Status: Short little chapters for a short little story :)

Reverie

Chapter Five

I remember the first time Logan met my family. I had never seen him that nervous in the entirety of our relationship.

“Are you sure this is dressy enough? Maybe I should put something else on instead,” Logan rambled on, looking at his clothes in the mirror.

I shook my head and laughed quietly to myself. He was definitely worried about meeting my parents. I glanced over and noticed he was now changing his tie for the third time.

“Logan, I am positive. You could meet them in jeans and a t-shirt and they still would love you,” I looked closely at his new tie “but if you really want to wow them, you should wear the tie you just had on.”

He sighed and sat down on the bed next to me, rubbing his face with his hands. “What if they don’t like me? What if they are completely appalled by something I do and insist we break up?”

I chuckled and patted his knee. “They would be crazy to not like you. Plus, I’m an adult. They can’t tell me who I can and can’t date. You have nothing to worry about, okay? Now then, we should probably get going if we wanna get there on time!”

The car ride went by quickly, and soon enough we were entering my childhood home.

“Mom? Dad? We’re here!”

My parents rushed into the foyer, instantly enveloping me with hugs. My mom grinned and spoke to Logan, “So you must be this Logan we’ve heard so much about!” She loudly whispered to me, “You never mentioned how handsome he is!”

Logan beamed at her comment, and shook my dad’s hand. “It’s nice to meet you, sir.”

My dad grinned and pulled him into a huge hug, “Please, call me Michael.”

My mother ushered us into the dining room, explaining what was for dinner.

“See? I told you they’d love you,” I whispered in Logan’s ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've updated last, my school's fall play started up and I got cast as Susan in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe! I'm super excited, but I've been so busy lately that I've hardly gone on the computer. I'll try my best to update once a week depending on my schedule :)