Status: Completed.

You Should've Been Here

As I comb back through my memory,

Vic watched Madison through his position against the bus as he waited on Mike to hurry up. Madison was joking around wth Kellin and he watched her a bit love struck. It was a new feeling. An incredible one none the less, but he wasn't use to it. Use to feeling the need to always be around someone, unable to not stare at them when they were in view. He didn't bother to move his eyes as he adjusted his raybans and the bill of his hat.

"Dude, you are pathetic." Mike snickered, having snuck off the bus before Vic realized.

Vic rolled his eyes and diverted his attention to the boy, "What now?"

"You. You're literally standing here drooling over a girl you already have!"

"So what? I'm not suppose to because she's my girlfriend? Just wait Mike, one day you'll get it." Vic said shoving his brother causing him to laugh, "Never be a pansy about it like you."

"Yeah? Let's see how much of a pansy I am when I punch you in the face."

"If you can reach it short man." Mike joked and Vic pushed him once more causing his converse to scuff the dirt as they reached Kellin and Madison. The pair looked over and Mike was still snickering.

"Stop picking on your brother." Madison spoke knowingly and Mike's mouth fell open, "How did you know?"

"You're laughing, he looks mad. Pretty simple."

Kellin laughed, "Apparently she knows the whole family well."

"It's a sad gift don't tell anyone."

Vic cut his eyes at the girl and she chuckled before looping her arm through his, "Come on boyfriend, let's look around."

"Oh sure. We weren't going to go unload or anything." Mike stated and Madison shrugged, "You don't play for hours!"

"Some people like to do things ahead of time." Kellin responded and Madison rolled her eyes, "Shush it Quinn. Don't you have something to do?"

"Is this you trying to get Vic alone?" Mike asked with a smirk and Madison rolled her eyes. She didn't want to say that was the case, but they hadn't been alone in days, minus when they were cramped into a bunk, and she wanted to be able to sit at a bench and just talk with him alone when she could.

"Yeah she is. So you two go play." Vic boldly interjected and Mike snickered, "Fine, come on Kel. I can see we aren't wanted."

Once the boys were long gone Vic slid his hand into hers, "You wanted me alone why?" He asked and she grinned as she stared ather feet hitting the dirt below.

"I don't know. Just miss it being just us."

Vic chuckled, "I know what you mean."

She looked up at a smile hit his lips, "Come." He whispered pulling her further from the buses and to a grassy field not far off.

"Feels good here." She said falling into the grass on her back.

Vic chuckled and softly sat beside her, "The joys of the north."

"Florida sucked. I thought I would die from a heat stroke."

"Doesn't bother me."

"Duh. You're Mexican." She teased and squinted to look at him knowing he would be glaring at her now, "Shush." He responded removing his sunglasses and placing them on the girl's eyes.

Madison sighed and placed her hands behind her head as she shut her eyes. It's times like these that made things seem so perfect. Vic here with her, doing what they both loved. If only they could stay in their bubble.

"Madi..." Vic spoke and she hummed a response. He fiddled with her hair as his voice softened, "I love you."

"I love you too, Fuentes."

He leaned down and pecked her cheek gently, "I know I'm not perfect. I've screwed up a lot, even in our friendship and I feel like once this tour is over we will be faced with the real test, you know? I feel like I'm doing everything right, right now that is and I don't want to ever disappoint you. If it does though, and we go home and I do something shitty, I just, don't want you to give up on me. Don't give up on me, novio. If we get home and things go sour if you still love me even if you're fucking pissed off at me, I want us to work it out. Nothing worth having is easy. I get that and I'll fight for you no matter how hard it gets. I just, want you to know that. I've been thinking about it a lot. We only have a few weeks left and I'm scared to lose you now."

Madison stared at him through his glasses as the now vulnerable boy messed with the grass beside her.

"Vic, why would you lose me? We've been friends forever."

"Yeah, but things are different now. We're different now."

Madison raised up, propping herself up on her elbows putting her inches from Vic now, "I know you Vic. I know you better than you know yourself sometimes. I know what I'm getting myself into. I know you aren't perfect, neither am I. We will be ok." She said with a serious expression she didn't realize she had, but she meant it. She wasn't planning to give up on him. She never had, it wouldn't change.

Vic looked up his dark hair falling into his face, "I know I'm sounding fucking lame and I'm sorry, I just, like I said, I've been thinking about it lately."

