Status: Completed.

You Should've Been Here

You should've walked right through the door.

Madison wasn't surprised when she woke up the next morning to a quiet home. Once she had nicely gotten everyone to leave she changed into pajamas and fell asleep around 2 a.m. She of course wasn't complaining. Afterall, she was ready to sleep 4 hours before hand.

The girl sighed as she sat up in her bed, running her hands through her now messy hair. Her eyes landed on the red dress she hung up and placed on her closet door before she went to sleep. At least she got to wear it for a few hours.

She glanced at the clock realizing it was 9 and although it was now the weekend she forced herself up and headed to the bathroom to shower. She really didn't have anything planned, but Vic said he would come by and although him keeping up with his promises was becoming few and far between she still hoped he would follow through.

She stepped out of the shower wrapping a towel around her before exiting the bathroom to her room only to have a scream leave her throat as she saw Vic relaxed on her bed.

"What are you doing here?!" She asked, her grasp on the towel tightening. The boy sat up with an amused smirk, "Well, you gave me a key, didn't think an announcement was needed."

"Well, when someone is in a shower there should be."

"So you could fall in the shower and die?! No thanks."

The girl rolled her eyes and walked over to her closet to grab some clothes.

"So is that all I get?" He asked and she spun around with her clothes hung over her arm.

"What do you mean?"

He sighed as his eyes met hers and she shrugged, "Let me get dressed and I can decode you afterwards." She responded heading back to the bathroom.

She knew she shouldn't be, but she still felt a bit bitter about him not showing up last night. Although, she knew he couldn't help it.

She took her time in the bathroom knowing it was driving him crazy and once she had done her hair she really had no reason to stay locked up. The girl breathed in before opening the door and stepping out. Vic was right where she left him and he crossed his arms at the sight of her.

"You're mad." He said calmly and she shook her head, "No I'm not." She whispered sitting on the bed softly.

"Yes you are." Vic responded as his eyes landed on her. He knew her better than a lot of people so he knew when she was hurt or upset and right now it was both.

She shrugged and he sighed, "I'm sorry, Madi. I am so sorry. It's not like I intentionally missed it. You know that. I wanted to be here."

"You always want to be here." She grumbled as she got off the bed and he grabbed her arm quickly.

"What does that mean?" He asked his eyebrows narrowing together. In their years of friendship the pair had never fought and although he was uncertain if she even had it in her to do so he felt like this was it now.

"Nothing." She responded and he watched her pull on a hoodie over her pink tank top. A grin hit his lips once he realized his bands name was now across her chest.

"Ok. I get it. I break promises. I'm sorry I'm in a fucking band, but you knew that from the first day we met."

She shrugged and he ran his hand through his hair, "You make me feel bad you know? Because, I mean, you act like I don't want to be here for the things that are important to you, but I do. I do because they are important to me as well. Your birthday? Important to me. Your graduation? Important to me. Madi, I'm sorry. That's really all I can say..."

"It's whatever." She responded softly as she brushed a strand of her long hair behind her ear.

Vic sighed as he slowly moved off the bed and cautiously stepped in front of her.

"I missed you." He stated seriously and she fiddled with her fingers that were now covered up thanks to the hoodie. It was hard to be mad at him. He just had a way about him that pushed all her anger aside.

"A lot actually." He added waiting for her to finally look at him. He knew how to handle her. He knew she would give in to him and he felt a bit guilty since it was so easy, but he didn't want her upset over him.

"You talk to me everyday."

"Yeah, but it isn't the same. Can I not just miss my best friend?" He asked with a grin and her green eyes finally met his.

"Yeah..."

Vic chuckled, "Yeah?"

She nodded and he opened his arms, "Can I have a hug?" He asked softly and she nodded once more before embracing him.

He laughed softly as he wrapped his arms around her holding her tightly to his chest.

"Did you miss me?" He asked against her hair.

"Yes."

"Just so you know, I do in fact have you a birthday present."

"Vic..."

"What? I've had it for weeks so you're going to open it."

She rolled her eyes as they pulled apart and he walked over to where his jacket laid on the bed. He pulled a box from his pocket and spun around to face her.

"It's really nothing special. I just saw it and thought of you so yeah..." he mumbled rubbing the back of his neck as she stared at the box in her hand.

