Status: Keep or kill?

Mistakes

My Spot

Logan Masters @LoganMasters
Never drink, kids. It ruins not only your liver but also your life. And your attitude. And again, your life.


There was a time in my life when I hated getting drunk. And that was right now. I hated it. The pounding headache. The flipping stomach. The sweats. It was awful. And yet here I was, all dressed to the nines with a hangover from Hell.

"Hi, I have a reservation under Masters."

The hostess looked down at her book and nodded, checking off something. She grabbed two menus and told me to follow her. "Your waiter will be right with you."

"Thank you."

I got my phone out of my purse and set it behind me in the chair. Today was my weekly lunch date with the Druncle. I may have forgot about it when El and I got ourselves right pissed last night, so when he called me this morning and woke me up I had to hurry. There were no clothes of mine at El and Louis' so I had to raid her closet. By the time we made myself look presentable, I had twenty minutes to get to the restaurant. My Druncle had picked Morrisons. It had the most delicious food on this side of the world. The cheesecake was the bomb diggity. And they had this pasta salad that had some secret sauce on it. I can honestly say that I've asked them for a to-go cup of just the sauce. And I'm not ashamed.

"Well aren't we dressed modestly today."

Looking up from the menu, my eyes landed on my uncle. He was dressed like he normally was. Skinny trousers, denim button up, black beanie, Aviators, and TOMS. My uncle wore TOMS. He didn't give a fuck. He wore whatever he wanted and didn't let anyone give him crap. He wasn't over-dressed or fancy or anything, but he worked it and made it look nicer then it was. It made me feel slightly under-dressed when I was more dressed up then he was.

"Sod off," I grumbled. "I stayed at El's and this was the only bra I had and these are her clothes." My red bra looked mighty classy under my white top. I was Royal Family classy today.

He let out a laugh. As soon as he sat down in his chair, he waved over a random waiter. "I need a Stella and two shots of Patron, and a black coffee for Miss Hungover over there."

I rolled my eyes. "Can I get a ice water too?"

"Yes ma'am," the waiter replied. He wrote down on his little pad and grinned at us. "I'll be right back with your drinks."

He walked away and my uncle clasped his hands together on the table. A sort of evil looking grin appeared on his face. "So I heard from a little birdy that that American boyfriend of yours broke up with you."

"Yeah, and?" The evil grin made no sense.

"I may have had a little talk with him." Oh god. It made sense now. "Did you hit him?" I questioned with a sigh.

His smirk only widened. "Maybe."

"Jaxon." He knew when I called him Jaxon instead of Jax that I was upset. "He could sue you and get you sent to jail."

As much as I loved him and all that he did for me, this was crossing the line. Jimmy and I weren't anything serious. We hadn't even been dating for that long. He was just a boyfriend, not a boyfriend. Harry was the one and only boyfriend that I'd ever had. I didn't love Jimmy, I loved Harry. I didn't trust Jimmy with everything, I trusted Harry with everything. Even if Harry did break my heart it didn't change the fact that I once loved him and trusted him with my life. Sure I trust Jimmy and cared about him, but not the same way that I did Harry. And there was no reason for my uncle to hurt Jimmy. Jimmy didn't hurt me half as bad as Harry did. If my uncle needed to hurt anybody, it needed to be Harry.

"Eh, I've got a good lawyer," he waved it off. "And I know some people."

I raised one of my eyebrows. "Because that makes me feel better."

He leaned back in his chair and shrugged. "Hey, I know people who know stuff and they can protect you. Don't question it."

"Not sure I want to question it anyway."

&&&

"Well I'll be damned."

My eyes moved from my telly to my uncle. He was in the kitchen right off of the living room, looking out the window. "What?" I questioned.

"He actually has the audacity to come here."

"Who? What're you going on about?" I quickly made my way in the kitchen and looked out the window just in time to see the man who broke my heart, walking across the street. What the hell? "I'm gonna meet him downstairs. I'll be back in a second."

Once I had my phone, I made my way downstairs. He was just about to push the button on the lift when I opened the door to the stairwell. He jumped at the sudden noise. He pushed his Aviators up on top of his head and looked at me, acting all shy all of a sudden. "Lift doesn't work." I offered a half assed grin. "Hey," I greeted.

"Hey."

