Status: Completed.

You Should've Been Here

How you said you'd be here.

Madison sighed as she finished up packing for her early flight the next morning. Vic stood leaned against the bunk watching, debating if he just tell her that she couldn't go anywhere. The thought of being without her for a week wasn't really appealing now and he dreaded it already.

"Ok, done." She responded with a grin as she sat up her now zipped suite case and stepped in front of him.

Vic sighed, "Great."

Her eyebrow raised in curiousity and he swiftly pulled her to him, "I am going to miss you so much, novio. The thought of not seeing you for that long makes me sick."

Her eyes met his and he kissed over her cheek, "Maybe I'm sounding ridiculous, I don't know, but I don't care."

"You aren't ridiculous." She mumbled pressing her face into his shirt, "Because I'm going to miss you more."

"Doubt it."

"I always miss you more."

Vic rolled his eyes, "Oh you think?"

"Yeah, that's why I try and make you come home any chance I get."

"Yeah and I try to get you on tour any chance I get."

"Ok, maybe we are even."

Vic chuckled, "I'm sure we are. Are you going to watch us play tonight?"

"Yeah."

Vic nodded running his hand into her hair as he leaned against the bunk, holding her tightly to him with his free arm.

"Don't be sad, it's only a few days."

"Only a few days? I haven't been without you in weeks, Madi."

"I know..." She grumbled, clinging to him.

"So yeah, I am sad already."

"I can stay..."

"No, go. I'll be fine. I'm just going to miss you."

She grinned weakly and raised up, kissing him quickly.

"So...where are the boys?"

"Who knows, probably playing video games with Kellin."

Madison nodded and he grabbed up her hand, "But who cares?"

She simply shrugged and a grin hit his lips, "Come on. Let's see what's around here. We have a few hours to kill and I wouldn't mind it just being us until the show."

"Ok." She whispered and he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before pulling her off the bus. Vic swung their hands as they walked aimlessly down the sidewalk and Madison hummed a song to herself as she tried not to think about leaving.

"What are you singing?" He asked and she looked over at him, "Oh. I have Sleeping With Sirens in my head."

Vic chuckled, "Oh how ironic."

Madison giggled in response, "I assume you may be right."

"So when you have today you should say all that you have to say." Vic sang and Madison laughed, "Yep. That song."

Vic smiled, "What can I say? I'm good like that."

"Oh must be it."

Vic bumped her gently causing her to laugh once more. He was going to miss her laugh, that was for sure.

"I try to remind myself that I'll see you in a week, but I know once we get to the airport, I may or may not let you go...so..."

Madison chuckled, "You'll have to. You already bought the ticket."

"So? That doesn't matter to me. I'd say you're worth a hundred dollars or so." He teased and she laughed, "Oh really? Thanks!"

Vic laughed, "I'm kidding!"

Madison rolled her eyes, a smile still on her lips as she shook her head and looked down at her dirty converses.

"Wouldn't give you up for anything in the world, novio." He whispered giving her hand a squeeze before they walked into a coffee shop.

The two managed to kill time before the show and once in the venue Vic seemed to feel worse. After the show he knew they would be driving her to the airport and that seemed to hurt every time it crossed his mind.

"Vic, be happy." She said elbowing him lightly as they watched Sleeping With Sirens set.

"Can't novio. I'll be sleeping without you tonight."

She sighed and linked her hand with his, "I love you though."

"I love you too."

She leaned against him as a sigh left her lips. This was hard on her to. Sure, they had spent weeks, even months apart before, but this time it was different. They had always been Vic and Madison, but now it was so much more and that made it so much harder.

The show seemed to go by way too quickly and when Pierce The Veil got to their last song Madison felt like crying simply because she knew she would be leaving in less than an hour.

"Ok, this is our last song guys, and I'm pretty bummed about it simply because my beautiful girlfriend is leaving me tonight and I have to be without her for..."

"7 whole days. Wow." Mike chimed in causing Madison to chuckle along with Kellin who had joined her.

"Whatever. Can you play now or what?"

They broke into the last song and Madison tried to stay focused.

"You'll survive." Kellin spoke with a smirk.

"I know, it just sucks."

"You're right. It does and I'd be lying if I said it gets easier because it doesn't."

"Thanks..."

"Well it doesn't, but you both have to realize you are both doing what you love."

"I know..." Madison mumbled and he patted her back, "But being apart and then seeing each other for the first time in weeks is better than you can imagine. Like, you think you love them and then when you see them you're like shit, it's more than that. I'm a lucky son of a bitch."

