Status: Keep or kill?

Mistakes

My First Everything

Some people don’t realize what they have until it’s gone, but that does not always mean they are supposed to get it back.”
― Stephan Labossi


I wasn't what one would call a homebody, but I wasn't someone who went out all the time. I didn't have to be around people to be happy. I was more then fine with being by myself. For instance, I haven't spoken to or seen another human being in the last week. Not even my parents.

"Jax," I whined into my phone. "I feel like I'm dying." I hung up, leaving the voicemail like that. Maybe it would freak him out and he'd come to my rescue.

A week ago today, I fractured my ankle while in the presence a one Harry Styles. Me being the stubborn ass that I am, didn't let him help me the night it happened. Sure he followed me up the stairs and made sure I didn't fall. But I refused to let him come in my flat. I told him to leave before I even got the key in the lock. Peter came up and brought me my mail and his lovely wife's goodies she insisted on making me since I was injured. She spoiled me. But it's free food that's delicious and I'm a young adult; I'll never turn down free food. He had made sure I was alright the week I had secluded myself from the outside world. If it wasn't for him and his wife, I'd probably starve to death.

He's talking to another girl.

Kendall fucking Jenner! She's gorgeous!

I'm just a pile of rubbish next to her!


I felt the need to text my Druncle. Even though I knew he'd tell me 'I told you so'.

You're right, she is gorgeous.


You're a proper ass! Making me feel like rubbish!

Just go ahead and continue to make your favorite niece who's injured feel like rubbish.

I can feel myself slipping into a depression already. This injury is taking its toll on me. It's killing me.


When I didn't hear back from him I figured I made him feel bad or made him mad, so I flipped through the channels on the telly. Nothing caught my eye, so I settled on some home improvement show. This was what my life had become. One big, boring ball of nothing.

"Logan!?"

"Living room," I hollered. The door to my flat was thrown open. It hit the wall with a loud thud making me jump. "Jesus," I groaned, wincing when a shooting pain went through my foot. He appeared in the living room looking out of breath.

"What's wrong? Are you dying? What happened?" I guess my texts freaked out my Druncle? My eyebrows lifted. "Why are you out of breath?" I questioned.

"I ran all the way here."

"From Hampstead!?"

He shook his head. "From The Greyhound on Kensington Square and Young Street. I was having lunch with some mates."

"You ran from Kensington Square, all the way over here to Paddington?"

"I thought you were bloody dying!" He exclaimed, throwing his arms up. "You said you were injured!"

I laughed. I couldn't help it. I needed a good laugh. "Yeah, with a broken foot! I'm not bloody dying!" He let out a loud sigh and trudged over to the chair, dropping himself down in it. He looked wore out. Like, so wore out that he had bags under his eyes and his five o'clock shadow was way past being a five o'clock shadow. It was the start of a full on man beard. But he could pull it off. Not saying I necessarily liked it, but to each their own.

"How'd it happen?" He questioned. That simple question made me look down at the lap. I didn't want to tell him how it happened. It would make him insanely mad. And knowing how his temper was, he'd more then likely go and have a few choice words with Harry. Especially with how he hurt me in the past. Jaxon wasn't someone I went and told about what Harry did to me. I think me not telling him made him that much more angry, but I knew if I did, it would end badly. So in the end, him finding out first hand that the reason for my injury was Harry wouldn't end well. If he was sober. If he was a little tipsy, he'd take it a bit better.

Here's to hoping he was tipsy.

"When I went with Harry the other night."

He was silent. The silence was deafening. And he wasn't tipsy. The silence spoke volumes. I knew before he even opened his mouth to speak, that what he was about to say wouldn't be pleasant. "I'm going to kill the fucking wanker. That no good piece of fucking rubbish."

"Don't waste your time," I mumbled. "He's not worth it."

He huffed. "Damn right he's not worth it. But boy would it make me feel ten times better if I hurt him."

Hurting him wouldn't solve anything, even if it would make us feel better. Like I said, he wasn't worth it. Our time didn't need to be wasted on him. He hurt me before and he still was, therefore he wasn't worth it. All he did was hurt me. I didn't need that in my life anymore.

