The Hunter

“What brings you to the local watering hole?” She asked, her eyes darting between the two men before focusing once more on Dean.

“What doesn’t bring us here?” Dean asked, causing Sam to give a dramatic roll of his eyes and shook his head a bit before plucking away at the keyboard of his laptop. The blonde gave a soft laugh and flipped her hair over her shoulder before leaning closer to Dean. The dazzling smile the girl wore slowly dropped and she blinked a few times, her eyes locked on the eldest Winchester.

“I’m going to ask you again; what brings you here?” She asked in a low, no-nonsense kind of tone, blinking once and her eyes flooded with a black, inky color. She blinked again at her baby blues were right back in place. There was a certain stiffness that hung in the air and the waitress cutting the lemons abruptly stopped, eyes focused on the only three customers in the bar. Before there was a flurry of action from the men, the waitress cutting the lemons spun the knife around in her fingers. She’d been cutting lemons earlier and knew that it was a sharp enough blade. In one swift movement, she tossed the knife toward the blonde’s back, having it lodge just beside her spine.

The demon gasped softly, eyes swooping around the room to find the reason there was a knife stuck in her back, and it gave the brothers just enough time to do their job. Dean pulled a special sort of blade from his pocket and thrust it into the demon’s side. There was a small display of flashes from within the demon; something sort of electrical looking. What was once a beautiful, blonde demon crumpled to the ground and the brothers stared at it for a moment, Dean with the bloody knife in his hand. Both brothers looked up to the waitress behind the bar, their mouths dropped open and their eyes slightly wider than usual. The waitress merely stood there, her fingers splayed on the bar and her palms pressed flat against the cool wood. Her eyes flickered between the two of them, but she looked a little less surprised than they expected her to look. Sam and Dean shot glances to each other, a multitude of thoughts behind their eyes before Sam turned away to pack up the laptop and Dean swiped the blood off of his blade. It was only a second that they had their eyes off of the girl, but when they looked back up she was gone and the bar was completely empty spare the corpse at their feet.

“Aw, damn it,” Dean grumbled, frowning a bit, “we’ve got a body to get rid of and whoever that chick was is gone.”

“Maybe it’s for the best that she is. She’s probably another
hunter,” Sam said, shrugging a bit as he slung the laptop bag over his shoulder and let out a heavy sigh. “I’ll go put this up and help you get rid of Miss. Blonde here.”