Him coming to my home was out of the blue and shocking. He hasn't been here since before I found out about him and Taylor. And for him to come here even after he saw my uncle's car parked outside was pretty ballsy.

"What're you doing here?" I finally asked.

He shrugged. "I don't know to be honest. I was just driving and ended up here." I nodded, glancing down at my phone when it vibrated.

Did you hit him yet? If not, I can come down and do it for you.


Shut up Jax.


"Want to get out of here?" His question surprised not only me, but him too. But I agreed nonetheless. "Uh, yeah. Let me go get my purse and shoes."

It took me a few seconds to run up the stairs and into my flat. I slipped on my Eleanor's wedges and grabbed my purse off the hall table. "Where are you going?"

"Jesus tits, Jax!" I exclaimed, holding my chest. "Fuck."

"Where are you going?" He asked again.

Shrugging, I said, "For a drive."

"With that bastard?"

Sometimes I wanted to slap him. "Don't, Jax. I'm an adult, let me do what I want."

He scoffed. "Fine but don't come crying to be when he fucks you over again." My eyes rolled. He had his moments where he was an absolute dick. And this was one of those moments. "Lock up when you leave, yeah?" And with that said, I slammed the door shut and left.

Harry was leaning against the front desk, talking to the doorman. He was the sweetest older guy. His name was Peter and he had a wife named LouAnn. His two sons, Lucas and Samuel were grown and had families of their own. He had four grandkids and they were all girls. I'd yet to meet them, but looked forward to it. Peter was like a grandfather to me and he considered me a bonus granddaughter. His wife LouAnne would send him with extras at lunch and tell him to give them to me. Him and Harry had gotten along quite well ever since they first met, and I knew Peter had been missing getting to chat with him every now and then.

"Ready?" He nodded and bid Peter goodbye. "Talk to you later, yeah? We can go have a pint at that pub I was telling you about," he said.

Peter nodded. "For sure, Mr. Styles. Have a nice night, Miss Masters. Keep an eye on her Mr. Styles!"

Harry nodded. "Yes sir!" We crossed the street and Harry ever the gentleman, opened the car door for me. He jogged around the front and climbed in the driver seat. "So where too?"

I shrugged. I didn't even have an idea of where I wanted to go and obviously neither did he. He was never good at thinking ahead. Always lived in the moment and never thought ahead.

"Wherever. As long as we aren't around paps and fans, I'm good."

&&&

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old man sitting next to me
Making love to his tonic and gin

He says, "Son can you play me a memory
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet
And I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes"

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feeling alright

Now John at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free—


"Do you want to go to my spot?"

He interrupted my Billy Joel time. No one interrupts my Billy Joel time. No one.

"Yeah, I guess." My shoulders lifted in a shrug.

He says, "Bill, I believe this is killing me"
As a smile ran away from his face
"Well, I'm sure that I could be a movie star
If I could get out of this place"

Now Paul is a real estate novelist
Who never had time for a wife
And he's talking with Davy, who's still in the Navy
And probably will be for life

And the waitress is practicing politics
As the businessmen slowly get stoned
Yes they're sharing a drink they call loneliness
But it's better than drinking alone

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feeling alright

It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday—


"Did that poor excuse for a man ever tell you why he broke up with you?"

I shook my head. It hadn't even been a day since El and I had drunkenly told him and he was asking like it's been a week. "It hasn't even been a day since I told you," I replied. "He doesn't have the balls to do it to my face, so I don't really care."

That made him quiet. Maybe it was because he didn't have the decency to break up with me to my face either. But either way, it needed to be said. Even if it wasn't directed towards him.

"Where's your spot?" I changed the subject. The air was getting thick with tension and I was getting uncomfortable. "I really have to use the loo."

He kinda laughed. "Um, about that," he trailed off.

"What? Are you going to take me somewhere and murder me? Because Peter and Jax know I'm with you."

He let out a booming laugh. "Trust me, I've watched enough crime shows to know to never leave a paper trail and/or witnesses."

"Because that isn't creepy." With him knowing that and my uncle knowing people, I was better off never leaving the comfort of my own flat. "But no, I'm not going to murder you. It's just." He paused, glancing over at me. "My spot is a hill just a ways that way."

