Status: Completed.

You Should've Been Here

And it was like slow motion.

Vic all but flew back home and once in the city limits he decided to take a chance and see if everyone was still at the party. He glanced at his watch and a sigh left his lips. Madison had turned her phone off hours ago and he was now officially a mess.

He pulled up at the bar, almost hopping out of the car before he even parked. Of course he could tell this wasn't going to go his way as he walked to the door and there wasn't any noise. He groaned and opened the door slowly surprised to see Madison of all people cleaning up. His heart stopped at the sight of her and he watched her as she threw trash into a bag. He was a horrible boyfriend already. He could hear her sniffling from the door and he watched her as she wiped her cheeks. She was crying. More than likely over him and that seemed to make his heart hurt.

He managed to clear his throat and the girl spun around dropping the bag instantly. Once her eyes landed on his he felt like complete shit.

"Go home." She said before going back to what she was doing. She didn't want him to see her crying over him.

"You're right, Madi. I didn't even realize that's how it would come off and I'm sorry. I would never, ever chose anything over you. Ever. I wish you'd believe that. Not a stupid interview, a concert, music, anything. I truly mean that." Vic said sincerity lingering in his eyes as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Doesn't seem that way. And before you say I'm being selfish, I'm not. I understand things come up, but all I need is for you to just call and tell me. It's not that big of a deal, but you'd rather me get my hopes up and maybe you find it stupid that I look forward to seeing you, but I do."

Vic sighed, "I don't find you selfish or stupid. I look forward to seeing you too. I've literally been thinking about getting to see you all day."

"And yet you went to an interview."

"I know. I know. But they asked me last minute and I said yes before I thought it through and I thought it would be quick and yeah, I was stupid. It was my fault. It will never happen again."

The girl just shrugged as she tried to clean off a table. Not daring to look over at him.

"Be mad at me. I deserve it, but remember what we talked about before you left. You aren't going to get rid of me over one fucking fight because I love you too much."

She didn't dare speak and he breathed in, "Fine, don't talk to me, but let me help you clean. I'm not leaving you alone and I should kick the guys asses for doing so." He grumbled grabbing up a few empty, plastic cups.

The two worked in silence for a while and once they were done Vic followed her out.

"Where did you park?" He asked as she locked up the bar. One of their friends owned it so it wasn't that difficult to get it for the night.

"I didn't."

Vic groaned, "I swear. You want me to die of worry. Come on."

She followed him to his familiar car and he opened the door for her. He just wanted her to forgive him already because he wanted so badly to just grab her up and kiss her because he missed her so much.

She got in without much of a glance and once he was in the car he could feel the tension.

"Are you ever going to forgive me?" He finally asked and she shrugged causing him to sigh, "Ok."

He drove to her house slowly. Dreading the fact that he just got home and he would be spending the night without her already. It was pure torture.

Once he turned the car off she got out before he could even undo his seatbelt. He was in deeper shit than he assumed. He quickly sprinted after her and once at the door she turned around.

"Thanks for the ride. Goodnight."

He groaned and grabbed her waist before she could leave.

"Stop it baby. Please. Fuck. I get it. I fucked up yet again, but you missed me and I missed you and I find it hard to believe that you want to be without me tonight. I'm not afraid to admit that I don't want to. I haven't been around you in 7 days and I fucking miss you and I want to cuddle with you and kiss you and have pointless, late night conversations like we do."

Madison bit her bottom lip trying to tell herself not to give in like she always did but she could feel the anger chipping away. He was just so sweet sometimes that it was hard not to give in.

"Tell me you want me to leave and I will." He whispered as he inched his face closer to hers, her back now pressed against the door.

Madison shut her eyes tightly in order to avoid his stare so she could think straight.

"It isn't going to change, Vic." She whispered and once she felt him pull back she opened her eyes. His look alone was enough to make her heart ache. He looked hurt and she hated that, but it was how she felt.

"It will for a few months and then this will happen again." She whispered and his eyebrows furrowed together as the silence covered the pair. The only noise being from the crickets and the occasional passing car.

"What are you saying?" He finally asked and she shrugged. Vic sighed and ran his hand down his face, "But I love you."

"I love you too." She replied honestly and he groaned, "So you don't think I can change. You're clearly getting at that you don't want to be with me so how about just skipping to that part."

"I didn't say that..."

"That's really the only thing you can say! I mean, what else am I taking from this? That you'll be with me and in fear that I'll constantly disappoint you?!"

