‹ Prequel: Autumn's Monologue.
Sequel: Nothing Like You.

Hold Me Down

So I Thought.

Surprised right? Don’t be, it took a long time for her to come around, but she noticed that Tucker was right, through Annie of course. Tucker and Annie always talked about everything—she learned that I wasn’t ruining his life, the furthest from it.

“How was she, not a handful?”

I smiled.

“Katie, they’re sixteen, not three. They enjoyed themselves today.”

“Mom! Can I stay the night please? Tucker’s uncle’s in a band and just gave him tickets to their show tomorrow and said we can go, can I?! Please?!”

=-=-=-=

I should’ve rethought Tucker’s birthday present. Dragging two obviously in love teenagers was not the brightest idea—ever. I had to remain at least a good three feet behind them while they talked animatedly about Bert’s band. I only caught small bits of the opening band; apparently Bert told Tucker it was a surprise.

We made it around the corner of the venue, met with the site of hundreds of people standing in line. I smirked inwardly, we didn’t have to wait in line—one thing I was glad not to do today. I heard remarks as we walked right by them all and up to the front door.

“Michael and Tucker Way with Guest.”

He pulled an envelope out of his jacket and handed it to me, our passes were inside, I could feel them. I smiled as he let us in. Tucker and Annie squealed in excitement as we were ushered inside. I glanced around the crowded venue, it was rather small in size but that meant it was going to be crazy.

I’ve listened to their stuff, it’s not something you just stand and bob your head along with—you want to move. I eyed the bar, something I really never did but on occasion. I walked over and noticed a few people sitting a few stools down as I ordered and Aboslut Lemonade.

I was startled when I felt a body collide with my backside and arms wrap tightly around me.

“MIKES! You made it! I thought for certain you’d have chickened out, where’s the kiddies?”

I pointed to my right as Tucker and Annie giggled at Quinn.

“You guys have to come check out the view from the stage, you’ll love it!”

He took my hand, dragging me behind him; I made sure to grab my drink before being led off. He led us to a small door which led to a hallway with numerous doors before finally turning right up a small flight of stairs.

He was right; the view was amazing from here. I was definitely going to watch from right here. I heard movement out in the hall, a muffled conversation.

“…tell me we were going to be here, and only for the show, you guys are fucking evil!”

“We know you’d never…”

I watched as a string of guys walked by, carrying various instrument cases. I turned my attention back out to the crowd that was gathering. I felt another set of arms wrap around my shoulders.

“Uncle Gee!”

I felt Tucker slam into the both of us; apparently it was my brother who had hugged me this time.

“Hey kiddo, oh hello Annie!”

She waved.

“Did Uncle Bert invite you too?”

He shook his head as Ray walked in.

“The opening band, an old friend of Ray’s is the drummer, he saw us outside and told us to grab a pass each and carry something in. Hey free show!”
♠ ♠ ♠
mmkay....i know it's short and doesn't really answer anything, again...but i wanted to have something up before i left for work...just a huge HINT....that small blip of over-heard conversation is really important!!

oh and because someone asked or mentioned, i found a 'picture' of what i'll use as tucker for this story, i didn't take it, i don't know who did but i found it on photobucket: http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r224/ilovedavey161/hot%20emo%20boys/?action=view&current=emoinglasses.jpg