Status: Hiatus~

Those Ocean Eyes

Punching Bag

Once we declared our friendship, I tugged Noah over to my couch and turned on a RomCom. I grabbed my blanket from the foot of the couch and snuggled up.

"Oi! What about me?" He joked. "Move over, I'm cold too!"

I let out a giggle and and lifted the blanket for him. He slid next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I rolled over and laid my head on his chest. His heartbeat was strong and soothing.

"Don't fall asleep on me, love," he joked.

I let out a soft chuckle and turned my eyes towards his. "I'll fall asleep on you if I want to. You're quite comfy," I declared.

We turned our attention to the screen, Noah pulling my body closer. My breathing became soft and even as I began to drift into the world of slumber.

When I awoke in the morning, the blanket was around my frame securely, Noah no where to be found. I let out a sad sigh and trudged to the kitchen in hopes of finding my phone. Upon reaching my cell, I checked my text messages. There were three unread messages.

The first was from my sister. It read: *We all had a great time! Need to do it again! Loved meeting Noah ;) Keep him around xoxo*

I rolled my eyes and read the next message from Steven, which surprised me. *Hey! I'm heading to the gym around 9, wanna work out with me?*

A sheepish grin spread from one side of my mouth to another. I liked Steven, I truly did. He seemed to be very genuine and he was great to look at, I noted. I looked at the microwave to see that it was 8:32 in the morning.

*Sounds absolutely lovely! I'll meet you there! :)* I quickly typed in response.

I finally reached the last unread message, it was from Noah. He must've put his number in my phone before he left. I chewed the side of my cheek as I opened his message.

*Hope you don't mind that I put my number in ;) Sorry for leaving, I have work :( Care to meet up for dinner tonight? Say, 7:30ish?*

A soft blush worked its way across my face as I re-read his text. *Sounds like a plan! Have a good day working, I'm going to the gym and cleaning, oh how I love days off ;) See you at 7:30* I sent the message and set down my phone.

I walked over to my fruit bowl and grabbed an apple, taking a large bite once I rinsed it off in the sink. I continued to eat the delicious fruit as my feet took me towards my bedroom to change.

I shed off my clothes from yesterday and put on yoga pants, a sports bra, and a tank-top on instead. My bag was placed on my shoulders while my keys and phone were in hand.

I locked the door and began to jog down the stairs. Within a ten minute walk, I was entering the gym. Liam was working the front desk, he shared the job with Stephanie.

We exchanged greetings and were a small conversation until I felt a hand on the small of my back. I turned my head and was greeted my Steven's smile.

"Good morning Amelia," he grinned. "How're ya doin' Liam? Still with that lovely firecracker?"

"I'm great, thanks. And actually, we're in engaged," Liam confessed.

Steven gave Liam's shoulder a squeeze and congratulated him, a toothy smile across his face. The pair talked for a little longer before Steven and I said goodbye to the newly engaged man.

Steven threw a long, muscular arm over my shoulder after I ditched my backpack. He led me over to the near boxing ring and began to try to teach me how to throw a proper punch.

My efforts were embarrassing and pitiful. Finally, Steven stood behind me and grabbed my fists, forcing me to mimic his movements. I started to get the hang of it, so he stepped away, grinning in approval. I continue to punch the bag while Steven worked on his own bag.

My mind was completely focused until I felt a hand grab my waist, which caused me to squeal and fall. I glanced up to see Noah laughing heartily.

"What you do that for?" I growled, a scowl on my face.

"I tried calling your name, but you completely ignored me," he said as he laughter stopped.

"What are you even doing here anyways?" I snapped, standing up.

He grinned and explained, "I work here. I am a personal trainer, much like Arthur and your lovely new friend Steven. Through, don't tell the bloke, I'm much better."

I rolled my eyes, slugging his arm. "Whatever. You're an ass, Noah," I declared. Steven popped his head around the bag, sweat lightly on his body.

"Oh, hey Noah. I thought you had today off?" He questioned, glancing between the two of us.

"I did, but some clients called and requested me, so here I am. Though I really didn't want to leave where I was staying," he confessed, stealing a look at me.

A knowing grin was plastered on Steven's lips. "You're a dog, Noah," he laughed.

"No, no nothing like that happened," Noah disagreed, "We just talked and watched a movie. Then she fell asleep on me. It was completely innocent, I swear!"

Steven's eyes danced with questions as he nodded his head to Noah's response. "Would you mind working with Amelia? I gotta go find Arthur and figure out when we can work together," Steven asked his friend.

Noah said that he didn't mind, and Steven left after pressing his lips to my temple and waving goodbye to Noah.

I turned my brown orbs towards Noah's blue-green orbs and grinned before turning back to face the still bag in front of me.

"So, what should I wear to dinner?" I questioned.

"Forget about dinner. Pretend that bag sitting two inches from you face is that slime ball ex of yours, let the anger out," he announced, taking the role of trainer.

Once those words left his plump lips, I felt the anger course through my body as I began to swing at the bag.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long! Had a bit of writers block. But here it is :) hope you all enjoy! Comments, recommendations, and subscribers are much appriciated!

Just want to say thank you for almost 100 readers! WOW that's incredible to me!
xoxo M