"It's not fucking lame."

Vic chuckled as the curse word left her lips, "You even make bad words sound cute."

Madison rolled her eyes and he smiled as he raised his hand and gently pulled the sunglasses off her eyes. Nothing really was said in the moment. He placed the shades on the ground before running his fingers into her long hair that he loved.

"You're right. We will be ok." He whispered his nerves calming down now that she seemed so certain of it.

She nodded and he leaned in kissing her lips softly, "Love you."

"Love you." She responded and he kissed her several more times before lying in the grass.

She watched him for a moment before doing the same, a smile on her face, "So, Kellin without Katelynne is..."

"Kellin two years ago?"

The pair laughed, "Yes, it scares me."

"Yeah and then he gets back to his bus and calls her to talk in a baby voice to Copeland."

Madison laughed, "He's like the cutest dad ever. Pictures of them together literally melts my heart. Like, I can't even...I mean girls probably like him more now."

"Who knew a baby would be a chick magnet? Maybe I should invest in one."

"Are you trying to be a chick magnet?"

Vic laughed, "I mean, will you swoon over me like that?"

"There was no swooning!"

"Oh there was!"

Madison rolled her eyes as Vic laughed, "I'll just borrow Copeland next time."

"Awe can we?"

"Can we? I said me!"

"But I like her..."

Vic chuckled and turned over onto his stomach, placing one of his arms around her waist as his eyes met hers, "We can just have our own baby."

"But will it look like Kellin?" She teased and Vic rolled his eyes, "Fuck that. It will look better than him. Look at us! I mean fuck, you are beautiful. Our kid is set!"

Madison blushed and he pecked her nose, "Guess we will wait and see."

Madison laughed, "One day."

He kissed her quickly and Madison spoke, "So, would you be totally bummed if I went home a week earlier than planned?"

"Why would you do that?"

"Because, Ravyn's birthday is 2 days after we get home and I need to plan something. She planned mine."

Vic sighed wanting to tell her no simply because the thought of being without her for 5 days made his chest tighten already.

"I'd be bummed yes, but I expect nothing less from you, so go." He spoke with a grin. Madison was the caring one out of them. She thought of everyone else and he loved that about her.

"You sure?"

"Madison, yeah. It'll be fine. Will suck, but it will be fine."

She smiled and kissed him, "You're the best."

"I know."

Madison laughed and Vic pulled her up from the ground, "Come on. I really need to help the guys before they kick me out or something."

"Yeah right."

Vic chuckled as he watched her dust herself off before linking their hands together.

"So what do you have in mind for Ravyn?" He asked as they walked slowly back.

"I'm not sure yet."

"Maybe a themed party. You know she isn't big on surprises anyways."

Madison laughed, "I know. That sounds good. I'll think of something."

"I'm sure you will. You always do."

"Yeah, and I'm sure when you get home I'll be a nervous wreck and you'll have to help."

"And I will happily do so." He responded pulling her to a stop in front of the bus. He held her hands as their eyes met and he smiled, "I'll come help you set up the merch once we're done."

"You don't have to."

Vic rolled his eyes, "I'll be there soon."

"Ok, ok." She grumbled and he cupped her face before pressing his lips to hers in a firm yet passionate filled kiss.

"Seriously. Don't fucking get all those boxes by yourself. Do you hear me? There are plenty of guys around to help and if I find out you did it all by yourself I'll be pissed." He spoke once they parted.

"Jeez! Just go!"

Vic rolled his eyes and pulled her in to kiss her once more, "I just wanna stand here and kiss you all day." He mumbled and she chuckled beneath his lips, "Go before they kill you."

"Love you." He breathed pecking her lips once more before taking off into a sprint. She sighed as she watched him in happiness. Sure, things would forever be different now. They had crossed too many lines for them not to be, but she oddly wasn't worried about it. For once, she wasn't questioning what she was to Vic and she was certain that's what made it all better. She knew she was right when she said that they would be ok when they got home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello. It's been a while. :) Anyways, things are going to pick up soon. I know it's been a little calm and lovey dovey lately. ;)

Thanks for commenting, subscribing, recommending. Seriously. Thank you. It makes my day when I see a new one of either!

OH and if anyone is interested, I have a new story I'm starting:
Never Enough Feat. Dan Flint