Madison laughed, "Oh thanks for that pep talk and your way with words."

Kellin laughed right as the boys ran off the stage. Madison didn't notice the song had even ended until Mike bumped her on purpose.

"Oh hello, have you been sucked into Kellin land?" He teased and Madison rolled her eyes, "Where is Vic?"

"Probably went to cry."

"He deserves to punch you." She responded shoving him lightly causing him to laugh as she headed to the dressing room.

"Vic Fuentes?" She called out as she opened the door to the empty room. She sighed and stepped inside hearing the shower running. She sat on the couch waiting on him to hurry up. Her mind managed to wonder off into a bit of a day dream until she heard the water shut off. Ten minutes later she was joined by a now fresh Vic.

"Oh hey." He said running a towel through his wet hair.

"Oh hey."

He grabbed up his bag and with his free hand grabbed up her hand. The pair was silent as they left the venue and headed back to the bus. Once inside the silence seemed to be overwhelming. Madison bit her bottom lip as she sat on the couch. He dropped his bag before shifting his eyes to her. He couldn't hide the sadness anymore.

"Novio..." He whispered and she looked up at him, a chuckle leaving her lips simply because she couldn't believe she was getting teary eyed over something so silly.

"I'm sorry. I'm being ridiculous." She said waving her hands in front of her eyes to stop her watering eyes.

"No you aren't." He spoke gently as he sat beside her and grabbed up her hands.

She breathed in and he leaned in kissing her cheek.

"I'm just really sad." She whispered and he brought one of his hands to her cheek.

"I know, love. I know. Just keep telling yourself it's only a week. Just one week and then we will be together again."

She nodded and he brushed her skin with his thumb.

"And what the fuck am I going to tell Mark?"

Vic couldn't help but bust out laughing, "Fuck. I forgot all about that!"

"Oh really?! Well I didn't!"

Vic chuckled, "It'll be fine babe. You won't start back until I get back. I'll figure it out."

"Ok."

"Wow you must really be sad if you're not arguing about it."

She shrugged and he gave her a weak grin, "How about you just let me hold you until we are there?" He asked softly and she nodded instantly. Vic settled into the couch and once he was comfortable enough he pulled the girl to him. She cuddled to his chest and he held onto her tightly.

Of course not long after the guys began to loudly enter the bus and once Jaime noticed the two he brought his hand over his heart, "This is seriously so heart breaking."

"I'll punch him for you." Tony said as he walked by to his bunk and Madison chuckled into Vic's shirt.

"I'm exhausted." Mike said ignoring them and sitting at the table.

"Well go to sleep."

"And miss seeing my little sister-in-law off? I think not!"

Madison rolled her eyes with a laugh and Vic shook his head, "She'll never be because she'll be terrified of the idea of having to be related to you."

"Yeah, yeah." Mike snickered as he opened his laptop. The drive to the airport was shorter than the pair wanted and Mike decided to be nice and grab her bags for her as Vic held her hand tightly and followed the guys inside.

"Thanks Mike." She responded as he sat them by her feet and she immediately pulled him into a hug.

"You're welcome little girl. Be good." He replied, hugging her back before Jaime pulled him away and hugged her making her laugh.

"I'm sad that I'll be the only sane one now." Tony mumbled as he hugged her.

Madison chuckled, "It's just a week. Stay strong!"

She waved at the boys once more as they headed back to the bus to give her and Vic some alone time.

Vic breathed in and stepped in front of her, "I'll see you soon."

"I know." She whispered as his fingers grasped at hers.

"I love you." He added as he focused on their hands. He knew if he looked at her he wouldn't be able to keep cool.

"I love you too."

"You gonna be ok?" He asked and she grinned although he wasn't looking, "I don't know Vic, are you going to be ok?"

Vic grinned weakly and finally locked eyes with her, "I'll be fine, novio. I promise. Now get on that plane before I kidnap you." He spoke as he cupped her face.

"Ok..."

He kissed her lips desperately before pressing them to her forehead, "Call me when you get home."

"I will."

"Love you."

"Love you." She responded and she made herself grab up her bags. Vic stood there and watched her until he couldn't see her anymore.

Just seven more days...surely he would survive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not that this story is even close to over, but I'm thinking about doing a Kellin Quinn story once it's over. Thoughts? I hate all the Vic and Kellin slash stories out there so I figured why not?

Thanks for commenting:
Abmora01
lovelyhope

And for all the recommendations! I'm seriously flattered so many people like this story because it has become my favorite to write. :3