"He may deserve it, but you don't need to waste your time," I replied. "He'll end up hurting himself in the end. Let him do it to himself."

&&&

"You need anything, Lo?"

There was something about having someone take care of me that irked me. But in this situation, I couldn't really do anything about it. My Druncle was always the caring person who went above and beyond. When he took care of someone, he gave it his all. He had temporarily moved into my flat. By temporarily, I mean he packed up pretty much all of his clothes and his other stuff that would fit in his two huge suitcases and brought them. He took over my spare bedroom. Okay, let's be honest, he took over my whole flat. It didn't even smell like my perfume or air freshener anymore. It smelled like his cologne, aftershave, and body wash. It smelled like a man.

"No." I shook my head. "I'm fine. Thanks though."

He nodded as he slipped on his jumper. "I'll be gone for a few hours. If you need anything call Peter. I told him this morning when I got the paper that I would be gone for a while today, so he knows. Don't open the door for strangers. Don't leave the flat. Don't start a fire. Don't—"

I cut him off. "I think I know how to take care of myself, Jax. This is my flat after all."

"Oh shut up," he snapped, narrowing his eyes at me. "You're my only niece! I have the right to worry about you."

"Leave before I hit you with my crutches." To show him I was serious, I waved one of my crutches in the air. He left with a quick kiss to my cheek and a promise that he'd be back in a few hours. Once he was gone I let out a sigh of relief. Don't get me wrong, I love him, but he was smothering me.

Logan Masters @LoganMasters
This whole having a broken foot just isn't flying with me.

Logan Masters @LoganMasters
I literally can't do anything.

Logan Masters @LoganMasters
Someone come entertain me.

Logan Masters @LoganMasters
I'm having flashbacks of my grade four jungle gym catastrophe. Someone come save me from such horrid memories.


I locked me phone and laid it on the coffee table. Jaxon had got me up early when he was leaving for his early morning run, so I was tired. The pain medicine was taking its toll. And I let it. I fell asleep on the couch with a rerun of Doctor Who playing on the telly.

&&&

Loud talking woke me up. It was coming from outside my front door in the hall. And I knew who it was. I'd know that voice anywhere. It was Harry.

"I'm worried about her, El!" He exclaimed. "She won't talk to me and feels the need to ignore me. I'm the reason her foot is broke, I feel like I need to be there for her."

"She doesn't want your help, Harry," she sighed. Why was she here? Glancing at the clock on the wall, I saw it was way past time for my Druncle to be home, so I'm guessing he called her to see if she could come and sit with me. "You took her out to 'your spot' and then she finds out that you're talking to another girl."

"But I don't like Kendall."

"But she doesn't know that." Where are you going with this Eleanor? "She still loves you, as much as she tries to deny it, she does. Her going to your spot with you was her way of letting you back in. And then she finds out that you're talking to another girl. It's like you hurt her all over again. That little bit of trust she was putting in you is gone now."

There was something about what she said that made me want to cry. Everything she said was true. I still loved him and I always would. Me letting him back in was a chance I took and it backfired on me. When the paparazzi were firing off questions about him and Kendall I wanted to slap myself. I was stupid to think he would change. I mean, here I was letting him back in and he was talking to another girl. There was no guy in my life. Jimmy had taken himself out of my life and I wasn't about to jump into another relationship.

What Harry did with the whole Taylor publicity stunt thing hurt and I would never forget it. But that didn't change the fact that I loved him. He was the first guy I said 'I love you' too. He was my first everything. My first kiss. My first real boyfriend. Everything. I had a bond with him that I would never have with another guy.

"How do I fix it?" He sounded so broken. "I want to fix it, but I don't know how. I love her, El."

Eleanor let out another sigh. "The only way to truly fix it, would be going back in time."

Harry mumbled something that I didn't catch.

"But I will say this, she needs to be taken care of. Talk to her and take care of her. Her uncle is staying with her now, but I'll tell him that she's staying with me until she goes back to the doctor. Talk her into stay with you and show her that you still care about her."

What the hell, Eleanor?
♠ ♠ ♠
Logan

I'm kind of blocking on this. Sorry.