He was taking me to a hill? A few hours outside the city? A bloody hill? With no presumable loos? If I have to squat and pee behind a tree I'm going to be very upset. "If I have to squat and pee behind a tree, I'm going to cause you bodily harm."

&&&

"Ow! What the bloody hell was that for?!"

"I had to squat and pee behind a tree!" I chucked another rock at him. It hit his left arm. His right hand flew up and rubbed the spot. "Heeeey," he whined. "That hurt."

"S'what you get for making me pee outside," I replied. He dodged another rock and took a step toward me. "Don't even think about picking up another rock."

My eyebrows raised. "What're you gonna do about it?"

He took another step forward. "Do you really want to find out?"

I smirked, bending down to pick up another rock. I acted like I was going to throw it at him. That made him start after me. With a yelp, I turned and ran. Running on a hill in wedges wasn't my best idea, but I really didn't want to be caught by him. His footsteps were getting closer and his laughs were getting louder. Quickly looking over my, I saw him reach out and his fingers grazed my arm. I let out a little scream.

"There's no point in running!" I was getting winded. Bollocks. I should work out more. "You're getting winded."

It all happened so fast. My feet connected with the ground and I was falling. My ankle gave way and I was down for the count. Our laughs immediately ceased. "Holy shit, are you okay? Logan, are you okay?" Harry rushed out.

I was in pain. My right ankle was throbbing and it felt like there were hundreds of knives stabbing it. I held in my scream of pain, biting the inside of my cheek. And this was my fault. This was why you never ran on unsolid ground in wedges and/or heels. Stupid me. Harry was freaking out. He was knelt down beside me, rushing out questions so fast that I don't even think he realized what he was saying.

"Shut up," I snapped. "Will you just shut up? You're driving me mad."

His eyes turned to glare down at me. "Me shut up?! I'm worried about you, Logan! Don't tell me to shut up."

I returned the glare. "Shut up and get me to a bloody hospital. I think I sprained my ankle or something."

He scooped me up bridal style without saying another word and carried me to his car. His jaw was clenched and the veins in his neck were starting to bulge. I found it funny to be honest. I still knew what buttons to push and I tended to continuously lean on them. It was a hobby of mine. One I quite enjoyed to be honest.

&&&

"Alright, well Miss Masters," the ER doctor started. "It looks like you fractured your right ankle. It'll have to be casted for a few months and you'll have to take it easy. No high heels, no running, no driving, nothing."

But I had stuff that needed to be done. I had a life that I needed to live. And this bloody ankle wasn't going to do me any good. I nodded, glancing down at the big chunky cast on my ankle. This sucked.

"I have a prescription for some pain medication. You need to get it filled and take one every four to six hours." He handed me a clipboard with papers to sign and then handed Harry my prescription. I signed my John Hancock and handed them back to him.

"I know this is probably a bad time, but my kids love you lot and I was wondering if I could get your autographs?"

I nodded. "For sure. What's your kids names?"

"Jasper. He's infatuated with you." I let out a chuckle and took the pen and prescription pad from him.

Jasper,
Lots of love
Logan Masters ♡♡


I handed it to Harry and he asked the doctor the same question. "Her names Jensen."

Jensen,
Thanks for the support. Hope to see you at a concert.
Harry xx


Another ten minutes and we were leaving the dreaded hospital. Harry was pushing me out in a wheelchair. As soon as we got outside we were bombarded by paparazzi. I immediately covered my face as Harry pushed our way through the crowd.

"Harry, Logan? Are you lot back together?"

"Did Jimmy break up with you, Logan?"

"Harry, aren't you talking to Kendall Jenner?"


We both ignored them and headed toward his car. He lifted me in his car, left the wheelchair in the parking lot, got in, and drove off. Was he really talking to Kendall Jenner? And he was here taking me to his spot.

"Take me home."

"What? Why?"

I didn't give him a reason. "Just... take me home."

He scoffed. "Is it because of what that paparazzi guy said? About me talking to Kendall?"

My eyes rolled involuntarily. "No."

"It is, isn't it?" He chuckled.

"No, it isn't, Harry," I snapped. "Just shut up and take me home."

He laughed again. "Oh my god, it is! You're jealous!"

I whipped my head around and glared daggers at him. "Shut your bloody fucking mouth and take me home."
♠ ♠ ♠
Logan
Druncle