Madison crossed her arms and Vic was clearly growing angry as he paced the porch.

"You know, when Mike and Jessica broke up years ago, I couldn't let you go. Something would not let me do so. The thought of life without you in it was unthinkable. You've had a hold of me since the first day I met you, Madi. You're my Madi. You have been and I've been yours. No other girl could ever be you. I tried and it's impossible!" Vic replied, his pace quickening and his voice rising.

Madison bit her lip so hard she thought there would be blood.

"I only want you. Just you. No one else. You knew how I was before you agreed to be with me. No, that isn't an excuse for my behavior, but don't act like I'm horrible. So, yeah I try and please everyone else and end up screwing myself and the one person I care about the most, over. It's never my intention and I realize I need to think shit through more often. I get that, but don't break up with me because of the one thing I did wrong."

"It isn't that simple."

"It isn't that simple?!" Vic asked coming to a stop in front of her, "Yes it is! I love you, you love me!"

Madison breathed in and Vic quickly cupped her face, "You act like I cheated or physically hurt you. I'll try, ok? Just give me another chance. Things will be different. I'm different. I swear it. I just can't lose you. I won't."

Madison stared at him knowing she was going to give into him simply because she felt the same way he did. She couldn't be without him. She just simply wanted him to realize the consequences of his actions.

"Are you seriously having to think about this?" He asked, placing his hands on the door behind her, pinning her between it and him.

Madison sighed and relaxed her head on the door, "No, Vic." She whispered and relief seemed to wash over his face.

The boy gently placed his lips to her forehead before speaking, "I love you. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you. I'll make sure this never happens again. I promise."

"Ok." She whispered and he kissed her lips, "Can I please stay now?"

Madison nodded and he gently pulled her keys from her hand and unlocked the door as he grabbed a hold of her.

"I hate that I missed hours of watching you in this dress." He spoke once he locked the door behind them.

A weak grin hit Madison's lips and he chuckled as he pulled her in, "I hate fighting with you, baby." He whispered brushing her hair behind her ear.

"Me too."

"Never again."

"We shall see about that."

Vic frowned, "Well never about this again."

"That's a little more believable."

Vic rolled his eyes as he fell onto the couch, a sigh leaving his lips.

"Jesus, Madi. I swear. You're not easy that's for sure." He mumbled and she kicked off her heels and slid beside him, "Never claimed to be."

"Besides that, how was it?" He asked picking up her hand and she shrugged, "Good I assume. Your brother may now be romeo, but it was good."

Vic laughed, "What did he do? He wouldn't even tell me!"

"He surprised her at the party with flowers and asked her to be his girlfriend. He definitely one uped you."

"Oh yeah?" He asked with a chuckle and Madison nodded, "Oh yeah."

Vic laughed softly before pressing his lips to the top of her hand, "Yeah, well, I got you didn't I? Must have not been that horrible."

"You have always had me, so it was an unfair advantage."

"You are so full of shit." Vic replied with a smile and she nodded, "It was so."

He grinned and reached out brushing her hair back softly, "When did you first realize you had feelings for me?"

"When we were on tour and you were bandaging up my knee from Mike dropping me." She whispered and he grinned, "Our first kiss." He responded more to himself than her and she nodded, "Yeah. You?"

"That day pretty much sealed the deal for me, but I don't know, I think I always have and then when I got back from tour without you it kind of started to really surface and I couldn't hide from it anymore."

"You should have told me."

Vic shook his head no, "No, I mean, I was unsure and terrified of you not feeling the same and then me having to be without you forever."

"Oh come on Vic. You are the only boy I wanted to be around."

"Yeah, but in my mind it didn't seem logical. None of it matters now though." He replied, cupping her face all the while a smile lit his face.

"I have you now and I'm not going to lose you. Not over a fight, or over my career, or over anything." He added before kissing her lips, "I love you."

"I love you too." She whispered unsure how butterflies still filled her stomach from his words and touch alone.

"Good. Then we will be alright no matter what."

A grin hit her lips and he kissed her a few more times before speaking, "You know, other than the whole thing about your boss finding out about our fake baby."

Madison groaned and Vic couldn't help but laugh because of how much that effected her. Especially when he wasn't the least bit worried. He would fix that problem just like he fixed everything else for her, because that's what you do when you're in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really uncertain of how long this story is going to be. I can't decide if it's going to be over 20 chapters or not. I guess we will see! But anyways,

Thanks for the lovely comments;
Lovelyhope
Mell118
MariaRose
Khairena
:)