, yo," I spoke, moving my plate away from him.

"Bro, I'll steal your food if I want to, yo," Harry teased. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Dude, don't steal my food. This is my breakup food. This is mine and El's breakup food. You can't steal my breakup food. You don't deserve my breakup food," I rambled.

Him and Louis shared a look. "Your breakup food?" Louis questioned. I nodded putting another forkful in my mouth. "That raging twat monster, Jimmy, broke up with me," I said, practically spitting his name.

"Through a text message!" El shouted. "A bloody text message!"

Louis shook his head. "What a tosser." I mumbled my agreements and threw up an air knuckle bump. "Amen, brother," I mumbled.

A scoff emitted from Harry. It made me jump at how loud and out of nowhere it was. My eyebrows rose in his direction. El had since moved from her spot beside me and went to sit beside her boyfriend, now sharing her nachos with him. Harry scoffed again. "What a joke. That right there is a sad excuse of a man," he practically snarled.

Right now was one of those times where I spoke before I thought it through. But then again, alcohol was running through my system. "At least he had the decency to breakup with me instead of cheat," I stated simply.

El let out a prolonged 'oh'. "That was a third degree BURN!" She slapped Louis on the chest. "Lou! Lou, go get him some ointment for his burn!"

Louis shook his head and told Eleanor it was time to call it a night. He took the plate from her and then took mine, then grabbed the empty glass bottles from the coffee table and headed into the kitchen. He came back in the living room a few minutes later and informed Harry that he had to take me up to one of their spare rooms.

"I can take care of myself." I scoffed. "Thank you very much."

They both ignored me. Louis hauled a giggling Eleanor up the stairs with Harry and I following close behind him. As soon as I stood up my vision became dizzy and my head spun. Maybe I was more drunk then I thought. So here I was, letting my ex carry me upstairs and put me to bed.

"Why are you getting undressed?" I questioned Harry. My slurring didn't faze him. He had undressed me, lending me his flannel to sleep in. Of course he had to button it for me and then tuck me in. I felt like such a child. He sighed. "Because I'm not going to let you choke on your own vomit."

"You just want to sleep with me." I smirked. "Relive old times."

He shook his head. "Go to sleep, Logan. Just— go to sleep."

A loud aggravated sigh left my mouth. "Whatever." With that said, I rolled over and pulled the covers up, under my chin. "Logan," he started.

"Shhh." I shushed. "I'm supposed to go to sleep. Don't bother the drunk lass who's supposed to be asleep."
♠ ♠ ♠
Logan
Eleanor