Status: Hiatus~

Those Ocean Eyes

A Blossoming Friendship

Noah held his hand out to Niall and the two exchanged friendly hello's. He turned to my sister and she gave him a friendly hug. Finally, he reached Andrew, who was in my arms.

"Hello Andrew. You're auntie has told me many lovely things about you," he softly said.

Andrew giggled happily and wrapped his short arms around my neck, pressing our cheeks together.

"She's da bestest auntie in da whole world!" Andrew declared, his little voice squeaking.

Noah looked at me and confessed, "Yeah, you're right. She is something special."

I let out an awkward chuckle and motioned for everyone to follow me into the kitchen. Amaya set a grocery bag on to the countertop. From the bag, she pulled a bag of Cesar salad and Oreo ice cream.

"How did you know to grab dessert?" I chuckled.

"Well," she began, "I am your sister and I know how your mind works."

I rolled my eyes and directed her to put the ice cream into the freezer. I set Andrew down as Amaya made his plate. I noticed Noah standing in the dining room, arms folded across his chest.

"Hey," I greeted.

He flashed a smile before saying, "You have a beautiful family, Amelia. Thanks for inviting me over."

I shrugged my shoulders, "It's no big deal. But you owe me," I added with a wink.

Even though I had only known Noah for a short period of time, mere hours, it felt as if I had known him for years. His luscious eyes drew me in and gave my nervous mind peace. For the first time in months, I felt like myself. No one, not even my ex could ruin that happiness, that's the effect Noah had on me.

Dinner was filled with chatter and laughter. Before I knew it, my little Andy was asleep and Amaya was yawning. I looked at the clock to see that it was nearly 11:30 at night.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed, "You three have been here for like, six hours! Shit, why don't you head home?"

Amaya nodded her head, stopping another yawn from leaving her lips. Niall easily lifted the little boy from my sofa after hugging me and giving my cheek a peck. He said goodbye to Noah while his wife shuffled slowly into my arms and told me she loved me.

"I love you too runt, now go. I'm not going anywhere, at least for a while," I reassured. She let go and looked at me. I felt an arm around my waist.

"I promise I won't let her leave," Noah winked.

A sleepy smile spread across Amaya's face, "Noah, thank you for bringing my sister back to me. Milly, he's a keeper."

My face flushed a crimson while I struggled to explain that we weren't together. My baby sister shrugged her shoulders and stated "not yet."

I gave her a brief punch before shoving her out. I closed the door and let out a deep sigh in embarrassment.

"Noah, I am so-" I began.

"Please, don't apologize Amelia. You did nothing wrong. I personally take it as a complement," he grinned. He really did just make my life easier.

"Is it possible to become best friends with some person you met only 16 hours ago?" I joked.

He let out a laugh as he extended his hand. "Best mates?"

I gripped his warm hand, "The best of mates."
♠ ♠ ♠
A little filler type chapter :)
Sorry this is all so mushy x) I do have a very good idea of how I can spice it up ;D
Anyways, thank you SO much for the 72 reads, 3 recommendations, and 13 subscribers!
My goal is 85 readers, 5 recommendations and 20 subscribers! It would mean everything of you would help me achieve my goals :)
And I would like to announce that I have been brainstorming multiple new fanfic ideas. A few with Tom Hardy, a few with Heath Legder, and a few that are based more off of classic Hollywood stars :)
Please comment and let me know what you think! Feedback is much appriciated!
xoxo Marissa ~