Status: Completed.

You Should've Been Here

And they're all laughing, as I'm looking around the room.

The day finally arrived.

The day Madison had been dreading for weeks.

She paced her office trying to prepare herself for what the day held before digging straight into her work.

Vic made it sound so easy. He was so calm about it all and here she was a nervous wreck. She assumed that was why they worked so well together. He calmed her down when needed.

A knock on her door made her jolt in place and she turned to see Vic of all people.

"Calm down. I'm here now."

Madison rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

Vic cupped her face, "I'm going to talk to him first."

"No..."

"Yes."

She frowned and he kissed her quickly, "Now sit at your desk and do whatever you do and surely this will be over by lunch, and then I plan to take you out."

"I don't like you..." She mumbled and Vic laughed, "Right, ok. Well see you soon."

Madison nodded forcing herself into her seat. She grabbed up her bag in order to find her ipod. She needed music right now. As she shuffled around for it a tampon fell from her bag and onto the floor which she immediately picked up and threw back in. Of course once it landed back in the bag, her thoughts began to wonder off. When was her last period?

Her breathing along with her heart stopped as she tried to calculate it all up in her head. How had she not noticed?

She squinted as she tried to calculate the last time. She was certain it had been before the tour with the guys, but that couldn't be right, could it? Because if so, she was several weeks late.

She stood up from her chair in fear. What happened now? She breathed in before fleeing from the office and luckily reaching Vic before he was able to see Mark.

"He's on a conference call." He stated, explaining the reason he was sitting outside of the man's office instead of inside.

Madison nodded and Vic gave her a weird look, "What is it?"

"Don't tell him."

"What? I think he will eventually notice you aren't pregnant, Madi. It's best to just get it over with."

"No. Seriously. Don't." She said now pacing as she went into what felt like a panic attack. She didn't want to freak him out if she wasn't, but what if she was? It was best to just keep the truth hidden for a while.

"Madison." He responded coolly as he stood up and grabbed a hold of the girl's arms. Her eyes met his and she bit her bottom lip.

"Ok. If it will upset you this much, I won't. I swear." He spoke sincerely and she nodded in relief.

"Are you sure you are ok?" He questioned, his hands now on her cheeks and his dark eyes filled with concern.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I promise." She managed to mumble out and he nodded although he wasn't sure if he needed to believe her or not. He pressed his lips gently to her forehead.

"Then I'll just go hang out with the guys since our real meeting is in 20 minutes anyways."

"Ok."

"Are you ok with lunch?" He asked and she smiled weakly, "Of course."

"Ok, I'll see you soon."

She nodded once more and he kissed her before leaving her be. She had to call Ravyn asap. She really didn't know what to do at this point.

The girl flew to her office, shutting the door behind her in order to have some privacy and she quickly dialed the familiar number on her work phone.

"Hello?" Her best friend asked as if she didn't know who it was.

"Look. Don't speak. Can you discreetly come to my work without being noticed and bring a pregnancy test?"

"A what?!" The girl shouted and Madison shushed her, "I'll explain when you get here. Can you or not?"

"Ok yeah. Of course. Be there in like 15 minutes."

Madison thanked her and hung up immediately. How did she even get herself in his situation? How had she not paid attention? Was she that stupid?

She sighed and relaxed in her chair, rubbing her temple trying to calm herself down. There could be several reasons this was happening. She didn't need to just assume the worst.

Ravyn of course was true to her word and ran into her office exactly 12 minutes later, out of breath and with a plastic bag.

"I mean, you are so lucky you have me." She breathed out as she shut the door behind her and locked it.

"I truly appreciate it."

"So spill, now..." The girl threatened and Madison breathed in before explaining.

"Oh shit. Well go take it now." Ravyn responded to the disaster and Madison nodded knowing it was for the best if she did it now since Vic would be in that meeting for a while.

She took the box quickly and Ravyn urged her to the bathroom.

"You know it will be ok, right? If you are, everything will be fine. Vic loves you more than anything on the planet." Ravyn said seriously and Madison gave her a nervous grin.

"Everyone knows that is the truth, Madi. Now go." She added before shooing the girl into the small bathroom. Madison had to talk herself up the whole time she was opening the box. Ravyn was right. If she was, she was. It wasn't the end of the world. Afterall, it would be Vic's child and she loved him so if it happened, it happened.

Once she was done she opened the door, Ravyn was still standing by it and Madison just stared at the stick on the counter praying for it to be negative.

"Have you two ever talked about kids?"

Madison shook her head no as she bit her bottom lip, "No..."

"Ah well, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. It's Vic afterall."

Madison nodded and before she could speak her office door opening and the booming of Vic's voice made her eyes go wide.

Ravyn stepped from the door allowing her out and she quickly shut it behind her.

"Well, that was quicker than I assumed." Vic spoke falling into a chair in front of her desk, oblivious to it all.

"Yeah..."

Vic's eyes landed on her and he seemed to be studying her which made her cross her arms.

"Something is going on with you. I wish you'd just tell me. It stresses me out." He finally said and Ravyn cleared her throat, "Well on that note, I should go find Mike he just texted me. Call me." She said throwing a serious look at the girl who nodded in response.

"So, are you going to tell me or not?" He asked calmly as he pulled her into his lap. Her eyes met his and he gently ran his fingers into her hair waiting for her to speak.

Madison breathed in deciding to just be honest and get it over with.

"What if I really was pregnant?" She asked softly and his eyes went wide, "Are you?"

"I don't know. That's why I stopped you this morning. It's just, I'm late and so I called Ravyn freaking out and she brought me a pregnancy test and it's actually in the bathroom right now. I can't look at it." She said all the while not able to look at him. The room immediately went silent and she didn't know what he was feeling or thinking so she didn't dare to move.

"Do you want me to go look at it?" Vic asked calmly. Sure. It scared the hell out of him, but this wasn't just some girl he was dating this was Madison. His best friend. The love of his life. How could he act any other way?

Her eyes immediately met his again and he cupped her face, "It's ok, novio. Everything will be ok. I promise. Whether it is or not." He whispered trying to reassure her and she nodded unable to speak because she felt herself tear up. She hated she feared his reaction now. Of course he would be understanding.

"Don't cry, baby. I'm here. It's ok." He added holding her to him and kissing her head, "You act like this is your fault or something. Last time I checked it takes two people to make a child."

Madison couldn't help but laugh into his shirt as she held onto him.

"Yeah, but still I thought we were being careful."

"Yeah, we have been but we also don't know what that test says so don't jump to conclusions."

"I know..."

"Why don't we go look at it together?" He asked and she nodded as she climbed from his lap. She looked at him and he gave her a grin as he grabbed her hand, giving it a squeeze to calm her dow.

"Relax."

"You are always saying that."

Vic chuckled, "I can't help my girlfriend is always high strung!"

A weak grin hit her lips and he kissed her cheek before reaching for the bathroom door.

"Well, here goes nothing..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah. Cliff hanger. Don't kill me.

So, maybe she is, maybe she isn't? ;)

If it's not said enough, thank you for all the comments, subscribers, recommendations. It is was keeps me motivated! :)