"Open it." He stated and she slowly opened the box to reveal a necklace. It was rather simple. A small diamond hung from the chain, but something about it made him think of her.

"Vic." She said and he smiled as he pulled the necklace from the box.

"Here. Lift your hair." He stated and she quickly did as told. He clasped the necklace behind her and her hand immediately went to the diamond.

"I love it." She said softly and he smiled, "Good. Still mad at me?"

"I never said I was mad at you."

"You didn't have to. I just know." He responded cupping her face, "Fine. If there is even a slight chance of something coming up, I won't promise I can make it. Ok?"

"Ok." She whispered and he pressed his lips to her forehead.

It was funny how Madison and him ended up here. She was a good 5 years younger than himself, but a few years ago her best friend dated Mike and he was unwillingly around her a lot. Of course once that relationship ended he realized he didn't want to end theirs and here they were.

"Is this what you wore last night?" He asked noticing the dress behind her and she turned around quickly, "Oh um yeah."

"I hate I missed that." He said with a grin causing a blush to line her cheeks. He couldn't help but chuckle, "Can I take you to lunch by chance?" He asked with hopeful eyes and she bit her bottom lip before nodding.

"Great, come on." He said grasping her hand before pulling for from the room.

"How are the guys?" She asked as he led her to the car.

"Fine. You'll see them soon."

"Oh I will?"

"Yeah. They are coming to lunch." He responded with a chuckle as he opened the door for her.

"Oh you already planned this huh?"

"Well when you spent forever in the bathroom I had some time." He teased and she rolled her eyes before getting in the car.

"So how long are you guys going to be home?" She asked as Vic drove the pair to a pizza place they use to go every weekend.

"I don't know. A few weeks at least."

She nodded and he grasped the steering wheel tightly, "Enough about me. How are you liking the new job?"

"I love it." Madison responded with a smile and Vic chuckled at her excitement, "That's good, novio. I'm really happy for you. Although I miss you being able to come on tour with us for a while."

"Yeah, was fun." She chuckled and a smile hit his lips, "It was."

The pair finally arrived at the place and it wasn't to her surprise that the boys were already there sitting around a table drinking.

"Madison!" Jaime said standing up from the table and the girl blushed as the boy hugged her immediately.

Vic chuckled as he sat down allowing the boys to embarrass her.

"I missed you." Tony said ruffling her hair as Mike rolled his eyes, "What he meant to say is we missed you. Vic can't go without you so we can't go back on the road without you."

Vic rolled his eyes, "Bullshit."

"Really?" Tony asked with a raised eyebrow and Madison snickered as she sat beside Vic who was glaring at the boy with crossed arms.

"Shut up and sit down."

Mike laughed and sat across from the girl, "So how have you been Mads?"

"Can't complain."

He nodded, "Oh! Also, I have you something for your birthday. I'm sure you'll be over tonight so you can have it then."

The girl nodded and Jaime cut in, "So how was the party?"

"It was...interesting."

Tony laughed, "Interesting?"

"Yeah. I mean, it wasn't bad or anything."

"I guess it makes sense." He responded as their pizzas arrived.

"Well, we are pretending like she didn't have her party last night." Vic stated grabbing a slice of pizza.

"Why?"

"So we can celebrate! We can take her out tonight."

Madison groaned and the boys agreed it was a good idea.

"I don't know..."

"Oh you are. We are celebrating and you can wear that red dress you have as well." Vic added with a smirk.

"Shut up." She grumbled and he chuckled as he leaned back in his seat, drink in hand, "Just saying. So yes? I mean Ravyn is already coming so..."

"What?!"

"Settle down. I texted her earlier too when you were shunning me."

She rolled her eyes, "Well I guess I have no choice now do I?"

"No, not really. It's cute how you always think you do though." He mused as he patted her cheek and she tried to give him a harsh glare which just made him laugh in return.

"I need to stop hanging out with old people." She mumbled and Mike busted out laughing, "I'm pretty sure that is towards you dear brother. You are the oldest."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Eat and shut up."

The girl glanced over at him as he laughed with Tony over pizza. She sighed as she leaned back in her seat. She and Vic both knew she could never say no to him. It was a downfall in their relationship. At least in her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really excited about this story!

Thanks for subscribing! :)